8. Don't Cry alt - 7,58

9. Breakdown - 7,9

10. Knockin' on Heaven's Door - 9,51

11. So Fine - 9,67

12. Get in the Ring - 10,9

13. Shotgun Blues - 11,51

14. My World - 12,67

14 songs that have so fare made it to the final (from CD, TSI and UYI2):

Ain't It Fun, Better, Black Leather, Civil War, Down on the Farm, Estranged, Hair of the Dog, Human Being, Locomotive, Prostitute, Shackler's Revenge, There Was a Time, Yesterdays, You Could Be Mine

EDIT: to reduce the number of songs for the final round (as 40 is a bit too much) I found a new logic for the cutoff point. Average ranking of a song must be lower than half the album

Example: UYI 2 has 14 songs - song with the average of 7 and above doesn't maket the cut and song with the average of 7 and below does

Edited by the rush

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ROUND 4: USE YOUR ILLUSION I

rank UYI1 songs from best to worst. Since UYI1 has 16 songs, 8 will make the cut, 8 bite the dust

1. November Rain

2. Don't Cry

3. Back Off Bitch

4. Perfect Crime

5. Coma

6. Dust N' Bones

7. Right Next Door to Hell

8. Don't Damn Me

9. Double Talkin Jive

10. The Garden

11. Live and Let Die

12. Dead Horse

13. Bad Apples

14. Garden of Eden

15. Bad Obsession

16. You Ain't the First

Edited by the rush

1. November Rain

2. Coma

3. Bad Obsession

4. Don't Damn Me

5. Dust N' Bones

6. Back Off Bitch

7. Don't Cry

8. The Garden

9. Dead Horse

10. Perfect Crime

what's that captain? there's nothing left in these waters but shit?

11. You Ain't the First

12. Live and Let Die

13. Garden of Eden

14. Right Next Door to Hell

15. Bad Apples

16. Double Talkin' Jive

Edited by bacardimayne

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

1. Bad Obsession

2. Double Talkin' Jive

3. Dust N' Bones

4. Dead Horse

5. Don't Cry

6. Bad Apples

7. The Garden

8. Don't Damn Me

9. Coma

10.November Rain

11. Back Off Bitch

12. Right Next Door To Hell

13. Perfect Crime

14. Garden Of Eden

15. You Ain't The First

16. Live And Let Die

I love every song on that album but Live and Let Die, which is a terrible, terrible song.

1) Don't Cry

2) November Rain

3) Coma

4) Bad Obsession

5) The Garden

6) Dead Horse

7) Dust N' Bones

8) Double Talkin' Jive

9) Live and Let Die

10) Right next door to Hell

11) You Aint the First

12) Perfect Crime

13) Don't Damn Me

14) Bad Apples

15) Back off Bitch

16) Garden of Eden

So do Sympathy for the Devil and Oh My God get a shot at being in the contest or are we just going to forget about them? whistleing%5B1%5D.gif

I was actually planning a surprise for you :)

Since GNR Lies is the album with the least amount of songs, I wanted to include Oh My God and Sympathy for the Devil in the GNR Lies poll making it in effect a 10 song poll where 5 go through to the final round. Is that Ok with you?

1.Coma

2.Dead Horse

3.Don`t Damn Me

4.The Garden

5.November Rain

6.Perfect Crime

7.Back of Bitch

8.Right Next Door to Hell

9.Dust`N`Bones

10.Bad Obsession

11.Don`t Cry

12.Bad Apples

13.Garden of Eden

14.Double Talkin`Jive

15.You ain't the first

16. Live and let Die

1. November Rain

2. Don't Cry

3. Perfect Crime

4. Garden Of Eden

5. Double Talkin' Jive

6. Dust 'N' Bones

7. Coma

8. Don't Damn Me

9. Dead Horse

10. Live And Let Die

11. Bad Obesession

12. Right Next Door To Hell

13. Bad Apples

14. The Garden

15. Back Off Bitch

16. You Ain't The First

Here's how things are after 9 votes:

01. November Rain - 4,22

02. Coma - 4,22

03. Don't Cry - 5,55

04. Don't Damn Me - 5,55

05. Dust N' Bones - 6,88

06. Dead Horse - 7,11

07. Perfect Crime - 7,22

08. Bad Obsession - 8,11

09. The Garden - 8,77

10. Double Talkin' Jive - 9

11. Right Next Door to Hell - 9,55

12. Garden of Eden - 10,77

13. Back Off Bitch - 11,11

14. Bad Apples - 11,22

15. Live and Let Die - 12,55

16. You Ain't the First - 14,1

There are interesting things to be noticed in these polls and one of them is that live staples such as LALD, KOHD, SOD are remarkably low on these lists. Axl should do a survey like ours here and only play the top 25-50% of GNR songs. I guess many more people would be more satisfied with the setlists in that way

Edited by the rush

1.november rain

2.Colma

3.Dead Horse

4.Don't Damn Me

5.Don't Cry

6.Dust n Bones

7.bad obsession

8.Right next door

9.Perfect Crime

10.The Garden

11.Garden of eden

12.Double talking jive

13.bad apples

14.live and let die

15.you ain't the first

16.back off bitch

Axl should do a survey like ours here and only play the top 25-50% of GNR songs. I guess many more people would be more satisfied with the setlists in that way

That would be a great idea if our opinions are representative for the majority of concert goers. I am not so certain about that.

But come on, people! Double Talkin' Jive shouldn't be in the bottom half! And what the hell is November Rain doing at the top!?

1. Live and Let Die

2. Dead Horse

3. Don't Cry

4. November Rain

5. Coma

6. Back Off Bitch

7. Garden of Eden

8. Don't Damn Me

9. Perfect Crime

10. Right Next Door to Hell

11. The Garden

12. Double Talkin Jive

13. Bad Obsession

14. Dust N' Bones

15. Bad Apples

16. You Ain't the First

Axl should do a survey like ours here and only play the top 25-50% of GNR songs. I guess many more people would be more satisfied with the setlists in that way

That would be a great idea if our opinions are representative for the majority of concert goers. I am not so certain about that.

But come on, people! Double Talkin' Jive shouldn't be in the bottom half! And what the hell is November Rain doing at the top!?

Yeah, if we could only test the representativenes of our forum to the whole fan population. somebody needs to print 10 000 copies of "our setlist" and 10 000 copies of the actual setlist (in fact it could go with less, or just pay a volunter who would attend a concert and ask say, every tenth person which setlist would they like better

So do Sympathy for the Devil and Oh My God get a shot at being in the contest or are we just going to forget about them? whistleing%5B1%5D.gif

Since GNR Lies is the album with the least amount of songs, I wanted to include Oh My God and Sympathy for the Devil in the GNR Lies poll making it in effect a 10 song poll where 5 go through to the final round. Is that Ok with you?

IMO Oh My God should have been with CD and SFTD should have been with TSI, but it's too late for that now.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Exactly. The casual fans think KOHD is one of their best songs. This I Love is seen as the best song on CD by many of those that has heard the album. You can't go around and think that this forum, with maybe maximum 2% of the people attending the concerts, is representative for the general crowd.

I can only imagine all the morons on this site voting OMG as the best GNR song for example. You saw how well that was received when it was released. Everyone hated it.

IMO Oh My God should have been with CD and SFTD should have been with TSI, but it's too late for that now.

Yeah it is. That happened because I didn't plan this ahead so I think of things along the way and I only realised that I forgot about SFTD and OMG a day before your post

I'm not even sure how the final round will go because I think it's a bit too much to rank 40 songs at once. Any ideas? I was thinking of sorting them alphabetically into 3 or 4 groups

Edited by the rush

I'm not even sure how the final round will go because I think it's a bit too much to rank 40 songs at once. Any ideas? I was thinking of sorting them alphabetically into 3 or 4 groups

Either that or just decide on another cut-off and maybe let only 3-4 songs form each record go to the finale so we end up with 15-20 songs.