First concert you ever went to?

Redhead74

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First concert with my friends? Judas Priest with Dokken.

My parents took me to Beach Boys and Barry Manilow and stuff

what tour was it when you saw priest?

The "Fuel for Life" tour ....1986?

yeah that was the tour for turbo. i bet it was an awesome show

Wow. You folks in the US love our Michael, don't you? I have a friend in NY who is a mad INXS fan too. Ooh, I feel quite proud to be an Aussie at this moment. That doesn't really happen all that often. :lol:

You should be proud! INXS is amazing. They are one of my favorite bands! Always have been since I was a kid. :)

First show I went to was the "Barbed Wire Ball" back in '94?... Featured The Poor, The Screaming Jets, and The Angels, (and some dodgy support act called Who's Guilty) What an intro to Aussie Rock rock3

Got to meet The Poor, and had a CD signed (no idea where it is now, was stolen from me years ago :thumbsdown: )

music went from

to

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7kYVjL2lps

I was underage at the time (just), but ended up downstairs and in the mosh anyway, brilliant night.. not enough bands come to Tassie, got to make the most of it when they do... Was devastated Horsehead didn't come down here with them (They did the mainland tour from what I remember), Would have loved to have been at Calder Park in '93.. Horsehead, Skid Row and Guns. Three of my fave. bands at the time, apparantly Slash played a song with Horsehead. :thumbsup:

Edited by 77Jesters

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

I don't really know. :unsure:

It's a bit unfair, because my mother never took me to any concerts, but she took my two oldest sisters to lots of stuff. Like Aerosmith and Iron Maiden in the 80's, GNR in 91 and more. I'm so jealous of them.

Slash's snakepit in 1995, then Prodigy shortly after.

But if I'm being totally honest there was one before that. Jason Donovan in 1990. I ruined my impeccable concert going stats by starting off with a dud.

I suspect some of you saying cool bands as your first gigs might have some skeletons in the closet aswell.

Just like I want to say Suicide Is Painless by The Manic Street Preachers was the first record I bought. But unfortunately i didnt have the foresight and it was preceded by If I Could Turn Back Time by cunting Cher.

At a leonard cohen gig, kinda punk ass, buncha old white people :lol:

Yep! When I saw the man in 2010 I was probably the youngest person there, lots of old people all sitting there reminiscing the good old days, probably wishing they were back in the 70s smoking a joint and having lots of casual sex. :lol:

Guest Len B'stard

At a leonard cohen gig, kinda punk ass, buncha old white people :lol:

Yep! When I saw the man in 2010 I was probably the youngest person there, lots of old people all sitting there reminiscing the good old days, probably wishing they were back in the 70s smoking a joint and having lots of casual sex. :lol:

I walked out after 5 songs, that was fuckin lame..

Guest Len B'stard

WTF??? I dont believe it! The man was amazing when i saw him. Bummer Lenny! :(

Thing is i banged out a bottle of vodka before i got there, having never been to a seated gig (cept Noel Gallagher but i was up front and ended up standing anyway) and i'm 22 rows back in Wembley Arena, watching this little dot 50 miles away, with a bunch of old leather-faced mummys staring at nothing...remembered why i loved punk so much, cuz it's hands on, small places, eyeball to eyeball, a sea of writhing bodies floating over and through and around each other, this was a load of fuckin' bullshit, i'm too young for that shit...or too drunk...was a waste of fuckin' time, i don't pay money to sit down and watch some shit like i'm at the movies, clapping politely, fuck that. I dunno what i was expecting, the guy is in his mid 70s but still, fuck, i ain't that fuckin' knackered yet to be going through that shit :lol:

Honestly? Was a bunch of fuckin' bullshit, either that or my traditional gig routine of slingin' half a bottle vodka beforehand was perhaps badly timed in this instance.

Edited by sugaraylen

Thing is i banged out a bottle of vodka before i got there, having never been to a seated gig (cept Noel Gallagher but i was up front and ended up standing anyway) and i'm 22 rows back in Wembley Arena, watching this little dot 50 miles away, with a bunch of old leather-faced mummys staring at nothing...remembered why i loved punk so much, cuz it's hands on, small places, eyeball to eyeball, a sea of writhing bodies floating over and through and around each other, this was a load of fuckin' bullshit, i'm too young for that shit...or too drunk...was a waste of fuckin' time, i don't pay money to sit down and watch some shit like i'm at the movies, clapping politely, fuck that. I dunno what i was expecting, the guy is in his mid 70s but still, fuck, i ain't that fuckin' knackered yet to be going through that shit :lol:

Honestly? Was a bunch of fuckin' bullshit, either that or my traditional gig routine of slingin' half a bottle vodka beforehand was perhaps badly timed in this instance.

You would hate the Symphony then which is too bad as a good classical symphony is amazing.....then again I hated it too when I was your age but got into it as I got older and realized how incredible a symphony orchestra sounds.....

Guest Len B'stard

You would hate the Symphony then which is too bad as a good classical symphony is amazing.....then again I hated it too when I was your age but got into it as I got older and realized how incredible a symphony orchestra sounds.....

I think i was just too immature and/or pissed for that shit..

Shit man I give you credit for going at all..when I was your age there was not enough Vodka or spliff in the world that would have got me to go see Leonard Cohen..the only thing that might have swayed me back then would have been if I was taking some fine trim who wanted to go hoping I would get some later that night as a reward and even then I would have had to smoke a fatty before hand.... :lol:

Guest Len B'stard

Shit man I give you credit for going at all..when I was your age there was not enough Vodka or spliff in the world that would have got me to go see Leonard Cohen..the only thing that might have swayed me back then would have been if I was taking some fine trim who wanted to go hoping I would get some later that night as a reward and even then I would have had to smoke a fatty before hand.... :lol:

Thanks man, i actually feel a little less of a wanker for having read that :lol: