Axl & Ashba vs. Slash & Myles Kennedy

ChristmasFnatic

122 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My son just saw Slash and his so called new band on Saturday night.

He also saw Axl and GNR last November and he said that no one beats Axl singing GNR songs.

Myles actually didn't sing You're Crazy, the bass player did and he sang the original fast version.

Slash went on a 15 minute solo that felt like it lasted forever and did a bunch of slow songs. My son left early.

My question is: Since Slash just released a new cd, with Myles, why didn't he perform songs off the cd instead of Night Train, Mr. Brownstone, etc.

I know Slash has the rights to the songs too, but no way can ANYONE sing GNR songs like Axl Rose.

Also, I don't know what some of you are talking about when you say Axl can't sing. He sang very well last November in Dallas, Texas.

Maybe he has some off days, alot of singers do.

Whatever, all I know is I'm going to Vegas this November to see Axl and GNR. Anyone else is just filler.

Axl and Ashba every day of the week.

Not even close.

+1

Should never be compared.

Should be Slash( Myles vs Fergie ) and move the thread to where it should be.

I'll vote Slash/Fergie by miles......

:)

I guess I feel like DJ is just a little off with Axl and Myles is a little off with Slash.

But Axl is so powerful, so Axl and DJ.

Eesh, just had a flash of a Myles and DJ combo. Way off.

Don't give me nightmares Orsys.

:)

He also saw Axl and GNR last November and he said that no one beats Axl singing GNR songs.

Myles actually didn't sing You're Crazy, the bass player did and he sang the original fast version.

Slash went on a 15 minute solo that felt like it lasted forever and did a bunch of slow songs. My son left early.

My question is: Since Slash just released a new cd, with Myles, why didn't he perform songs off the cd instead of Night Train, Mr. Brownstone, etc.

I know Slash has the rights to the songs too, but no way can ANYONE sing GNR songs like Axl Rose.

Also, I don't know what some of you are talking about when you say Axl can't sing. He sang very well last November in Dallas, Texas.

Whatever, all I know is I'm going to Vegas this November to see Axl and GNR. Anyone else is just filler.

Your son went to a guitar player's concert and was mad that a guitar solo broke out??? And he thinks that Axl sings GnR songs better than anybody else.

And you both were upset that Slash played a few of the classic songs that he helped write?

Just so I'm clear.

In your opinion.....Slash, a guitar player, should not have a featured guitar solo or jam at a Slash concert.......and, Slash, shouldn't be allowed to perform songs that he wrote.............BUT it is OK for Axl shows to have 3 guitar solos, a keyboard solo, and several jams.....and for Axl to perform songs that he helped create.....and for Axl to dip into the back catalog and not just play CD songs?

I have to be missing something.

Edited by Groghan

[quote name=k12' timestamp='134

7590712' post='3210045]

I hate Myles Kennedys voice, but I will take Slash and Kennedy over Axl and DJ

Mainly because Axl did not go to the hall of fame

I will never see Axl and the New Guns N Roses again because of it

Save the Drama for ur Mama,the HOF isn't even fair nor near as important as people want you to think it is,but suit yourself :rolleyes:

[quote name=k12' timestamp='134

7590712' post='3210045]

Save the Drama for ur Mama,the HOF isn't even fair nor near as important as people want you to think it is,but suit yourself :rolleyes:

Amen.

Wherever Jarmo is, I pray he's crying.

And? Nobody cares about what your son thinks, it's his opinion. I went to an Axl's band show in July this year and he was awfully bad compared to a show I saw in 2010, also I saw a lot of people leaving early due to the boring solos from the current guitarists. That doesn't make my opinion any more important than others. See how it works? ;)

Since the last record was released Slash has been adding new songs and excluding songs from VR, Snakepit and Gn'R. Nobody expects Myles or anyone to sing like Axl because nobody - including Axl - can sing the way he did in the 90s. It's a Slash show, we go to see Slash play, not Myles sing IMHO. Slash has the right to play whatever he wants and it's not going to change any time soon.

We know singers have off days but Axl sounding bad since 2011 when he had an awesome vocal range in late 2010 make things harder for everyone who is not clearly biased. :rolleyes:

Axl had a reason for not going. You can't agree but you should respect that decision.

Fact is that Myles is a great talented singer that does a good job on most GnR songs, especially SCOM. That being said he's got virtually no charisma for a frontman and that's probably the reason to why Slash chose him - not to be in any way outstaged by him. After all it's Slash's band and show and just like Axl he likes to control everything. He just can't call it GnR or he'd probably would too. :tongue2:

Still seeing Myles performing at the RNRHOF with Slash & Duff (never mind Adler or Matt) is more "GnR" to me than Axl's band... :confused:

Nothing. Nothing can ever be as bad as Myles singing GnR (except for some songs, in which he's ok)

This.

I hope I never get to hear Myles sing GN'R live. I would pay to not have to endure that. Even the youtube vids make me nauseous.

And this!

Should have done Axl and Bumblefoot.

DJ is the only reason I considered voting Slash and Myles. :lol: But I would never, ever vote on Myles. His whiny voice sounds like a dying cat actually getting killed in an horrible way. Cringeworth.

Nothing. Nothing can ever be as bad as Myles singing GnR (except for some songs, in which he's ok)

This.

I hope I never get to hear Myles sing GN'R live. I would pay to not have to endure that. Even the youtube vids make me nauseous.

And this!

Should have done Axl and Bumblefoot.

DJ is the only reason I considered voting Slash and Myles. :lol: But I would never, ever vote on Myles. His whiny voice sounds like a dying cat actually getting killed in an horrible way. Cringeworth.

Mylie sounds like a cat being.tortured with pliers,absolutely no charisma/stage presence either.

Axl had a reason for not going. You can't agree but you should respect that decision.

Impressive:)

Edited by sailaway

"But I would never, ever vote on Myles. His whiny voice sounds like a dying cat actually getting killed in an horrible way. Cringeworth"

Actually I think Myles singing tone is quite similar to Axl's Infamous mickey mouse voice. :confused:

A term invented by either old GNR fanboys and used by the same or just flat out assholes. It has no factual basis. The guy always sang high pitched. It's what he's known for. Next...