Axl's comments on Slash

ZoSoRose

Hey Marc!

Ive always wondered, how did Slash really feel about Axl calling him a cancer? He claimed to not care but it was just such an insensitive and hurtful remark, especially with his mom being ill at the time (im sure Axl did not know this... or at least I hope he didnt). Do you think Axl really meant to come off as that hateful or do you think he kind of regrets those comments or maybe doesnt mean them.

Thanks!

(I just posted this in the main section, but I think it applies to your question)

My personal theory is that Axl didn't really hate Slash at first...from 1996-2000 or so it didn't seem that bad. I think once Axl started to realize what a clusterfuck him/GNR had become he increasingly started hating Slash/using him as his personal fall guy for all the problems he was going through. The hatred only increased with more failures and it became pathological imo...I mean Marc Canter's statements about Axl thinking Slash is basically evil are disturbing. It's easier to hate/blame somebody else for your fuck ups, especially when Axl's world is one with him being surrounded by sycophants. Slash was just the most obvious target.

So No, I don't think Axl feels bad about the Cancer statement. The personal hatred for Slash that Axl has built up as a defense mechanism likely wouldn't allow him to even consider regretting something he said about Slash. Otherwise his whole delusion could potentially start falling apart.

Hey Marc!

Ive always wondered, how did Slash really feel about Axl calling him a cancer? He claimed to not care but it was just such an insensitive and hurtful remark, especially with his mom being ill at the time (im sure Axl did not know this... or at least I hope he didnt). Do you think Axl really meant to come off as that hateful or do you think he kind of regrets those comments or maybe doesnt mean them.

Thanks!

The Cancer word was out of line, but it just goes to show you how pissed Axl is over the things that he thinks Slash has done to him. I also think at that moment Axl said that, these must of been something that was really bothering him that Slash may have said or done. I have no idea what it was but to see Axl come on the forum and start talking, something had to push him to do it. As you know Axl is not one to do that unless he is at a gig and something is on his mind. The sad part is that what ever anger he has can we worked out if he had the right person to talk to that can help Axl understand how to deal with it. There was a time when Slash was very sick during a Snakepit tour and even through Axl was very pissed at Slash, he was still concerned with Slash's health. Just because he hatted him doesn't mean he wanted him to die. I also think the Cancer thing "better off being removed" Was more like that he wished Slash would be removed from speaking and being in the limelight. I don't think he meant dead.

Hey Marc!

Thanks!

The Cancer word was out of line, but it just goes to show you how pissed Axl is over the things that he thinks Slash has done to him. I also think at that moment Axl said that, these must of been something that was really bothering him that Slash may have said or done. I have no idea what it was but to see Axl come on the forum and start talking, something had to push him to do it. As you know Axl is not one to do that unless he is at a gig and something is on his mind. The sad part is that what ever anger he has can we worked out if he had the right person to talk to that can help Axl understand how to deal with it. There was a time when Slash was very sick during a Snakepit tour and even through Axl was very pissed at Slash, he was still concerned with Slash's health. Just because he hatted him doesn't mean he wanted him to die. I also think the Cancer thing "better off being removed" Was more like that he wished Slash would be removed from speaking and being in the limelight. I don't think he meant dead.

Thanks Marc! Glad to hear some insight on it. And Volcano, it was a legit question man! Im not trolling on Axl I like him just as much as you. That doesnt mean I dont think his comment totally didnt suck and I know he probably didnt know about Slash's mom but I was just curious. I dont think it was THAT stupid of a question :shrugs:

Hey Marc!

Thanks!

Oh you didn't think Axl meant dead... The fact we even have to wonder that is quite crazy imo.

What was the health issue with Slash on the tour? Is that when he got the pacemaker?

If he doesn't hate Slash so much .........being concerned about Slash's health....why is it the man can't seem to at least talk to the guy from a non-musical stand-point?It's things like this that I just want to literally grab people and just fucking shake them!!!!

I mean obviously I love Axl,but this not getting over/talking to Slash bugs the hell out of me!It doesn't have to be that they play/create music together!They were friends besides it being musical.You just don't forget people deep down inside and I don't mean not forgetting the hate,I mean the good stuff.

Edited by SweetRose

If he doesn't hate Slash so much .........being concerned about Slash's health....why is it the man can't seem to at least talk to the guy from a non-musical stand-point?It's things like this that I just want to literally grab people and just fucking shake them!!!!

Both of them need to grow a pair of balls and mature to do that

I mean obviously I love Axl,but this not getting over/talking to Slash bugs the hell out of me!It doesn't have to be that they play/create music together!They were friends besides it being musical.You just don't forget people deep down inside and I don't mean not forgetting the hate,I mean the good stuff.

Just because you can't stand someone doesn't mean you stop caring about them.