Madonna 2 hours late for show!

Val22

Okay, I recently read a small blurb in Entertainment Weekly Magazine about how Madonna was over 2 hours late for a show and someone called her on it, stating that even though she can sleep until noon with cucumbers on her eyes, the rest of the people who came to see her show have to get up for work or school, so get your butt out on time. lol

Well, why didn't more critics call Madonna out for being late, like Axl seems to get all the time. Okay, maybe Axl is late more times than Madonna, but at this stage of the game, we fans know that Axl and GNR are not going on stage at 9 and we wait because we know the 3 hour show is so worth it.

In Madonna's case, she just doesn't care and is so egotistical that she figures what the hell. At least Axl apologized to us fans for being late and for being away for 20 years.

I wonder if Madonna apologized to her fans when she was late.

Whatever, like I said before I've seen many many bands and artists in my time. Some were late and we waited because we knew the show was going to be fuckin amazing and it always was!

Question is "how often".

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because the amount of senseless things that Axl has done over time has made him more of an asshole in the mind of your average fan than Madonna could ever be seen as. Let's take a look at some of these reasons:

- Axl uses the name Guns N' Roses for a band that's not Guns N' Roses

- Axl has taken 14 years to produce one album

- Axl has blatantly lied to fans on numerous occasions regarding releases

- Axl is the one keeping fans from seeing invaluable vast live footage of the greatest rock tour in history just because of personal issues with Slash

When a renowned musician makes this many fuckups over such a long period of time, understandably they will get more shit from the fans for doing something than someone else might.

Edited by Screamin' Demon

How is Axl "late" when he's been going on around the same time for over twenty years? You're seeing a three hour rock show each night, not a fucking Opera or a ballet, or well, Madonna.

Exactly,also nobody mentioned Sir Paul and Bruce Springsteen getting their power yanked in the UK for breaking curfew.

(they should have brought a megaphone)

The press likes to villianize GNR.

How is Axl "late" when he's been going on around the same time for over twenty years? You're seeing a three hour rock show each night, not a fucking Opera or a ballet, or well, Madonna.

So your saying Axl is never late for shows?

No, what he is stating is GNR has always started on GNR time, they have late starts but you get a fucking spectacular 3 hour gig in return.

Exactly,also nobody mentioned Sir Paul and Bruce Springsteen getting their power yanked in the UK for breaking curfew.

You know the reason why nobody mentioned Sir Paul and Bruce Springsteen getting their power yanked? Bruce was ON TIME, but he goes with the flow and plays for as long as he wants. Axl WAS the villain, it was HIS responsibility to show up on time because he knew what the consequences would be. It was stated in the press with the festival organiser that he had contact and was promised they would be on time, but nooooo why should Axl bother? And then sit there and almost cry like a baby on stage, very sad and pathetic.

You know the reason why nobody mentioned Sir Paul and Bruce Springsteen getting their power yanked? Bruce was ON TIME, but he goes with the flow and plays for as long as he wants. Axl WAS the villain, it was HIS responsibility to show up on time because he knew what the consequences would be. It was stated in the press with the festival organiser that he had contact and was promised they would be on time, but nooooo why should Axl bother? And then sit there and almost cry like a baby on stage, very sad and pathetic.

Apparently you weren't there,nobody cried,the crowd was in GNR's favor,the megaphone was hilarious,and GNR "occupied" the stage and refused to leave.

Rock has never been about toeing the line,but pushing the envelope.

[quote name=The Black' timestamp='1346

753867' post='3201525]

They were there ;)

And I would have been pissed if this had happened to me because of Axl's tardiness. I know you wouldn't mind sailaway, you'd find it an honor if he literally kicked you in the balls.

Yeah,believe everything you read/hear.on the internet. :rolleyes:

I'm not a dick to people I like,so there would be no damage to my junk,ya perv.

753867' post='3201525]

They were there ;)

And I would have been pissed if this had happened to me because of Axl's tardiness. I know you wouldn't mind sailaway, you'd find it an honor if he literally kicked you in the balls.

I don't see much difference in believing every word Axl says to be honest. And since when should "a kick in the balls" be perceived as something sexual? You're the one that perceived it that way, take a good look in the mirror.

753867' post='3201525]

They were there ;)

I don't see much difference in believing every word Axl says to be honest. And since when should "a kick in the balls" be perceived as something sexual? You're the one that perceived it that way, take a good look in the mirror.

You are a piece of work,although not a very entertaining one.

Have fun gettting your innaccurate info off the non-biased internet. :crazy:

Might want to attempt to stay on topic,or take your attitude to attitude.

I know I'm not entertaining to you, because it gets pretty frustrating once somebody outsmarts them.

I'll base my opinions on all the information I read. Look I know we both at least respect a man for his talent, however this whole "victim" farce you may continue to believe.

But now, to stay on topic to at least please the admins, I'd like anybody to present me with a musical artist that has the same reputation. An artist that has been consistenly late for over 20 years.

Okay, I recently read a small blurb in Entertainment Weekly Magazine about how Madonna was over 2 hours late for a show and someone called her on it, stating that even though she can sleep until noon with cucumbers on her eyes, the rest of the people who came to see her show have to get up for work or school, so get your butt out on time. lol

Well, why didn't more critics call Madonna out for being late, like Axl seems to get all the time. Okay, maybe Axl is late more times than Madonna, but at this stage of the game, we fans know that Axl and GNR are not going on stage at 9 and we wait because we know the 3 hour show is so worth it.

In Madonna's case, she just doesn't care and is so egotistical that she figures what the hell. At least Axl apologized to us fans for being late and for being away for 20 years.

I wonder if Madonna apologized to her fans when she was late.

Whatever, like I said before I've seen many many bands and artists in my time. Some were late and we waited because we knew the show was going to be fuckin amazing and it always was!

yeah but has she been 2 hours late to every show for the last 10 years?

my sister and her husband just saw bruce this weekend in philly and he came onstage on-time and managed to play for 3.5 hours

Guest Len B'stard

Guns as they are today can't even be considered to be on the same level as Madonna and even Madonna ain't the Madonna of yesteryear, no one expects anything artistically from Guns, they don't get the same level of attention that Madonna does, the two ain't really comparable.

I wonder how much he's had to pay in fines over the past 30 years for being late. I think when he laughs about, it's not because he thinks it's funny, but because he's embarrassed that he can't help himself. Other times he's throwing a tantrum and whatever is bothering him at the time, delays the show. This is Lead Singer Disease stuff, he should just do a song called LSD...

Being late is one of Axl's signature moves. I hope he continues to do it. I can play tetris on my dumbphone til he shows up.

:thumbsup:

This summer I was in Poland gig. I waited for almost six fucking months too se it! What those 2 hours meant to me? Nothing.. :shrugs: But the show was SO AWESOME.

Madonna is obviously a fan of Axl.

:rofl-lol:

i think it's natural for women to be late. it's on their brain or something. axl should start acting like a man, not like a diva.

Uh what? I fail to see how gender plays a role in it. I'm rarely ever late because my parents taught me it's better to be 15 minutes early than 5 minutes late. Also, I don't think my time is any more important than anyone else's. It's just respect and common courtesy.

No. no. no. Sometimes it's not. :rolleyes:

P. S. You're just a real man, Daria! :thumbsup:

Edited by Scumcat Esq.

Are you serious?

Don't you know that nothing is ever Axl's fault. Ever.

Don't you know the women he beat deserved what they got.

Don't you know that all members of the media - from 1987 through today - are all part of a huge conspiracy to badmouth Axl.

Crazy thing is that some people on here actually believe that.