Many years ago today

recklessroad

Guns N’ Roses debuted “Nightrain” at the Music Machine 27 years ago today December 20, 1985 The lyrics were not all done yet but by the next gig that was 2 weeks later they were all filled in and the song was tight.

post-37284-0-70723800-1356075962_thumb.j

Edited by recklessroad

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

27 years ago today Guns N Roses were asked at the last minute to fill in for LA Guns at the Troubadour October 10, 1985 "Paradise City" was played live for the first time that night. It was called "Take Me Home To The Paradise City"

post-37284-0-52207800-1349880044_thumb.j

Awesome. I always wondered where this was from. Is there a cropped version of this pic in Live -Era??? Anyways I was never sure what era the pic was from cuz Axl had a pattern on his pants but had his hair punked out. This is the first time Ive seen the full pic.. all of these pics are amaazing, even the one outside the club.

27 years ago today GNR get ready to play a sold out gig at the Roxy 1/18/86 This was the only photo I took that day because I did video instead. You can also see a bit of Axl in the Mirror on the right side.

post-37284-0-12500600-1358530793_thumb.j

Edited by recklessroad

27 years ago today GNR get ready to play a sold out gig at the Roxy 1/18/86 This was the only photo I took that day because I did video instead. You can also see a bit of Axl in the Mirror on the right side.

Thats cool never saw Axls face in the mirror, also, is that possibly Vicky Hamilton in the mirror to,with the blue shirt?

post-37284-0-12500600-1358530793_thumb.j

• 1 month later...

I forgot to post this yesterday. 27 years ago yesterday Guns N' Roses played the gig at the Troubadour that got them signed. Its was also the debut of "Out Ta Get Me"

attachicon.gif38b 2-28-86 5xbw copy.jpg

Thats an awesome photo Marc - did you take this one?

Thanks for sharing it.

Yes there is also one from the AFD sleeve that I also took that looks just like it with Axls hands in the air but Geffen lost the neg for it so I no longer have it. I also never got paid the $100 they were going to give me for using the 3 photos of mine that they used Edited by recklessroad
I left out something

I forgot to post this yesterday. 27 years ago yesterday Guns N' Roses played the gig at the Troubadour that got them signed. Its was also the debut of "Out Ta Get Me"

attachicon.gif38b 2-28-86 5xbw copy.jpg

Thats an awesome photo Marc - did you take this one?

Thanks for sharing it.

Yes there is also one from the AFD sleeve that I also took that looks just like it with Axls hands in the air but Geffen lost the neg for it so I no longer have it. I also never got paid the $100 they were going to give me for using the 3 photos of mine that they used

Did you ever get one of those RIAA awards for the wall?

• 2 weeks later...

Marc, thank u for the book, absolutelu loved it...

I don't what I'm allowed to ask here, but here are few questions:

- I've always loved GNR lyrics, for the start... everone always says Appetite is a ROCK album, but the lyrics are golden to me also... Were the lyrics "noticed" in the 80's, or was it the image of dangerous rock band which bolted peoples mind? (and I don't mean controversy of lyrics, the uniqueness about them)

- Did you film UYI time at all? (1991?)

- Do u like ChiDem ( in my opinion, one the best rock n roll albums of the 2000's, not fair to compare to 80-90's GNR)

All the best for u!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

28 years ago today Blacksheep at the Country Club. This was the last gig Slash did before rejoining up with Axl and the gang to complete the AFD line up. May 31,1985

attachicon.gifblack sheep.jpg

That is an excellent photo. Black Sheep certainly look, different, for the time.

Marc, was the Country Club show the only Black Sheep gig with Slash? I think I remember you stating that it was however Willie Basse, in your book (p.61), says this: ''We only did a few gigs like the Troubadour and the Country Club.''

Edited by DieselDaisy

Willie was wrong but my publisher wouldn't let me change that because it came out of his mouth. Slash was only in the band for 2 weeks and did only one gig with them. Vicky Hamilton also thinks that she introduced Slash to Axl at a Blacksheep gig at the Music Machine in 1984 which is 1 year before. Sometimes people get things mixed up.

The Lyrics were very real to what was going on in their lives at the time. I did film 7 gigs in 1991 and 2 in 1992. I do love the new CD just wish it would have been released when it was done in 2002.

Hi Marc. Which gigs did you film in 1991 and 1992?

Willie was wrong but my publisher wouldn't let me change that because it came out of his mouth. Slash was only in the band for 2 weeks and did only one gig with them. Vicky Hamilton also thinks that she introduced Slash to Axl at a Blacksheep gig at the Music Machine in 1984 which is 1 year before. Sometimes people get things mixed up.

It was because of the Hamilton quote why I asked.

Marc, in 1984, Slash had brief stints in London and Klass. Is it possible that she is mistaken one of those bands for Black Sheep?

Edited by DieselDaisy