Finally.....hair metal returns.

Apollo

I will warn you, if you weren't a fan of the hair metal era from the late 80s through the early 90s then you probably won't like these guys at all and 30 seconds of listening will prompt you to leave "this sucks" as a comment.

But if you were a fan of that era of music, when songs were light and fun, then you just might enjoy these guys. A combination of Cinderella, Tesla and a bit of great white/dangerous toys thrown in. Those were four of my favorite hair metal/hard rock bands, so maybe that's why I'm digging these guys a lot. If you didn't like them, you won't like The Last Vegas.

And yes. Discovered and produced by Nikki Sixx, and our boy DJ helped produce some of their songs.

The power ballad, sounds a lot like Tesla

Guest Len B'stard

I'd take hairmetal as the mainstream-popular genre over all the other crap (hiphop etc.) any day of the week.

I'd take Lithiums action and go for polio over hair metal :lol:

I've always found people's hatred of certain types of music funny. Weird, shallow minded, but funny. Also a little weird that I started the post off by saying if you didn't like hair metal then you wouldn't like the videos I posted....yet, people still post negative things.

Personally, I'm glad there are numerous types of musical genres for people to enjoy.

Lifelong crippling and deadly diseases over a type of music? Uhhhh, sure.

I'm thrilled to have found these guys and am really enjoying their music. :takethat:

I've always found people's hatred of certain types of music funny. Weird, shallow minded, but funny. Also a little weird that I started the post off by saying if you didn't like hair metal then you wouldn't like the videos I posted....yet, people still post negative things.

Personally, I'm glad there are numerous types of musical genres for people to enjoy.

Lifelong crippling and deadly diseases over a type of music? Uhhhh, sure.

I'm thrilled to have found these guys and am really enjoying their music. :takethat:

Well, at least you didn't mention the words "grunge" or "vendetta" this time.

These guys are awesome and a great bunch of guys too. Atleast this kind of music has some balls to it (minus the ballads of course), better than the Nickelbacks, Saving Abels, Adelitas Ways and a majority of the popular rock bands out there today.

I agree 100%.

There is just a different feel to it than the "rock" from today's popular bands. Even bands like Avenged and Buckcherry are a little too.....I can't even think of the word. Maybe just too polished. Which sounds weird, as a lot of the hair bands were over-polished. So maybe that's not the right word.

I lived in Seattle for awhile and hung out with the singer and guitar player from Metal Church. Jamming at people's houses, cruising around drinking beer with the stereo cranked......can you imagine doing that with the lead singer of Nickleback?

A lot of the bands were very fan friendly. They'd hang out in the club before shows, and you could just walk up and chat with them. You didn't have to pay a couple hundred bucks for VIP aftershow passes. LA Guns, Dangerous Toys, Tora Tora, Danger Danger, Warrant - those guys would literally be drinking in the bar. Again, can you even picture going to the beer garden during a show and running into the Nickleback singer?

Bands were just different in those days than they are now. I guess the people who weren't around or didn't experience those days just don't "get it." (Not saying that s a negative. My son was showing me his favorite dubstep or skyrllix songs the other day and I seriouslyd "don't get it." But millions of teenagers love it, so there must be something there).

The coolest thing about finding this band, is the little side suggestion box on youtube. In the last couple days I've discovered several other bands that have that hair metal/hard rock sound. In the past week I've probably added 50 new songs to my ipod - which is more "new" songs than I've added to it in the past decade.

It is awesome there are sooo many different types of music for people to enjoy!

My son loves all kinds of music. He is lucky to not be close minded about music. GnR is his favorite. He loves the Beatles and Led Zep. GnR is his fav band, 2112 is his favorite album, and some cheesy goo goo dolls song is his favoritr song. He doesnt like the current pop scene with the beyonces and lady gagas. But he likes dubstep. He can't stand kayne, but loves the songs go to church and put your back into it.