Many years ago today

recklessroad

The Lyrics were very real to what was going on in their lives at the time. I did film 7 gigs in 1991 and 2 in 1992. I do love the new CD just wish it would have been released when it was done in 2002.

Hi Marc. Which gigs did you film in 1991 and 1992?

5 Los Angeles gigs in 1991 and 2 in Cleveland which one of them they opened with Coma and 2 in 1992 San Diego

Willie was wrong but my publisher wouldn't let me change that because it came out of his mouth. Slash was only in the band for 2 weeks and did only one gig with them. Vicky Hamilton also thinks that she introduced Slash to Axl at a Blacksheep gig at the Music Machine in 1984 which is 1 year before. Sometimes people get things mixed up.

It was because of the Hamilton quote why I asked.

Marc, in 1984, Slash had brief stints in London and Klass. Is it possible that she is mistaken one of those bands for Black Sheep?

The first time Axl met Slash was after the Garzzarri's Rose gig and it had nothing to do with Vicky or the band London or Klass.

The Lyrics were very real to what was going on in their lives at the time. I did film 7 gigs in 1991 and 2 in 1992. I do love the new CD just wish it would have been released when it was done in 2002.

Hi Marc. Which gigs did you film in 1991 and 1992?

5 Los Angeles gigs in 1991 and 2 in Cleveland which one of them they opened with Coma and 2 in 1992 San Diego

Thank you very much for the info, Marc.

She may have been there. That would be the only thing that makes sense in her story if she was there that night but I still think she has Chris Weber or Tracii Guns mixed up with Slash

Confusing the issue further:

I left for a bunch of reasons...I got into a fight with Axl when we played the Music Machine with Stryper. I swung around onstage and hit Axl right in the face with the neck of my guitar. It wasn't the first time this had happened, and he got mad. It kind of broke up the band as far as I was concerned.

- Chris Weber (in The Saga of Guns N' Roses by Stephen Davis).

Thats a good question, I sure hope so. However I think if he saw something that he didn't like, I think he would still react somehow. I do think it's a good sign that he doesn't come to the gig with something on his mind. Also he looks good in the newer interviews that he has done.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

29 years ago today Axl, Slash and Steven on stage live for the first time. The New Hollywood Rose at Madams Wong's West 6/16/84

attachicon.gif8438-39 copy.jpeg

True history in the making those 3 together for the first time. It gives me shivers to think about how blessed you were to have witnessed those first gigs in person.

• 3 weeks later...

28 years ago today was the first LA Guns show with Axl in the band at the Troubadour October 5, 1984 Axl asked me to shoot this show and I had to sneak away from Slash to do it because Slash would have been pissed that I was helping Axl and Tracii. Hollywood Rose had just broke up and Tracii was a rival of Slash when they were in High School

attachicon.gif84 la guns .jpg

what songs did Axl sing in LA guns?

Bloodshot Eyes

Shadow of your love

Nice Boys

If you don't love me

Stick To Your Guns

Anything Goes

Heartbreak Hotel

I just made a thread about many of these songs where you can see snippets of them from october 84

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/202372-axl-performing-for-la-guns-videos/

Hi Marc, Do you know why Axl got involved in regessive therapy or whatever it is called? Why he believes in past life? I know he is not the only person in the world who have done it. But I´m surprised he got into that.

P.S. Great book. Any plans to do other GN´R related material? (book, documentary, pictures, etc)

Thanks