Campaign: Buy Chinese Democracy for the people you love this holiday season

deepfreeze

chinese-democracy-cover-big.jpg

I know it's early, but all this talk about politics in America has got me pumped enough to want to start a movement. Possibly a tradition. The world needs more Chinese Democracy, and I just want to see a show of hands of people that will join in and buy Chinese Democracy for their loved ones this coming holiday season. Who's in on this?

I did this in 2009 when someone posted this same thing, then I did it again in 2010 when it was $1.99 for my close friends. I have no one else to give it to damnit.

Why not be charitable? Give unto the homeless and the poor? Many people will live their lives without having the luxury of listening to Chinese Democracy. We should help them.

Remember, the album is too complex for the average music listener to comprehend.

Shit I remember when people would say that. The other classic was that in a few years when the album had a chance to settle in, it would be seen as a great masterpiece. Presumably It would take a few years as people's minds were not advanced enough in 2008 and it would take several years to fully comprehend the albums genius.

If you want them to remain their loved ones I'd recommend not bothering. ;)

Remember, the album is too complex for the average music listener to comprehend.

Shit I remember when people would say that. The other classic was that in a few years when the album had a chance to settle in, it would be seen as a great masterpiece. Presumably It would take a few years as people's minds were not advanced enough in 2008 and it would take several years to fully comprehend the albums genius.

See people, even a Welshman gets it. :lol:

I gave it to my ex girlfriend when we were still together and at the time I was SO into Chinese.

She listened to it, she said "Better is a good song, the guitar work on the album, overall is great, but the album doesn't do anything for me, I don't think it's anything special".

Two years later, I kinda have the same opinion as her...I think there is great musicianship on that album, moments of guitaristic brilliance, but the songs themselves ? Not really.

Edited by The Glow Inc.

I gave it to my ex girlfriend when we were still together and at the time I was SO into Chinese.

She listened to it, she said "Better is a good song, the guitar work on the album, overall is great, but the album doesn't do anything for me, I don't think it's anything special".

Two years later, I kinda have the same opinion as her...I think there is great musicianship on that album, moments of guitaristic brilliance, but the songs themselves ? Not really.

I think the word you are searching for is "mediocre"