Chinese Democracy: from best to worst

the rush

I don't remember if this was done before but I think it could be a great way for every forum member to expres themselves without having to give grades fro every song. in this way both the worshippers and haters would be part of the same bunch and we wouldn't be able to tell who hates CD and new gnr in general. so please, no grades and no explanations, no praise and no derogatory words just make the list. Here's mine:

1. better

2. there was a time

3. prostitute

4. this i love

5. shackler's revenge

6. sorry

7. if the world

8. scraped

9. irs

10. madagascar

11. catcher in the rye

12. street of dreams

13. chinese democracy

14. rhiad and the bedouins

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

1. Madagascar

2. Better

3. Sorry

4. This I Love

5. Street Of Dreams

6. If The World

7. IRS

8. Catcher In The Rye

9. Chinese Democracy

10. Scraped

11. Riad N' the Bedouins

12. Prostitute

13. There Was A Time

14. Shackler's Revenge

Edited by Satanisk_Slakt

this I asked you not to do. no comments whatsoever but no, you just have to shout out you're a hater

your posts are useless to this thread and as such, why bother posting? I've given the instructions and if you don't like it I'm sure there's plenty of other threads where you can bulid up your posts total

Edited by the rush

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

this I asked you not to do. no comments whatsoever but no, you just have to shout out you're a hater

your posts are useless to this thread and as such, why bother posting? I've given the instructions and if you don't like it I'm sure there's plenty of other threads where you can bulid up your posts total

Well, sorry then. I didn't read your post, only the title. Edited now.

1. prostitute

2. this i love

3. twat

4. sorry

5. chinese democracy

6. scraped

last: if the world

no good. read the instructions from the opening post. If you don't like it, you don't have to post in this thread

Edited by the rush

so far after 7 posts (and as opposed to polls with grades, this gives a more accurate picture):

1. Better - 2,42

2. This I love - 4,85

3. There Was a Time - 5,14

4. Sorry - 5,42

5. Prostitute - 6,57

6. Madagascar - 6,71

7. Street of Dreams - 7

8. Shackler's Revenge - 7,42

9. Catcher in the Rye - 7,57

10. IRS - 9,14

11. Chinese Democracy - 10,14

12. If the World - 10,42

13. Rhiad N' the Bedouins - 10,57

14. Scraped - 11,57

it shows Better strong at no1 as almost on a completely different level (nobody has it lower than third so far).

it is also informative as to what might appeal to somebody who never heard them (as in you recommend songs to listen off CD)

Edited by the rush

My two cents...

Chinese Democracy 8/10 Really dig the intro, good song

Shackler's Revenge 5/10 Never got the fuss about this song. Don't like the industrial sound.

Better 5,5/10 It's a decent song, but somehow I got bored with it before CD even came out.

Street of Dreams 6,5/10 Would be 8,5/10 in it's original The Blues 2002 form. Shame they took so much power out of it, especially the intro.

If the world 7,5/10 Suprisingly decent track!

There was a time 7/10 While good and epic, still somehow a bit of a hard track to listen to all the way through. It seems...heavy.

Catcher in the rey 7,5/10 Always loved it. The Brian May leaked version with good production would be a solid 9/10

Scraped 4/10 Filler. Dull.

Riad N the Bedouins 7/10 I don't get all the hate for this one. I like it! The intro is a bit meh though.

Sorry 6,5/10 Bitter, really not as good as people say it is. Mediocre lyrics.

IRS 6/10 Never got the fuss about this track. Nice groove, but nothing special

Madagascar 7,5/10 Also heavy to sit through. But still quite good. Better than TWAT.

This I love 5,5/10 Boring song.

Prostitute 8/10 Good track!

Which brings me to an average of 6,5 per track (total divided by 14).

I copy-posted that from my reply in this awesome thread from a while ago.

Be sure to check this great post by GivenToFly where he calculated the averages.

Edited by username

My two cents...

Chinese Democracy 8/10 Really dig the intro, good song

Shackler's Revenge 5/10 Never got the fuss about this song. Don't like the industrial sound.

Better 5,5/10 It's a decent song, but somehow I got bored with it before CD even came out.

Street of Dreams 6,5/10 Would be 8,5/10 in it's original The Blues 2002 form. Shame they took so much power out of it, especially the intro.

If the world 7,5/10 Suprisingly decent track!

There was a time 7/10 While good and epic, still somehow a bit of a hard track to listen to all the way through. It seems...heavy.

Catcher in the rey 7,5/10 Always loved it. The Brian May leaked version with good production would be a solid 9/10

Scraped 4/10 Filler. Dull.

Riad N the Bedouins 7/10 I don't get all the hate for this one. I like it! The intro is a bit meh though.

Sorry 6,5/10 Bitter, really not as good as people say it is. Mediocre lyrics.

IRS 6/10 Never got the fuss about this track. Nice groove, but nothing special

Madagascar 7,5/10 Also heavy to sit through. But still quite good. Better than TWAT.

This I love 5,5/10 Boring song.

Prostitute 8/10 Good track!

Which brings me to an average of 6,5 per track (total divided by 14).

I copy-posted that from my reply in this awesome thread from a while ago.

Be sure to check this great post by GivenToFly where he calculated the averages.

check the OP. I'm not calculating what you posted, i'm calculating the order so if you don't mind edit your post and order the songs from 1 to 14 descending from best to worst. your list is unusable because it has several songs that have the same grade... I cannot have that

All I can say about Chinese Democracy is:

This I Love - Robin Finck has come up with a great solo

Better - Robin Finck has come up with a great solo

If The World - Good opening guitar (Buckethead ?)

Madagascar - The sample's mash-up works a treat

The Blues - Good piano

Other that that, I pretty much dislike the album. Kudos for using shiny gold effect on the album cover. It looks expensive.

The Leaks:

Catcher In The Rye - Brian May created a great solo, no where to be seen on the official release ?

Edited by vaida