TI and P!nk have new song called Guns N' Roses!

Purely Magnetic

I don't understand celebrities who put symbols or punctuation marks in their names.

You mean like Guns N' Roses?

:rofl-lol:

Burn.

ouch

Haha, I'm sorry to JAxlMorrison for the snippy comeback, but it had to be pointed out...

i see your point but completely unrelated. Guns N' Roses is not a person. I am speaking about like P!nk, Ke$ha, etc. It's nonsense and people shouldn't be going along with it.

it just contributes to this insane celebrity worship culture we've got going on now. Common sense should prevail. They are people just like you and I and don't deserve all the special treatment they get. By going along with and stroking their egos in this way, i dunno...it just adds to the problem.

you just keep right on caring, brother. this is an important issue, and i'm glad you're on the case.

on topic... it's nice to see that at least some people are still trying to do something original with the name "Guns N' Roses."

Edited by HisRoyalSweetness

I don't understand celebrities who put symbols or punctuation marks in their names.

Band name is the same as a person's name? :rolleyes:

Plus GNR are actually using punctuation in a logical and efficient way...you might of had a point if it was Gun$ N Ro$e$!

Edited by JayGatz

:rofl-lol:

Burn.

ouch

Haha, I'm sorry to JAxlMorrison for the snippy comeback, but it had to be pointed out...

i see your point but completely unrelated. Guns N' Roses is not a person. I am speaking about like P!nk, Ke$ha, etc. It's nonsense and people shouldn't be going along with it.

it just contributes to this insane celebrity worship culture we've got going on now. Common sense should prevail. They are people just like you and I and don't deserve all the special treatment they get. By going along with and stroking their egos in this way, i dunno...it just adds to the problem.

So people worship Pink because of the way she spells her name?

You do realize that pink isn't her real name, right? And that Axl Rose wasn't the name he was born with? Slash isn't Slash in real life. You are cool with somebody calling themselves Slash or Buckethead or Bumblefoot? People come up with stage names, because they are performers.

I 100% agree that celebrity worship is one of the weirdest (and most pathetic) things out there. As a child I loved Whinnie the Pooh, as a teenager I thought I might actually marry Samantha Fox. But once we reach the age of 16-17 years old, you hope that most people have matured out of the whole celebrity worship thing. To have 50 year old men worshipping a 50 year old singer......friggin CREEPY.

I agree with you on your celebrity worship point. I just don't think the way somebody spells their name or chooses to go by Axl/Slash instead of Bill/Saul has anything to do with it.

On topic, is the song about the current band?

So, it's okay for bands, but not for people? :lol:

Precisely!

well, i for one am pretty happy that the weird small rules you create only apply to your world.

ke$ha rules.

What are you even doing here?

And what has that chick ever done besides sexual favors for a "record" deal. I use the word record very lightly, because she's never done anything close to music, and any ounce of fame she has is due to her willingness to part with her dignity.

Seriously, there is no connection at all between anything GNR has ever done and flash in the pan, no depth, pop "artists" like Kesha. If you think there is, you are a very confused individual.

Band name is the same as a person's name? :rolleyes:

Plus GNR are actually using punctuation in a logical and efficient way...you might of had a point if it was Gun$ N Ro$e$!

I was starting to fear I was the only one who understood this...

This made me smile actually, a lot cheesy and cutesy in the wording but endearing in that I knew exactly what the singer was trying to get across. Guns N' Roses just give bring on such nostalgia for those classic great songs that we all grew up to. Makes me happy to know other people were affected and moved the way I was and am by the songs (and the voice, that's what does it for me anyway). Please don't think though that I believe GNR is a nostalgia act, as I have seen many refer to on here before. I just believe hearing the songs or referring to them in titles or lyrics of songs by other artists evokes that familiar good old days type vibe of my youth, actually preteen days (I'm only 32).

Hopefully a mainstream country artist picks it up an records / releases it in a proper way. That's only the songwriter's demo version.

Okay...some people don't get Ke$ha. She's no Lady Gaga or Britney Spears. She's probably the ONLY super famous celebrity bitch that ANY of us could ever hope to hang with in a regular setting. She's strange and even though her music is pop and produced out the ass, it's weird as hell. She's a true scrub right down to her yeast infection. Yeah, we could probably scratch our balls and fart and play Monopoly with her.

And as I said before, change in ANY area is inevitable. You can either accept it or fight it, the choice is yours. But it's for sure that you won't stop it.

Someone get the hydrant cos a motherfucker just got burned.

We've covered this. That's a band, not a person. Do you see the distinction Johnny Dropout?

BTW, "cause" not "cos." Is that so difficult? no wonder you're against me. You're clearly illiterate.

Edited by JAxlMorrison

Please, enlighten us with your opinion on the names Deadmau5 and the guitarist John 5. And what of Hank the III? Are Roman numerals acceptable? In names only? Tell me, if I wanted to name my band Aerosmith 2, would that be alright with you? What if I called myself Steven Tyl3r?

Please, enlighten us with your opinion on the names Deadmau5 and the guitarist John 5. And what of Hank the III? Are Roman numerals acceptable? In names only? Tell me, if I wanted to name my band Aerosmith 2, would that be alright with you? What if I called myself Steven Tyl3r?

Deadmau5= stupid

John 5 = fine

Roman numerals are acceptable in names.

I'd have no problem with you calling yourself Aerosmith 2. You don't seem like the kind of person capable of originality, so I'd moreso pity you and let it go.

Tyler is spelled with an "e." What you just spelled has no pronunciation.