6. Since I Don't Have You - 6,35

7. Raw Power - 6,5

8. Buick Makane - 7

9. New Rose - 7,78

10. Attitude - 8,64

11. I Don't Care about You - 9,28

12. Look at You Game Girl - 10,35

13. ....arms around a Memory - 11,14

voting for spaghetti has been slow so far (CD got 33 votes) so 24 hours from now the vote will be closed and we move on to Use Your Illusion II

Edited by the rush

Shouldn't this thread be moved to: HALL OF FAME / ORIGINAL GN'R Subforums

..as it has nothing to do with Axl and his hired hands. Just say'in..

well it has to do with Guns N' Roses and the name of the subforum is GUNS N ROSES - DISCUSSION & NEWS so I don't understand what confuses you exactly. A few days ago we voted on Chinese democracy, now on TSI and I'll start threads for the remaining albums in order to comprise the list of "best" GNR songs from all albums without unwanted, unconsstructive and unnecessary comments such as yours

Shouldn't this thread be moved to: HALL OF FAME / ORIGINAL GN'R Subforums

..as it has nothing to do with Axl and his hired hands. Just say'in..

well it has to do with Guns N' Roses and the name of the subforum is GUNS N ROSES - DISCUSSION & NEWS so I don't understand what confuses you exactly. A few days ago we voted on Chinese democracy, now on TSI and I'll start threads for the remaining albums in order to comprise the list of "best" GNR songs from all albums without unwanted, unconsstructive and unnecessary comments such as yours

Confused not. TSI is without doubt more ORIGINAL GN'R than the GN'R in this section. Its quite clear to see really. There is a section on MyGNR called HALL OF FAME / ORIGINAL GN'R Subforums

Edited by vaida

Confused not. TSI is without doubt more ORIGINAL GN'R than the GN'R in this section. Its quite clear to see really. There is a section on MyGNR called HALL OF FAME / ORIGINAL GN'R Subforums

What alludes you is the fact that this thread is part of a larger set of threads that are supposed to rank GN'R songs according to popularity. Not just old songs, but also new songs. There is not one single section where this set of threads would naturally belong except for this one. So get over being butthurt about the sectioning of the place.

END. total votes: 15

1. Down on the Farm - 2,86

2. Ain't It Fun - 4,4

3. Human Being - 4,8

4. Black Leather - 5,4

5. Hair of the Dog - 6

6. Raw Power - 6,53

7. Since I Don't Have You - 6,66

8. Buick Makane - 7,13

9. New rose - 7,8

10. Attitude - 8,73

11. I Don't Care about You - 8,93

12. Look at Your Game Girl - 10,53

13. You Can't Put Your Arms around a Memory - 11,2

So after CD and TSI we have 9 songs for the finale:

Ain't It Fun

Better

Black Leather

Down on the Farm

Hair of the Dog

Human Being

Prostitute

Shackler's Revenge

There Was a Time

Moving on to Use Your Illusion II

EDIT: to reduce the number of songs for the final round (as 40 is a bit too much) I found a new logic for the cutoff point. Average ranking of a song must be lower than half the album

Example: UYI 2 has 14 songs - song with the average of 7 and above doesn't maket the cut and song with the average of 7 and below does

Edited by the rush

Ain't It Fun

Better

Black Leather

Catcher in the Rye

Down on the Farm

Hair of the Dog

Human Being

Madagascar

Prostitute

Raw Power

Shackler's Revenge

Sorry

There Was a Time

Moving on to Use Your Illusion II

Why 7 CD songs and 6 TSI?

I explained in one of the previous posts. TSI is the only album that has uneven number of songs (13) and I'm basically cutting each album in half. If I had taken 7 songs I would get the total of 39 songs from 6 GNR albums, a number which I cannot cut in half in order to have top 19 songs which would effectivelly be the topmost quarter of alll GNR songs. Also, why I took 6 instead of 7 is that if there's an album to be more "harsh" on it would be an album which is not essentially a GNR album since they're all cover songs from other bands.

However, if you feel so strongly about it I can have 7 songs from TSI, have a total of 39 cut in half to 19,5 which would in effect be turned into 20 and have a GNR TOP 20 list. I'm nothing if not flexible :)

However, if you feel so strongly about it I can have 7 songs from TSI, have a total of 39 cut in half to 19,5 which would in effect be turned into 20 and have a GNR TOP 20 list. I'm nothing if not flexible :)

Yeah a top 20 sounds better. Honestly though I'm just bothered that Since I Don't Have You didn't make the cut. :lol:

Yeah a top 20 sounds better. Honestly though I'm just bothered that Since I Don't Have You didn't make the cut. :lol:

Yeah, I was also disappointed but now that's fixed :)

What alludes you is the fact that this thread is part of a larger set of threads that are supposed to rank GN'R songs according to popularity. Not just old songs, but also new songs. There is not one single section where this set of threads would naturally belong except for this one. So get over being butthurt about the sectioning of the place.

This thread is 100% about TSI?

This thread is 100% about TSI?

yes it is but its results are crucial for a thread that will comprise songs from all gnr albums afd to cd

EDIT: Oh, it's closed :-(

1. Ain't It Fun

2. Down On The Farm

3. Human Being

4. Black Leather

5. Look At Your Game Girl (how is this so under-rated! It's pretty cool imo)

6. Hair Of The Dog

Those are the 6 I actually like, everything else is... meh..

7. Buick Makane

8. I Don't Care About You

9. Since I Don't Have You

10. Raw Power

11. Attitude

12. New Rose

13. You Can't Put Your Arms Around A Memory

I find this whole period in Guns really interesting, probably because we don't have much info about it. 93-96....

Edited by The_Universal_Sigh

• 2 years later...

I know they are covers, but despite that, they are a very underrated GNR songs. In my opinion, these two songs are better than any songs in ChiDem; its what ChiDem is missing... just raw and angry rock n roll.

So just wondering, any one here loves these songs as well? Cuz I know TSI? isnt getting much love at all.

• Like 2

i like tsi and chi democracy. the tone of tsi is great. mixed well, powerful but clean and tight. i think tone wise it is my favorite gnr record. human being is a good song. i don't listen to hair of the dog though because my radio station back in the day beat it to death. but i like how the song speeds up at the end. gnr always made covers sound like their own songs.

black leather is pretty cool. everyone sounds good on the record.

i agree with estranged coma, such a waste during those years. i always wonder what could have been. gnr would have had a shot at being one of the biggest bands of all time--immortality, so to speak. led zeppelin, rolling stones, the beatles. they came really close with just 4 records and 6-8 years. i'm not mad at the guys in the band or anything, i just wish they could have worked it out to at least be able to still make a few more records.