[OFFICIAL] GNR to play at 2012's Bridge School Benefit

ChristianGNR

The show will be streamed and also recorded. Don't know how many songs from each band are released on the cd. The two headliners are the ones who play for a hour. Jack White n GNR. Plus everyone plays a song together at the end. Tickets are pretty hard to get. The Venue is right next to the Google Campus. Acoustic Guns n Roses will be epic.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seeing as the set may be as short as 30 minutes, I wouldn't expect November Rain. Maybe this is a sensible setlist?

1. Welcome To The Jungle

2. Better

3. You Ain't The First

4. Sailing

5. Sweet Child O' Mine

6. Street Of Dreams

7. Knockin' On Heaven's Door

8. Civil War

9. Patience

10. Paradise City

It's a kids' show - I'd expect softer numbers.

Something like:

Sweet Child O' Mine

Catcher in the Rye

Knockin' On Heaven's Door

Patience

Paradise City

I know. I kept that in mind when putting that set together, but I'd still expect a couple of the rawer songs stripped down. I do think this'd be the perfect opportunity to bring back Sailing! ;)

I bet they open with You're Crazy at this one.

I wouldn't count on it. I think Axl would rather play songs that don't have swearing rather than censor the songs that do. To my knowledge, You're Crazy has never been devoid of any "fuck"s other than that one acoustic demo. That being said, if it was brought back without language, I'd like it! :thumbsup:

Wonder why Beta agreed to this?

Wonder why people are still being jerkoffs after mods have warned people to cut the shit in this thread?

Wow. I'm wondering how "management" came upon this offer to donate valuable time...surprised he doesn't do this for a battered woman's shelter too considering....

Seeing as the set may be as short as 30 minutes, I wouldn't expect November Rain. Maybe this is a sensible setlist?

1. Welcome To The Jungle

2. Better

3. You Ain't The First

4. Sailing

5. Sweet Child O' Mine

6. Street Of Dreams

8. Civil War

9. Patience

10. Paradise City

Something like:

Sweet Child O' Mine

Catcher in the Rye

Patience

Paradise City

I know. I kept that in mind when putting that set together, but I'd still expect a couple of the rawer songs stripped down. I do think this'd be the perfect opportunity to bring back Sailing! ;)

I wouldn't count on it. I think Axl would rather play songs that don't have swearing rather than censor the songs that do. To my knowledge, You're Crazy has never been devoid of any "fuck"s other than that one acoustic demo. That being said, if it was brought back without language, I'd like it! :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

Acoustic Madagascar would be perfect

Would be, but I doubt they'll play that. I'm assuming these are abridged setlists? So we'll probably get their standard acoustic offerings. A surprise would be cool, though!

I think it would work quiet well in an acoustic setting, axl could leave the quotes/sampling out and have bumble do a nice acoustic solo in place of, that would be a highlight of the set (if I were attending lol)

1. Welcome To The Jungle

2. Better

3. You Ain't The First

4. Sailing

5. Sweet Child O' Mine

6. Street Of Dreams

8. Civil War

9. Patience

10. Paradise City

Something like:

Sweet Child O' Mine

Catcher in the Rye

Patience

Paradise City

Fair enough, not like I haven't been wrong before! :tongue2: I actually totally forgot about that performance, its a great one!

1. Welcome To The Jungle

2. Better

3. You Ain't The First

4. Sailing

5. Sweet Child O' Mine

6. Street Of Dreams

8. Civil War

9. Patience

10. Paradise City

Something like:

Sweet Child O' Mine

Catcher in the Rye

Patience

Paradise City

Fair enough, not like I haven't been wrong before! :tongue2: I actually totally forgot about that performance, its a great one!

Agreed man, Axl and Slash are so into it.

really cool idea, like it and interested in a possible acoustic set, hmm.

AND, can the couple of idiots in this thread take their attitude to attitude - starting to get tired of 2/3 member polluting the main section to spew their bullshit when we've tried to create sub sections for all.

Thank you.

Thank you for stepping in Subs. :thumbsup:

"Nothing in this world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity." M.L.K.

Not trying to be a dick, just genuinely curious, does Axl seriously not get a dime for doing this? If not, then good for him.

It's a non-profit charity concert so I wouldn't think so.

Don't really understand why it would surprise you, is it because they've played a couple of private events the last couple of years?

Did you know Axl used to throw Halloween parties for children where he paid the travel expenses for the kids and their parents. He visited a children's hospital in London a few years back while on tour. This charity concert seems like a cause he's pasionate about.

Not trying to be a dick, just genuinely curious, does Axl seriously not get a dime for doing this? If not, then good for him.

It's a non-profit charity concert so I wouldn't think so.

Don't really understand why it would surprise you, is it because they've played a couple of private events the last couple of years?

Did you know Axl used to throw Halloween parties for children where he paid the travel expenses for the kids and their parents. He visited a children's hospital in London a few years back while on tour. This charity concert seems like a cause he's pasionate about.

I'm on your side for this one, was just curious is all. Considering some of the low points Axl has done for cash this past year, it seems like such a change of pace. But seriously, good for him. It feels good as a fan that he's warrant himself some praise for the first time in a long time. As much as I give him shit, and disagree with a lot of what he does, I'm still a fan of the man as a muscian, and love rooting for him when he makes solid moves such as this.

Edited by Bobbo