LED ZEPPELIN

ZoSoRose

Incredible, chances are they'll show it where I live too, will be the second time I'll go see a movie because of Mr. Page (first was It Might Get Loud)

Kind of off topic, but what did you think of It Might Get Loud? I was incredibly disappointed with it.

Anyways, I heard on my local radio this morning that it's showing where I live too. It'll be nice to see this on the big screen!

I thought Edge was out of his league, but I think the best part of it was where they all came from and how they go to became good at what they did, and sharing those stories was cool. Jimmy Page's session work is a huge key into why Led Zep was putting great albums out from the beginning, and was able to do it with what little he had available to him. Black Sabbath and Led Zep's debuts came together rapidly, but the production on LZ I is way better.

Edge using the guitar more for the sounds than his playing ability was what came out. Edge building a guitar from scrap parts - that's pretty awesome, and Jack doing the one string guitar in the cow field was kind of amusing. Page going back to Headley Grange was cool to see. There's some connections between the three - all innovative guys but when they did "In My Time of Dying", it was JW vs JP and Edge just had to step aside.

In a way, they all had to make do with little they had starting out. Even if Page had money, he was called Led Wallet for a reason. It prob. also disciplined the band in the studio to not waste time and money on those first 5 albums. I'm sure Page can name you how much he spent recording all the Led Zep albums even now, a question I've never seen in Guitar Player or anywhere else.