Axl's vocals on Estranged in 2012

Bruno P.

He simply killed it. The perfect combination between rasp and clean imo and that's how he should sing the song from now on.

His voice in 2012 was better than most think. He was great for the most part but (probably) saved his voice on a few songs. I really hope there's a good proshot of their Estranged performance on that show. Or that he keeps singing like that because it's simply awesome, fkn beautiful.

Edited by Bruno Poeys

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Philly? Hardly. First because they were playing at a faster tempo back then and the vocals didn't sound as beautiful. His beautiful vibrato combined with the slower singing improved the vocals a lot, and in Philly he didn't use rasp when signing the highest bit - here he did a beautiful mix of rasp and clean.

Uh, I meant performance. English isn't my first language, stop being an asshole and listen to the fucking thing or shut the fuck up already. And no, this version is actually slower than the 2011 version, so there you go.

And pi2loc, what's wrong?

If English isn't your first language, how can you possibly compare an English singer's vocal performances?

He could be saying "When you're talking to yourself...dead puppies die" and you wouldn't know the difference.

Edited by Freddie Mercury's Ghost

Philly? Hardly. First because they were playing at a faster tempo back then and the vocals didn't sound as beautiful. His beautiful vibrato combined with the slower singing improved the vocals a lot, and in Philly he didn't use rasp when signing the highest bit - here he did a beautiful mix of rasp and clean.

Dude, are you on drugs? I don't want to sound disrespectful but are we watching the same clip? He sounds terrible. :question:

I just liked his voice in Philly better it was Axl's best show since 2010.

Uh, I meant performance. English isn't my first language, stop being an asshole and listen to the fucking thing or shut the fuck up already. And no, this version is actually slower than the 2011 version, so there you go.

His voice cracked.

We had a thread some months ago because someone claimed he was lipsyincing that exact same bit. He simply wants to sing like that, lol. Even if it was a fuck up, there's a whole song where you can focus on complaining and bitching. You don't need to nitpick every word to call a performance bad.

And then you get mad when people call you out about your constant moaning and bitching...

I just liked his voice in Philly better it was Axl's best show since 2010.

Ok, I just mentioned why I like this version performance better.

If English isn't your first language, how can you possibly compare an English singer's vocal performances?

He could be saying "When you're talking to yourself...dead puppies die" and you wouldn't know the difference.

Yes, you're so clever and smart. You know exactly the difference between not being able to understand english at all and english not being one's first language. Are you deliberately being retarded so I can laugh at you or are you that ignorant like that all the time?

Edited by Bruno Poeys

His voice cracked.

We had a thread some months ago because someone claimed he was lipsyincing that exact same bit. He simply wants to sing like that, lol. Even if it was a fuck up, there's a whole song where you can focus on complaining and bitching. You don't need to nitpick every word to call a performance bad.

And then you get mad when people call you out about your constant moaning and bitching...

The whole "He's lip-syncing" argument is bullshit. And sorry, I'm not a vocal coach or whatever, but that sounded like a big crack. There's nothing about "wanting to sing that way", that's a crack. I'm not nitpicking anything, followed to the one I pointed out I have heard 5 to 7 cracks. :shrugs: Are you going to get mad because we don't share the same opinion?

Look who's moaning and bitching now. :lol:

Edited by pi2loc

He simply killed it. The perfect combination between rasp and clean imo and that's how he should sing the song from now on.

His voice in 2012 was better than most think. He was great for the most part but (probably) saved his voice on a few songs. I really hope there's a good proshot of their Estranged performance on that show. Or that he keeps singing like that because it's simply awesome, fkn beautiful.

Not so bad, but nothing important or malicious.

The video quality is good btw

Ronald Blumenthal (aka Coverfoot) has made a career of copying Slash's riffs & solos note for note, but with an inferior tone.

Is there any need for posts like this? What do they achieve?

What is anyone hoping to achieve by posting in this thread (or any other)?

Topic starter said "check out this great video!"

I checked it out and thought it was terrible. Then I commented on what I saw. I don't watch a lot of Bumblefoot videos, so every time I see him, I still have a negative reaction. Sue me.