Velvet Revolver on the final tour

stwlegend

Hey Marc,

Got a signed copy of your book off ebay, with one of the alternate covers, awesome read and pics, thanks!

Had a few questions though about that final Velvet Revolver tour in the spring of 2008, if you know:

How bad was the tension with Scott and the rest of the guys, did you hear anything from the guys on that or have any stories?

Was the tour really that close to ending sooner than expected or with a different singer, (word was Royston Langdon was almost in) as far as you know?

And lastly, I remember listening to a Howard Stern interview with Scott Weiland where he mentioned that all of their wives were involved in the business at the end of the band. What exactly does he mean by that and can you add any insight to that?

Thanks!

There was lots of tension going on between the Scott and the rest of the band. I'm sure they were looking for someone to replace him but as you see it's not so easy to replace the singer 4 years latter and still no singer. I know Perla was involved is a lot of the things that were going on with the band. I don't know about the rest of them.

There was lots of tension going on between the Scott and the rest of the band. I'm sure they were looking for someone to replace him but as you see it's not so easy to replace the singer 4 years latter and still no singer. I know Perla was involved is a lot of the things that were going on with the band. I don't know about the rest of them.

Do you believe Axl when he said he didn't want wives and girlfriends to get their hands on the gnr name and that is why he did what he did? Getting control of the band name I mean. Because it does seem like Perla is quite involved in Slash's post gnr career. Whether that is good or bad thing is very subjective. But I agree with Axl that having all the "women" involved in the band business isn't a good thing.

It's a good point about the wives but I'm sure there would be a way to write up a contract that says that the wives will have nothing to do with the control of the band incase something happens. It really doesn't matter now what's done is done and it can't be changed. Everything happens for a reason and we will never know where things would be if they didn't sign those papers. @ of them may have died by now.

Hey Marc,

Got a signed copy of your book off ebay, with one of the alternate covers, awesome read and pics, thanks!

Had a few questions though about that final Velvet Revolver tour in the spring of 2008, if you know:

How bad was the tension with Scott and the rest of the guys, did you hear anything from the guys on that or have any stories?

Was the tour really that close to ending sooner than expected or with a different singer, (word was Royston Langdon was almost in) as far as you know?

And lastly, I remember listening to a Howard Stern interview with Scott Weiland where he mentioned that all of their wives were involved in the business at the end of the band. What exactly does he mean by that and can you add any insight to that?

Thanks!

I remember buying tickets to see VR play in my home town of Brisbane, Australia, around the time they were going through troubled times. They cancelled the tour and I was immensely dissapointed. Then they rebooked it again for about 6months later - got tickets again and then cancelled again ! It was reported that Scott was going through drug/health problems at the time. Such a shame.

Marc - do you think Slash has the desire to ever get this band back up and running ?