"Better" music video leak discussion - DISCUSSION ONLY

ceres

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is rather lame. It looks obvious that they want to market the tour more than the actual music in that video. Some reasons for the marketing are understandable and others are pathetic. Instead of using the video to promote the live experience, actually say something with the video. If the music is good, they'll show up to see you.

It just looks like another promotion for the cash grabbing.

I'm not giving anyone a free pass idiot,I'm sending/reporting all this activity.

Did you see the video?

No,i did not download the leak.

Me neither. Yet. How much damage do you think an old video that will never be released can do?

Loaded Question,I take a dim view on illegal,not officially released material,if that makes me a dick,so be it.

Been called worse by better.

If Better wasn't in my bottom 5 on the album, I'd probably be a lot more excited. It would be nice if Axl wasn't a hoarder though. :shrugs:

If you create something,it is yours,to hoard or share as you see fit.

what is your top 5??

Edited by sailaway

Anyone posting this link publicly will be instantly banned from the forum.

I'm on my phone currently but will investigate further tonight. Discussions are fine but anyone seen to be advertising leaked material in this thread, privately to other members, will also be banned.

I can't have the forums security breached with potential leaked material that has not been officially released.

Thank you Subs :thumbsup:

Good Man !!

An honest question........

How come you are bashing some people for watching/sharing the video........but not others? Is it OK for the people you think are "real" GnR fans to watch the video?

Not trying to start an argument, and there are no insults in my post. I'm just curious why you aren't applying your standard that nobody should watch/share unreleased material to ALL the posters on the forum. You seem to be giving your friends a free pass?

And like I said. I've actually complimented you on this issue. You have way more will power than most of us do.

I'm not giving anyone a free pass idiot,I'm sending/reporting all this activity.

This is the Discussion and News section. Please save the insults for the Attitude section. You don't have to insult people to get your point across.

There have been at least two people that are part of your "group" that have posted that they watched the leak. You have bashed or called out several people in this thread for doing the same thing. I was just curious why you are insulting some people, but not others? Seems a little hypocritical of you.

It is rather lame. It looks obvious that they want to market the tour more than the actual music in that video. Some reasons for the marketing are understandable and others are pathetic. Instead of using the video to promote the live experience, actually say something with the video. If the music is good, they'll show up to see you.

It just looks like another promotion for the cash grabbing.

Selling tickets to gigs isn't cash grabbing,it is making an honest living.

Nobody is forcing anyone to buy tickets :drool:

Just goes to show how starved we are for anything new. Its actually pretty sad that a "supposed leak" for a song thats over 4 years old (or even older when you consider when the 1st leaks were heard) is generating 12 pages of thread. The song is good, but it wasnt that well received 4 years ago, who besides us die hards are really going to care?

Did you see the video?

No,i did not download the leak.

Me neither. Yet. How much damage do you think an old video that will never be released can do?

Loaded Question,I take a dim view on illegal,not officially released material,if that makes me a dick,so be it.

Been called worse by better.

If Better wasn't in my bottom 5 on the album, I'd probably be a lot more excited. It would be nice if Axl wasn't a hoarder though. :shrugs:

If you create something,it is yours,to hoard or share as you see fit.

what is your top 5??

True, but it sucks as a fan.

In no particular order, my top 5 are TWAT, Sorry, Catcher, Shackler's and TIL.

What are yours?

Well after all these years, it looks like we were indeed not even missing much of anything. Just a couple backstage clips of them hanging out, and clips from the 2006 tour. Exactly what I thought it'd be. Anybody that thought this video would've been a drastic game changer in the grand scheme of things are clearly delusional.

But I have to wonder why Axl didn't just release it back in '08. It can't just be because of Robin, since Bucket was long gone by then too, and he was still included in the video. Same with Brain. :shrugs:

Edited by Bobbo

Has anyone checked the other files? What are they?

nothing really just video snippets from the actual video

Ah ok thanks. This is strange yet interesting, I wonder how this came about?

their is a video of baz and lars i guess. i havent seen it the files are taking forever to download but someone said it was funny

Just goes to show how starved we are for anything new. Its actually pretty sad that a "supposed leak" for a song thats over 4 years old (or even older when you consider when the 1st leaks were heard) is generating 12 pages of thread. The song is good, but it wasnt that well received 4 years ago, who besides us die hards are really going to care?

Isnt that the million dollar question?

If the band put forth some effort - videos, talking to the fans, new music......they could be huge again!!!

I still think that CD had several songs that would have been huge hits if the band had wanted to put in the effort.

People could also search for it on youtube, it might be on there.

search for (something like) ''Guns N' Roses Better Official Music Video'' maybe it's on page 1 (or maybe on the next pages... or maybe click ''Filter'' and Sort on Date of Upload)

who knows? it might be there

This IS actually very good tip! Do it guys it's already uploaded there...