Alter Bridge

bacardimayne

the weak point is Myles on this album, just like on Slash's albums

I think his vocals really suit this kind of music and he has some amazing vocals through Fortress. I think it's about personal taste, he just sounds out of place with Slash and you can tell he's much more inspired here and his guitar playing is awesome as well.

i listened to the new record yesterday. not real keen on this type of music generally, the whole alternative metal thing isn't necessarily to my taste, but i do like this band a lot more than some of their peers, they seem to transcend the label a bit. i think myles' voice works pretty well for their sound, and i'll have to give it another spin, but i thought it was a pretty good record.

I love this album they really improved in every aspect - songs are more diverse and complicated and are not overstuffed with forced huge choruses, solos are better and rythm section is on fire.

Loving almost every song and Myles is awesome in Alter Bridge.

Fortress has been out in Australia since last week, and I love it.

It's probably their heaviest album to date, the riffing and soloing is really stepped up a level. Myles vocals are pretty damn good too, and the production is huge as always.

It's mixed very well to my ears and sounds good cranked up on my car stereo!

Favourites so far are Cry of Achilles, Bleed It Dry, The Uninvited, and Calm The Fire, but the whole album is really strong.

There is a free disc in this month's Classic Rock Magazine which is basically, an Alter Bridge greatest hits; well most of the hits are live and it also features two-three songs from the new album. I had never heard them before but judging from that, they seem pretty decent. I am however one of the few who likes Myles's voice (in relation to Slash)!

• Like 1

There is a free disc in this month's Classic Rock Magazine which is basically, an Alter Bridge greatest hits; well most of the hits are live and it also features two-three songs from the new album. I had never heard them before but judging from that, they seem pretty decent. I am however one of the few who likes Myles's voice (in relation to Slash)!

I think Myles is better suited to Alter Bridge vocally, as his voice seems to blend better with Mark Tremonti's as well as the music, but he's great with Slash too

That funny thing because I totally love Myles voice in Alter Bridge it suits AB music and Tremonti guitar playing and I hate Myles singing with Slash (apart from couple of songs) because it feels boring and uninspired. DieselDaisy is there a chance for you to write what songs are on that free disk and which one are live as I'm thinking about buying this Classic Rock if the collection is good enough !

Only one from Fortress actually - I got that wrong. Here are the tracks:

1. Addicted to Pain (from Fortress)

2. One Day Remains (Live from Amsterdam)

3. Find the Real (Live at Wembley)

4. All Hope is Gone (ABIII)

5. Blackbird (Live At Wembley)

6. Ghost of Days Gone By (ABIII)

7. Rise Today (Live from Amsterdam)

8. Ties That Bind (Live from Amsterdam)

9. Slip to the Void (AB III).

10. Watch Over You (Wembley)

11. I know It Hurts (AB III)

12. Open Your Eyes (Amsterdam)

Only one from Fortress actually - I got that wrong. Here are the tracks:

1. Addicted to Pain (from Fortress)

2. One Day Remains (Live from Amsterdam)

3. Find the Real (Live at Wembley)

4. All Hope is Gone (ABIII)

5. Blackbird (Live At Wembley)

6. Ghost of Days Gone By (ABIII)

7. Rise Today (Live from Amsterdam)

8. Ties That Bind (Live from Amsterdam)

9. Slip to the Void (AB III).

10. Watch Over You (Wembley)

11. I know It Hurts (AB III)

12. Open Your Eyes (Amsterdam)

That's a killer list. the Live from Amsterdam dvd is well worth getting.

• 2 weeks later...

I must say the new album grows on me with every listen, and as previously mentioned Fortres and Cry of Achilles really stand out as tracks, although they both don't top Blackbird (the song)

Have to agree generally - it's a good listen on the whole, but doesn't jump out at me like some songs from other albums have. Will give it time!

Didn't catch them on the most recent tour either - was so disappointed by them when they recorded the live DVD at Wembley I felt I needed a break from seeing them!

• 6 months later...

saw these guys last night at the best buy theatre in NYC and they were fucking great! 5 - 10 feet from the rail - great live band

It was a great show! I was on the rail right in front of Myles' side stage mic. Saw them 3 times this week and loved every minute of every show!

Edited by uctalum01
  • Like 1

saw these guys last night at the best buy theatre in NYC and they were fucking great! 5 - 10 feet from the rail - great live band

It was a great show! I was on the rail right in front of Myles' side stage mic. Saw them 3 times this week and loved every minute of every show!

I was on the right side in front of tremonti closer to the wing -- the chicks next to me came down from canada for the show - 3x's this week is a sick amount of travel! sick fucking performance though!

I was on the right side in front of tremonti closer to the wing -- the chicks next to me came down from canada for the show - 3x's this week is a sick amount of travel! sick fucking performance though!

yeah. it was a lot of travel. especially with Monday night being in Baltimore and Tuesday night being in Boston, but as far as I'm concerned, AB is SOOOOO worth it! been a fan of them since just a couple of months afteir their debut album came out in 2004. I've seen them enough times that they recognize me now. lol. such an amazing band and I'm more than happy to go see them whenever htey're in the area. great group of musicians and a great group of guys.

• Like 1

ab_zps648be4b0.jpg?t=1399138579

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nGeylCqJLQ

Cool little radio station gig I attended a few years back. I wish I could find the full show including the Q&A. When the host asked Myles about recording a new album with Slash (which turned out to be AL),I was the only person who clapped and yelled out "YEAH SLASH!" The video I posted is Rise Today from that show. Later that night I saw them play a full electric set at The Town Ballroom in Buffalo,NY.

Edited by xGNRxSTARx