Best TV show theme songs

GivenToFly

Definitely Alabama 3 for The Sopranos. I love that band. Most of their other songs are better than 'Woke Up This Morning' too. I also always loved the theme to Twin Peaks.

I'm listening to their first album right now. It's very good.

Awesome! :thumbsup: I think they have a very original sound. I've seen them live and they're amazing. One of the band members (who is incidentally the son of one of the Great Train Robbers) knows my Dad and I went over to visit and sat there in my folks' lounge room and drank coffee with this amazing guy with fascinating stories.

Totally! It just sounds awesome. It's cool, it's self assured, it's optimistic, it's strong. It screams America! 80s! economic boom! Reagan! And so on. Listening to this (and watching the images) you can sort of understand the appeal of the Republican rhetoric. While the reality they provide is very shady this is the message they're selling and it's truly a compelling message.

Yes! Yes yes yes!

Totally! It just sounds awesome. It's cool, it's self assured, it's optimistic, it's strong. It screams America! 80s! economic boom! Reagan! And so on. Listening to this (and watching the images) you can sort of understand the appeal of the Republican rhetoric. While the reality they provide is very shady this is the message they're selling and it's truly a compelling message.

Huh .......what? :huh:

It's funny how they're from London. Why do English bands have such a talent for Americana?

I was stunned too when I heard they were British, they sound genuinely American. I love their sense of humour, some of the songs literally have me laughing out loud every time I hear them. My favourite songs would probably be You Don't Dance To Techno Anymore, Too Sick To Pray, Mao Tse Tung Said and Mansion on the Hill. Glad to hear you liked them! I don't think they get the recognition they deserve. :thumbsup:

Guest Len B'stard

Steptoe and Son was quite famous in Australia in it's day too although i've yet to meet an Aussie whoose heard of it, they duo sort of fell apart famously in Australia and New Zealand on a tour.

Knew you'd pick that.

Its my favorite TV show of all time, i really do consider it to be on the level of high art, like each episode is a miniature play, it works that way in terms of setting, it's so wonderful written and acted and i don't mean this to at all appear hyperbolic, that is my serious opinion on this show, that it is immensely elevated stuff in the guise of a common sitcom.

Edited by sugaraylen

Steptoe and Son was quite famous in Australia in it's day too although i've yet to meet an Aussie whoose heard of it, they duo sort of fell apart famously in Australia and New Zealand on a tour.

Knew you'd pick that.

Its my favorite TV show of all time, i really do consider it to be on the level of high art, like each episode is a miniature play, it works that way in terms of setting, it's so wonderful written and acted and i don't mean this to at all appear hyperbolic, that is my serious opinion on this show, that it is immensely elevated stuff in the guise of a common sitcom.

Fell apart? Like the actors or the characters on some Some Mothers Do Ave Em Australian trip?