DJ Ashba Announces Guns N' Roses Residency

Saphyra

Different strokes for different folks I guess. I'll take Dj's promotional efforts (chessey and self-serving as they can be at times) over talking jibberish through sock puppets (Bucket), watching TV in the closet and a general all-around vibe of "I'd rather be in NIN" (Robin) and Uncle Axl's "can't be bothered" approach. As far as the playing goes- he's NOT that bad IMHO- just a slightly more generic/safer to date. I've also seen him more or less own the crowd on two separate occasions in Orlando- which was heck of a lot better than watching Finck get booed/ignored most of the show back in the day (and I'm a Finck guy playing-wise- so that definitely gutted me a bit).

I'm not meaning to specifically single you out, but I have notice multiple people here bring up Robin watching television in a closet as a defense against bashing on Robin. I can understand hating his weird look or his sometimes stragne solos, but what bearing does Robin's television watching habits have on his time in Guns N' Roses?

Different strokes for different folks I guess. I'll take Dj's promotional efforts (chessey and self-serving as they can be at times) over talking jibberish through sock puppets (Bucket), watching TV in the closet and a general all-around vibe of "I'd rather be in NIN" (Robin) and Uncle Axl's "can't be bothered" approach. As far as the playing goes- he's NOT that bad IMHO- just a slightly more generic/safer to date. I've also seen him more or less own the crowd on two separate occasions in Orlando- which was heck of a lot better than watching Finck get booed/ignored most of the show back in the day (and I'm a Finck guy playing-wise- so that definitely gutted me a bit).

I'm not meaning to specifically single you out, but I have notice multiple people here bring up Robin watching television in a closet as a defense against bashing on Robin. I can understand hating his weird look or his sometimes stragne solos, but what bearing does Robin's television watching habits have on his time in Guns N' Roses?

He'd rater watch TV than promote GNR?

No worries man. Actually- you have a point. Slightly weird thing to do- but not really a reason to attack the guy. I'm actually a BIG Robin fan and appreciate his "uniqueness" as a player and visually/appearance-wise, etc. His TIL solo is my favorite GN'R guitar recording- bar none. My only real issue with Robin is that he never really struck me as being all that pumped about being in GN'R and that his attention/focus was much more on NIN. That was certainly his right and perhaps understandable given all the delays and "fans" yelling "Where's Slash?!?!" at him live, etc. though...

Anyway- really just trying to say I appreciate Dj's willingness to discuss the band and promote as opposed to hole himself up at home and do nothing or only think about Sixx: AM or whatever...

Edited by AXL_N_DIZZY

Tough to get excited for this joke of a band... Call me when they release a new album

Have a glass of bleach and I'll let ya know.

haha i will. And while I'm at it, I'll mix some vodka with it and listen to the new gnr alb...ohhh wait.

p.s. didn't realize i gave you permission to talk? ahaha

I'm still confused by some of you who still hate this new GNR and rag on anything that has to do with it.

So tell me why you bother to come on here and continue to put down the band and Axl?

I happen to think this GNR is awesome and after seeing Axl and GNR live last year in Dallas, I was very surprised at how well they all performed together.

I'm sure the original band was awesome too, but that was then and this is now.

I think if you can't support Axl and DJ and the other members of GNR, then why waste your time on here?

I know you all have the right to your opinions, but it seems some of you NEVER have anything nice to say about the band and are never happy about anything they do or say.

I'm going to Vegas to see GNR again and I know I will have a damn good time especially since I'm going with my family and we are all fans.

My son just saw Slash and he said seeing Axl was way better.

Slash and his so called new band, played more GNR songs and went on to play a 15 minute solo like he was the only one on stage. My son left half way through the show. My son happens to be a huge slash fan but he was very disappointed seeing him this time around. He said VR was a way better band.

Anyway, my point is, if you don't like or support Axl and GNR, then why bother to waste your time here?

if you don't like people with negative opinions about gnr why don't you go to htgth?

Might be the same reason that people that don't like negative opinions of Slash don't go to the Slash forums. Just a theory. :shrugs:

i agree. slash fans are not so aggressive though. i just think people should be aware that this section is called DISCUSSION and news. people should not expect worshipping by browsing this area.

if you don't like people with negative opinions about gnr why don't you go to htgth?

Might be the same reason that people that don't like negative opinions of Slash don't go to the Slash forums. Just a theory. :shrugs:

i agree. slash fans are not so aggressive though. i just think people should be aware that this section is called DISCUSSION and news. people should not expect worshipping by browsing this area.

I agree with that. I think the extreme bashing of any member, past or present, should be kept to Attitude though. Even though I've been guilty of straying out of that section myself, I try to stay there.

Civil discussion should be allowed here even if someone is not a fan of the current band, imo.

I'm still confused by some of you who still hate this new GNR and rag on anything that has to do with it.

So tell me why you bother to come on here and continue to put down the band and Axl?

I happen to think this GNR is awesome and after seeing Axl and GNR live last year in Dallas, I was very surprised at how well they all performed together.

I think if you can't support Axl and DJ and the other members of GNR, then why waste your time on here?

I know you all have the right to your opinions, but it seems some of you NEVER have anything nice to say about the band and are never happy about anything they do or say.

I'm going to Vegas to see GNR again and I know I will have a damn good time especially since I'm going with my family and we are all fans.

Slash and his so called new band, played more GNR songs and went on to play a 15 minute solo like he was the only one on stage. My son left half way through the show. My son happens to be a huge slash fan but he was very disappointed seeing him this time around. He said VR was a way better band.

Anyway, my point is, if you don't like or support Axl and GNR, then why bother to waste your time here?

Good question.

Still don't understand the ashba hate.

I can answer this for you. Because in addition to thinking they are entitled to what they want from others like the rest of the hispter country, this is the only place where they can be heard. Cause like you and me, the rest of the world thinks they are a bunch of whiny cunts. So they come here, cause misery loves company. Most of the bitching here is cause they can't go to Vegas. :rofl-lol: I would bet my mortgage payment that just about every one of them would go if they could get a handout. It is the society we live in now. People hate rich people in the US, and it disgusts them that Axl is doing what he wants without giving them what they want, and making a lot of money doing it. It is whats called having a career, and the whiners call making money "cash grabbing" as if there is something wrong with this. It is the Perfect Storm of hell for the liberal hipsters of this country. Could not write a worse script for them. Occupy MYGNR!

That is why they are much bigger worldwide, cause they arent spoiled bitches like here.

I will be there on the seventh, and have no problem with Uncle Axl taking 100 bucks of mine, cause, well he can do whatever the fuck he wants. I am not jealous of others successes, and dont expect others to run their careers for me. But there are a lot of people in this country who do expect it and that is some sad shit right there.

Edited by Ruxin

you guys are delusional. you can't accept the fact that not everybody likes the way gnr is being managed. why so butthurt? if you guys were actually old enough to know what the name guns n' roses represents you wouldn't be that happy too. but you probably became a fan with GH, can't expect much from you.

you guys are delusional. you can't accept the fact that not everybody likes the way gnr is being managed. why so butthurt? if you guys were actually old enough to know what the name guns n' roses represents you wouldn't be that happy too. but you probably became a fan with GH, can't expect much from you.

you can't accept the fact that not everybody likes the way gnr is being managed.

...actually what you cant accept it is none of your business. I get the whole "Rock Rules" thing when you are 20, but he is fucking 50, get the fuck over it my God.

but you probably became a fan with GH, can't expect much from you.

When Appetite for Destruction came out, I was in my second year in college. I was there for the whole thing, lived in the bay area, saw them in every lineup, and with Metallica. The thing is, some of us just realize that at some point people move on man. It has been over 20 years. I stand by my original statement, this country loves to feel like they are owed something, and are insanely jealous of successful or self actualized people. If you are as old as you say, then shame on you even more, cause you should know better. At least the young have an excuse for expecting things and being spoiled. You must be one of the ones who is along for the entitlement ride.

How else would you, as a grown ass man, expect someone to live their own life, and make their own career choices for you? Axl has earned every penny he gets, and has earned th right to live his life like HE wants, not like you think he should. If you don't like it, then fill out your TS card. People who make their own mark in this world dont expect others to make it for them. You obviously feel the need to be taken care of and stroked. Good luck with that. :thumbsup:

Edited by Ruxin

You complain about people being negative.....while the tone of your message is totally negative.

What is the point of insulting Slash in a GnR forum? You do know he hasn't been in the band for over 15 years, right? Insulting Slash doesn't make you a better Axl fan.

And you and your son are mad and dissapointed that he went to a show put on by a GUITAR player and that guitarist did a solo? Seriously?

You do realize that the majority of people that attend a Slash show are hoping to hear him tear it up on stage, right? Does your son get mad if he goes to see Sebastian Bach and Bach sings every song? Not trying to be rude, but I've never heard somebody leave a guitar players concert because there was too much guitar playing!!!

Tell your boy to never go see a Santana or Satrianni show.

Your initial point is relevant.

Most of the "haters" are people who loved the original band, and they are annoyed with what Axl is doing now with the replacement players.

It is just as weird to come to a GnR forum and obsess about or bad mouth Slash, who hasn't been in the band for over 15 years. So maybe along with your question, you might ponder what your motives are for coming here to badmouth ex band members.

This is a free country and an open forum. People are welcome to post all opinions, even ones you disagree with. Htgth is a band run fan site where only positive comments about the band are allowed. Mygnr allows people to speak their minds. You just have to decide which type of people you want to chat with.

I agree with that. I think the extreme bashing of any member, past or present, should be kept to Attitude though. Even though I've been guilty of straying out of that section myself, I try to stay there.

Civil discussion should be allowed here even if someone is not a fan of the current band, imo.

Well played.

And thank you.

I have strayed into doing that myself and it just makes everybody involved look immature.

Feel free to call me out if you notice me going off topic and insulting people in this section.

Great post.