The Richest Lead Singers in the World

Snowmass

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More than Bon Jovi, Steven Tyler, Robert Plant, Ozzy, Billy Joe Armstrong, Getty Lee, Bob Dylan, and David Lee Roth? Those guys have all (for the most part) stayed together with their band and have been releasing successful records the past few years. All Axl has done is released one album and done touring off and on. If Axl is that set money wise, then no wonder why he's too lazy to release another album.

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

Is this of all time? How is it measured?

Is it a case of who makes the most when they tour? or a combination of album sales etc?

(I didn't read the entire article so I'm probably asking a stupid question! )

Edited by Sleeping Like An Angel

I don't think that's accurate. No way Jon Bon Jovi is only #19.

Guy is famous for 3 hair metal songs. I was surprised at how high on the list he was.

You're kidding, right?

On the last 10 years they grossed more than a billion dollars, they've had their more sucesful tours on the last decade, not on the 80's.

Even their best albums ain't from the hair metal era.

And Jon also owns the football team Philadelphia Soul, and I read somewhere a few weeks ago that he was one of the first american musicians to break the billion dollar barrier.

Edited by ManetsBR

I don't think that's accurate. No way Jon Bon Jovi is only #19.

Guy is famous for 3 hair metal songs. I was surprised at how high on the list he was.

You're kidding, right?

On the last 10 years they grossed more than a billion dollars, they more sucesful tours happened on the last decade, not on the 80's.

Even their best albums ain't from the hair metal era.

Their highest selling albums are from the 80s. The album they put out in 1992 sold less than Chinese Democracy.

Point is, it's not ridiculous at all to put him at 19. Sure, their tour grossed a billion (I find that hard to believe), but you have to factor in that that's over 10 years, split between everyone in the band plus management and promoters and whatnot. He also doesn't make nearly as much from royalties as Axl for example makes from AFD. 125 mil for JBJ isn't ridiculous at all. In fact it sounds just about right.

EDIT: He owns an MLS team? Fuckin lol.

Edited by bacardimayne

Jon Bon Jovi has been recording and touring (sold out tours) for 25+ years. Axl had the 1987-1993 run.....which makes it amazing that he's so high on the list. Says a lot about Guns' popularity back in the day. Can you say "There Was A Time"?

And out of those 25 years of recording, what do you think the casual person, hell, the casual rock fan can name?

Living on a Prayer, You Give Love a Bad Name, Dead or Alive.

I'm willing to bet that the UYIs were more successful than any Bon Jovi album aside from Slippery When Wet.

Jon Bon Jovi has been recording and touring (sold out tours) for 25+ years. Axl had the 1987-1993 run.....which makes it amazing that he's so high on the list. Says a lot about Guns' popularity back in the day. Can you say "There Was A Time"?

And out of those 25 years of recording, what do you think the casual person, hell, the casual rock fan can name?

I'm willing to bet that the UYIs were more successful than any Bon Jovi album aside from Slippery When Wet.

It's My Life? Misunderstood was quite a hit here, Have A Nice Day too.

You'd be suprised hom many Jovi songs you'd recognize/know. And I don't doubt your UYI point. But Axl didn't do shit for years and now days he doesn't sell out arenas let alone stadiums. Bon Jovi can still sell out a Soldier Field or a Meadow Lands Stadium (NYC) or a Fenway easily. And Bon Jovi has been doing this for years is the point....hence I'm not suprised he's so high. It's amazing how high Axl is (pun?) especially because tix were so relativey cheap back in the day.

We are talking net worth NOT Cash on hand.

Yeah sure Bon Jovi sells out arenas but we have no idea on whether the band spends tons of money on extra stuff while touring. Not picking on Bon Jovi just an example that would apply to anyone on that list including Axl.

We really know nothing about each persons spending habits and what there holdings are.

You are forgetting I'll Be There For You, Blaze of Glory, Bed of Roses, It's My Life, Always, etc. The list goes on and on. Having said that, New Jersey and Cross Road were monumental albums (each record sold over 20 million copies worldwide). That you can't deny.

Edited by IndiannaRose

Point being- Jon has done shit (for 25 yrs). Like record/tour....normal band stuff. Where Axl has changed band (multiple times) sued/been sued left & right, fucked around/wasted years n years. Jon has been his own manager since he canned Doc where Axl has (shockingly) alienated every manager and person from his past.

Point being- Jon has done shit (for 25 yrs). Like record/tour....normal band stuff. Where Axl has changed band (multiple times) sued/been sued left & right, fucked around/wasted years n years. Jon has been his own manager since he canned Doc where Axl has (shockingly) alienated every manager and person from his past.

Bon Jovi made 200 million dollars and did 80 concerts in 2010.