Best TV show theme songs

GivenToFly

Guest Len B'stard

Fell apart? Like the actors or the characters on some Some Mothers Do Ave Em Australian trip?

When the shows run first ended they went on a money spinning stage tour of aus and new zealand cuz apparently they were quite popular there and basically the whole thing fell apart due to the old mans alcoholism (2 bottles of gin a day) and general clashes he had with Harry H Corbett, being of contrasting schools of acting. Also, the old man got done for swearing on national tv during the day in New Zealand, something like he was asked how he liked it in New Zealand and he went he didn't and its a shithole and full of fucking cathedrals or something :lol: It culminated in some show in Australia where the old man didn't come out onstage cuz he couldn't be fucking bothered basically and left Harry H Corbett hanging there, bit hard doing a double act on your own as you might imagine.

They left for England on seperate planes and that was it for Steptoe and Son.

Fell apart? Like the actors or the characters on some Some Mothers Do Ave Em Australian trip?

When the shows run first ended they went on a money spinning stage tour of aus and new zealand cuz apparently they were quite popular there and basically the whole thing fell apart due to the old mans alcoholism (2 bottles of gin a day) and general clashes he had with Harry H Corbett, being of contrasting schools of acting. Also, the old man got done for swearing on national tv during the day in New Zealand, something like he was asked how he liked it in New Zealand and he went he didn't and its a shithole and full of fucking cathedrals or something :lol: It culminated in some show in Australia where the old man didn't come out onstage cuz he couldn't be fucking bothered basically and left Harry H Corbett hanging there, bit hard doing a double act on your own as you might imagine.

They left for England on seperate planes and that was it for Steptoe and Son.

Wow, I never knew any of this and have never seen the show. I guess that scenario really sank it for them because they haven't shown it on TV here for decades obviously. If you are familiar with Jacques Tati, is that style of performance? I really love Tati and think he was such an artist. There are so many subtleties in his films and it's just a joy to watch. Mon Oncle and Playtime were masterpieces IMO. Maybe I've interpreted that clip you put up differently though. I'd have to watch an episode to see. Will YouTube it later. :)