What did slash think about Chinese?

axl8302

Slash review

At first I thought that I would never listen to it until it’s released, but someone handed it to me and I was in my car and I was like, ‘Okay, let’s give it a try.’ So I listened to it: It’s a really good record. It’s very different from what the original Guns N’ Roses sounded like, but it’s a great statement by Axl. Now you understand where he was heading all this time. It’s a record that the original Guns N’ Roses could never possibly make. And at the same time it just shows you how brilliant Axl is. So it was a relief for me to actually hear it.”
Slash has spoken out after hearing the brand new single from Guns N’ Roses.

The former Guns N’ Roses guitarist was played the new track on Boston’s WBCN 104.1 FM and admitted “that sounds cool” followed by saying that “it’s good to hear (Axl Rose’s) voice again, y’know?”

Guns N’ Roses will finally release ‘Chinese Democracy’ on November 24th.

Source

I know he heard some of the demos. He said it was depressing hearing it. That could mean a lot of different things but I think it meant that he is not a part of Guns N' Roses a band that was a huge part of his life anymore and the fact that he is not able to make music with Axl.

Did Slash tell you he was going to leave before it was officially put out there, and what did you tell him, to try to tough it out, or do what he felt was right? I think you would've been one of the few to support whatever he felt he needed to do, and other people would've been thinking about the money he'd be losing.

Marc do you happen to know HOW he got his hands on the final version before it was released, and who would give it to him? Surely Axl didn't want him to hear it, especially before it was out...

I'm sure he listened to the Antiquiet leaks. As most of us had it. I noticed slash's comments were after the leak had occured.

I know he heard some of the demos. He said it was depressing hearing it. That could mean a lot of different things but I think it meant that he is not a part of Guns N' Roses a band that was a huge part of his life anymore and the fact that he is not able to make music with Axl.

Or that it was depressing that this was being released under the name Guns N Roses...

That's much more likely imo...Unless of course he implied to you it was for the reason you speculated above.

You going to Slash show next month in LA?

Did Slash tell you he was going to leave before it was officially put out there, and what did you tell him, to try to tough it out, or do what he felt was right? I think you would've been one of the few to support whatever he felt he needed to do, and other people would've been thinking about the money he'd be losing.

He didn't say anything to me at the time before he quit but when I heard that he did, I thought that they world somehow work it out at some point even if he had put out a few records and New Guns put out a few records. I thought they just needed a break for a few years. I did try to talk to Slash at that time and he said there was no way that he could work with Axl under the terms. I knew that neither side would ever be as big as they were when they were together but neither side wanted to do what the other side wanted so what can you do.

Marc do you happen to know HOW he got his hands on the final version before it was released, and who would give it to him? Surely Axl didn't want him to hear it, especially before it was out...

Someone gave him a copy of the leaks and thats what he was referring to when he said the things that he said. When the record came out Perla got it and was playing in the house so thats how he heard it.

Or that it was depressing that this was being released under the name Guns N Roses...

That's much more likely imo...Unless of course he implied to you it was for the reason you speculated above.

I'm sure there are a lot of reasons he found it depressing. I am going to the gig. I always go to the gigs when they are in Los Angeles. Since he got sober, his playing just gets better so it great to see him healthy and playing so well.

I'm sure there are a lot of reasons he found it depressing. I am going to the gig. I always go to the gigs when they are in Los Angeles. Since he got sober, his playing just gets better so it great to see him healthy and playing so well.

I agree! Think I'll be at the show as well. Should be fun.

I think it is ironic,Slash is sober and Axl seems to be drinking like a fish lately on tour.....well when the tour was going on.

Edited by SweetRose