Embracing the Past

ARX77

Marc, first of all thank for answering everyone's questions.

I've always wondered why it seems Axl doesnt embrace his past accomplishments. Even-though he's upset with Slash, why do you think he never wants to mention the old band? Take the HOF for example: he didnt want to celebrate all his hard work in the past, do something nice for the fans and then continue what he's doing? Also take the Activation lawsuit. Slash helped write Jungle yet Axl was adamant about not having Slash's likeness associated with the song on the game. From a business stand point none of this makes sense! IMO when Axl came back in 2002 with the corn-rows it was almost like he wanted to look SO different and so no-one associated him with the old band. To me I think it is Axl attitude towards the original band that has made the fan-base so divided.

I get he doesnt like Slash or hates him. But look how bad it makes him look to sue a video game that Im sure Axl made money of off because they used Slash's image on a song he helped write? He doesnt have to be Slash's friend ofr ever play with him, but embrace what they created together. IMO that would help him sell more concert tickers, more albums and all in all make GnR bigger than it is today. I hope what Im writing makes sense. I dont want this to be an Axl vs Slash thing because thats no my intentions.

I've always wondered why it seems Axl doesnt embrace his past accomplishments. Even-though he's upset with Slash, why do you think he never wants to mention the old band? Take the HOF for example: he didnt want to celebrate all his hard work in the past, do something nice for the fans and then continue what he's doing? Also take the Activation lawsuit. Slash helped write Jungle yet Axl was adamant about not having Slash's likeness associated with the song on the game. From a business stand point none of this makes sense! IMO when Axl came back in 2002 with the corn-rows it was almost like he wanted to look SO different and so no-one associated him with the old band. To me I think it is Axl attitude towards the original band that has made the fan-base so divided.

I get he doesnt like Slash or hates him. But look how bad it makes him look to sue a video game that Im sure Axl made money of off because they used Slash's image on a song he helped write? He doesnt have to be Slash's friend ofr ever play with him, but embrace what they created together. IMO that would help him sell more concert tickers, more albums and all in all make GnR bigger than it is today. I hope what Im writing makes sense. I dont want this to be an Axl vs Slash thing because thats no my intentions.

It does make sense what you are saying but thats just how Axl feels about it. Even through Axl will make money on the old stuff, he doesn't want Slash too. So he would rather no one make anything off of it. Until Axl finds away to get rid of his anger for Slash, this is how it will be. If you knew how much pain Axl thinks Slash has caused him, then you would almost understand why he does the things he does to stop the old band from showing off what they accomplished. It's very sad to see that they can't enjoy all the things that they have earned.

It does make sense what you are saying but thats just how Axl feels about it. Even through Axl will make money on the old stuff, he doesn't want Slash too. So he would rather no one make anything off of it. Until Axl finds away to get rid of his anger for Slash, this is how it will be. If you knew how much pain Axl thinks Slash has caused him, then you would almost understand why he does the things he does to stop the old band from showing off what they accomplished. It's very sad to see that they can't enjoy all the things that they have earned.

I guess in the end its sad things are this way. It has also caused such a division amongst fans. I will never understand why fans (especially) cannot respect the past while embracing the future.

This is a serious case of Axl Rose cutting off his own nose to spite his face.