Guns N ' Roses radio show ON NOW

ThomasMeadow

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MSL - I'd like to address the topic you raised.

This is the same concept as not believing the current band is Guns N' Roses. The lineup that performed before Slash does not matter - at all. Slash built the band name Guns N' Roses. So if it makes you happy, and puts a smile on your face, Slash is not an original member of Guns N' Roses. But in this case, that doesn't mean anything. Just because Slash didn't play a couple gigs with crowds of 50 people you want to take away his original band member accolade, please feel free to do so. Luckily, he has many more prestigious accomplishments on his gleaming resume that continues with touring/releasing new music on a frequent basis.

Edited by SONOFABITCH

yeah to me Slash is an original member. To me, a band is when they are first signed, anything before is just people playing music together testing each other to see if they all work and gel together - its wasn't a band, to me me anyway. A couple of guys never worked out, slash did. The band was signed, then it was a band, not a couple of guys playing music in some cheap bar.

also why does TM have a hard-on over BBA?

Jarmo from lotr rofl-lol.gif

Edited by Axl_morris

This is the same concept as not believing the current band is Guns N' Roses. The lineup that performed before Slash does not matter - at all. Slash built the band name Guns N' Roses. So if it makes you happy, and puts a smile on your face, Slash is not an original member of Guns N' Roses. But in this case, that doesn't mean anything. Just because Slash didn't play a couple gigs with crowds of 50 people you want to take away his original band member accolade, please feel free to do so. Luckily, he has many more prestigious accomplishments on his gleaming resume that continues with touring/releasing new music on a frequent basis.

This.

If you don't mind a little criticism....

Next time do a podcast instead of a radio show. Record it, cut the fat, and then put it out. It's 106 minutes long and you probably only have 20-30 minutes of material here. I'm not being a dick just trying to help. It's all in the editing.

This, also Ron McGovney was the original bassist for Metallica. Later Cliff Burton came in, and everybody knows what an important figure he was in the band.

Slash was a songwriter that contributed material to their debut album, in 99.9% of the people's opinion, he's an original member of Guns N' Roses.

in 99.9% of the people's opinion, he's an original member of Guns N' Roses.

If 99.9 % of the people believe Slash was an earliest member of Guns N' Roses, then 99.9 % of the people are ignorant. *yawn*

This has nothing do with with Slash's accomplishments, skills, importance for GN'R's success and so on -- it doesn't take away from any of that -- it just means he wasn't there when the band was formed. He was not part of the beginning of the band, but part of the beginning of the success of the band.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

If you don't mind a little criticism....

Next time do a podcast instead of a radio show. Record it, cut the fat, and then put it out. It's 106 minutes long and you probably only have 20-30 minutes of material here. I'm not being a dick just trying to help. It's all in the editing.

That would kind of ruin the whole idea, since it's fun when Mygnr members call in to the show.

Who was in the original lineup is a matter of fact, not opinion. Slash was not a member of the original lineup. He was a member of the classic lineup. Why are so many Slash fans obsessed with lying? Is it because Slash is obsessed with lying? Are they just copying their hero? So weird.

The dude is by far the most notable lead guitarist in GNR's history. Famous the world over for his contributions. A member of the classic lineup, which has been inducted into the hall of fame!

So why the need to lie and call him an "original" member?!?!?!? Why not just tell the truth?!?

This is the most lame discussion ever (and for a while now)... of course Slash is not the original member - that's a fact, but the sad truth is that nobody cares about Tracii, Ole and Rob. They played few shows together in front of an empty bar and that's it.

And when somebody talks about original/afd/classic, we all know who he/she ment, so I have no idea why is this such a big thing to few people here.

Who was in the original lineup is a matter of fact, not opinion. Slash was not a member of the original lineup. He was a member of the classic lineup. Why are so many Slash fans obsessed with lying? Is it because Slash is obsessed with lying? Are they just copying their hero? So weird.

The dude is by far the most notable lead guitarist in GNR's history. Famous the world over for his contributions. A member of the classic lineup, which has been inducted into the hall of fame!

So why the need to lie and call him an "original" member?!?!?!? Why not just tell the truth?!?

Classic lineup? You're berating people that have a different opinion, yet you brand a formation by the term you think they should have. Oh, the irony.

I really don't consider either Slash or Axl a hero, they both have/had talents to create songs I like to listen to. It's well known you perceive Axl as your hero, but please for once don't walk away from my question when I ask you: why did you resort to blackmailing the band for your own gain? I love the juicy qoutes you gave us, care to dish some more dirt? Truth hurts doesn't it? :thumbsup:

And when somebody talks about original/afd/classic, we all know who he/she ment, so I have no idea why is this such a big thing to few people here.

Eh, no, we obviously don't all know what people mean when they use the term "original" and "classic". Most people use "original" to refer to the earliest of something, but a few confused souls here on mygnr seem to have gotten it into their heads that it somehow means "best" or "classical" or something like that. Weird, huh! So when I and others want to talk about the earliest lineup I might logically refer to it as the original lineup, and these few confused souls will be even more confused. And "classic" is purely subjective. If I were to talk about the "classic lineup" I would refer to the AFD lineup, not any of the other lineups that might be considered "classic" by some here, like the UYI lineup (w/ or w/o Izzy) or the 2001 lineup with Bucket & Brain. So I don't use that expression because I want to be precise. So no, we don't all know what you mean and that is the lamest excuse ever for being sloppy and inaccurate when expressing oneself. It is an excuse small kids use when their grammar is corrected.

"I have the powerpoint presentation, once again if they don't release the information themselves, then I will release it for them." That's just the tip of the iceberg, love the other quotes about band members, such as earnings, jealousy and such.

Nice that you labeled the band as criminal drug addict scumbags, yet you do your very best to defend anything to do with Guns N' Roses to an extreme. I'm sure your lame attempt at namecalling is nothing compared to how Axl has viewed you.

MSL, guns n roses 2 me is axl rose, slash, duff, izzy, and steven. i give slash credit where it's due. slash is one of the greatest rock guitarists of all time. killer solos on don't cry, november rain, locomotive, sweet child, paradise city, nightrain, patience, and estranged. you know the songs that make up the bulk of the 2012 guns n roses setlist

as for the most nptable lead ax man in gnr history...i think that honor can maybe go 2 robin finck. based on the chinese democracy album, all live shows and tours done from 2000-2006, and the latest guns n roses music video called better!

MSL, is it true you had the official better video on a flashdrive? and unreleased tracks from robin, bucket, and brain?

I've slept 15 hours in 4 nights and English is not my native language.

Now to get back to the point, all wrong use of words aside, how does one go from threatening the band and revealing secrets, clearly knowing this at the very least harm feelings, to acting like a crusader defending nu-GNR?

The truth is that you're still so hilarious that it ain't funny anymore. No matter what you all think, G N' R is nearly dead and that's a fact. They only don't have the guts to pull the plug out. Why? You all know why, the die hard fans of this so called "band" included.

Eh, no, we obviously don't all know what people mean when they use the term "original" and "classic". Most people use "original" to refer to the earliest of something, but a few confused souls here on mygnr seem to have gotten it into their heads that it somehow means "best" or "classical" or something like that. Weird, huh! So when I and others want to talk about the earliest lineup I might logically refer to it as the original lineup, and these few confused souls will be even more confused. And "classic" is purely subjective. If I were to talk about the "classic lineup" I would refer to the AFD lineup, not any of the other lineups that might be considered "classic" by some here, like the UYI lineup (w/ or w/o Izzy) or the 2001 lineup with Bucket & Brain. So I don't use that expression because I want to be precise. So no, we don't all know what you mean and that is the lamest excuse ever for being sloppy and inaccurate when expressing oneself. It is an excuse small kids use when their grammar is corrected.

Well, yeah, but here (and on other forums in general) are just few discussions about the original band. When a random person says, that want to see the original band, I don't make jokes like "yeah dumbass, you can't, since Ole is no longer with us" - it's kinda logical, that comments like this refers to the AFD lineup.

Maybe I shouldn't mention the "classic" in previous post, because it's kinda different with the "classic lineup" concept - you can never be sure if the poster meant AFD/UYI/ touring UYI lineup...

But you know what, it doesn't even matter, because at the end is always a pointless "Old" vs. "New" GN'R or Axl vs. Slash discussion...

Well, yeah, but here (and on other forums in general) are just few discussions about the original band. When a random person says, that want to see the original band, I don't make jokes like "yeah dumbass, you can't, since Ole is no longer with us" - it's kinda logical, that comments like this refers to the AFD lineup.

Maybe I shouldn't mention the "classic" in previous post, because it's kinda different with the "classic lineup" concept - you can never be sure if the poster meant AFD/UYI/ touring UYI lineup...

But you know what, it doesn't even matter, because at the end is always a pointless "Old" vs. "New" GN'R or Axl vs. Slash discussion...

There is still no reason why people should refer to the second or third lineup or any other lineup as the first lineup (=original). Original is original. It is that simple. I fear it's the same people who can't bother to differentiate between "these" and "this" and "their" and "they're" and other sloppy and lazy ways of forgoing with grammar because "everybody understands what was intended by context". Yeah, usually we do, but no, it still makes you a fool.

EDIT: What has this got to do with the Axl vs Slash discussion? Seriously, even Slash fans aren't so daft they would try to fool people into believing Slash was part of the original lineup out of some sad belief that being part of an obscure lineup with absolutely no accomplishments could somehow improve Slash's image?

Edited by SoulMonster