The Sopranos vs The Wire

GivenToFly

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Best TV shows ever made are all English.

Shame you aren't you paki cunt! :lol:

This coming from a man whoose forebearers were essentially tartan skirt wearing highland dwelling ginger savages that porked their mothers just to keep warm every winter :lol: Yes, i'd probably think twice before casting aspersions on someones race when belonging to one whoose international repute is based around cross-dressing!

Lenny are you suggesting all ginger are savages? :anger:

On topic, cant vote because I didn't watch either series enough to form an opinion, but I love Alabama3 who did the Sopranos theme. "You Don't Dance to Techno Anymore" being a real favourite.

I have yet to experience all of the Sopranos series. I've caught some different character and story arcs. The series didn't engage me like The Wire did. Plus it doesn't help that I really don't care for anything mob/Italian related. Shitty food. Shitty accents. Shitty religion.

The Wire not only had great characters, but it made you feel like you were chatting it up continuously with a bunch of undercover journalists. Even if a veteran detective could walk up and point out all of the bullshit in the series, most of it was unique and very plausible. Plus there's all that bullshit moral complexity stuff.

ON TOPIC,

Null, have not watched The Wire. Kind of wanna get into it.

Do it, man. Breaking Bad and The Wire are a dead heat when it comes to T.V. shows I always recommend. Plenty of corruption, wire-tapping, cop drama at it's finest, etc, etc. The writer for The Wire was a journalist in Baltimore for a long time, and that's where he gets a lot of his material.

Edited by AbominableHoman