What direction do you want them to take?

OJones90

Ooooh!...let's see!

I want songs about drinking cheap wine, aaaaand songs about living on the dangerous streets, aaaaand I want Axl to fuck a whore on the studio floor and make a song about it.

They need to explore the whole streetscene gutter-rat angle, take things in new directions, expand, grow, challenge themselves artistically.

You are SO funny. :sleeper:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gnr is a rock band. They need to keep doing rock. Be it industrial or regular, thats who they are. If they do a pop record, then they're no longer guns n roses. Seriously though, if Axl starts doing pop, he is going to look like an idiot. A 50 year old man doing pop music just doesnt work. Look at the guy who auditioned on Xfactor singing that candy girl song he wrote, that didn't go over too well.

Ooooh!...let's see!

I want songs about drinking cheap wine, aaaaand songs about living on the dangerous streets, aaaaand I want Axl to fuck a whore on the studio floor and make a song about it.

They need to explore the whole streetscene gutter-rat angle, take things in new directions, expand, grow, challenge themselves artistically.

You are SO funny. :sleeper:

Oh hey, there is a slogan for your next profile page blitz! :sleeper:

Ooooh!...let's see!

I know you are being sarcastic or funny - but you make an excellent point.

Some of the people who give Axl a pass for not putting out music (one album of original material in the past 20 years) always say that for Axl it is about the "art".........I'm a fan of Axl the rock n roll singer, not so much of him and his "art."

I agree with Username from up above. I'd love for Axl to give us a rock n roll album, that isn't full of songs that have been tweaked on for 10 years, with 38 layers of different instruments and computer tricks and gadgets.

I love CD. But "raw energy" is not an description that has ever been used by anybody to describe it.

I still think Nightrain is the best pure rock n roll song GnR ever did. Has the big chorus, guitar solos, great groove, Axl screaming.........nothing on CD touches that type of intensity or raw emotion.

Not that Axl cares what I think. But in answer to the topic, my suggestion would be "Give us your masterpiece, your "art" album every 20 years. But in the interim, every couple of years spend a couple months in the studio with the band and put out a rock album every 4 years. Don't overthink and over produce the rock albums - just get together, write and record!"

Ooooh!...let's see!

I know you are being sarcastic or funny - but you make an excellent point.

Some of the people who give Axl a pass for not putting out music (one album of original material in the past 20 years) always say that for Axl it is about the "art".........I'm a fan of Axl the rock n roll singer, not so much of him and his "art."

I agree with Username from up above. I'd love for Axl to give us a rock n roll album, that isn't full of songs that have been tweaked on for 10 years, with 38 layers of different instruments and computer tricks and gadgets.

I love CD. But "raw energy" is not an description that has ever been used by anybody to describe it.

I still think Nightrain is the best pure rock n roll song GnR ever did. Has the big chorus, guitar solos, great groove, Axl screaming.........nothing on CD touches that type of intensity or raw emotion.

Not that Axl cares what I think. But in answer to the topic, my suggestion would be "Give us your masterpiece, your "art" album every 20 years. But in the interim, every couple of years spend a couple months in the studio with the band and put out a rock album every 4 years. Don't overthink and over produce the rock albums - just get together, write and record!"

My point was, essentially, he's not 23 and relating to streetrat mentality anymore.

I don't think Axl is about the "art" per say, I just think that's the pissed off AFD fans hurling whatever insults they can at Axl because Chi-Dem isn't AFD redux.

He's not that guy anymore, yeah he's still a pissed off motherfucker and THAT he always will be, but he's not AFD Axl anymore.

I think it's more of a case of Axl being true to himself and making the music that means something to him.

If it doesn't mean something to him first and foremost, than it becomes something false.

If that means old school fans getting pissed off because he didn't rewrite Nightrain for them, then that's a sacrifice he had to make.

It's his voice, his lyrics, his vision..like it or not, the music has to move him first or there's no point to it.

The man has many influences and they started to surface with the Illusions, no big surprise that those influences expanded from there.

Mind you..Chi-Dem is massively overproduced, I think too many fingers ended up in the pie.

I still think he made a great record, maybe not one for the ages, but I'll take it over most of the top 10 shit you can throw at me these days. :shrugs:

I think these guys are capable of some tunes with a bit more edge, I'd like to see that happen, a more stripped down approach.

But I also like Axl's grandiose stuff as well. I have no problem with the ballads and slower, more introspective stuff.

So I guess some sort of balance on a future release would be nice, and bring the production back down to Earth and for god sake stop the vocal multi-tracking. :tongue2:

I've already heard his cheap wine material, I want to see what else he has to offer.