Is being in New GNR more frustrating than being a fan of New GNR?

Randy Lahey

Is being in New GNR more frustrating than being a fan of New GNR? Assuming you aren't Ali or Axl.

Nah, the money's great and you only have to work a few months every decade.

All true, but I imagine it must be a little like making the Yankees and never getting to play in a regular season game.

Edited by Randy Lahey

Only millions of dollars would make me a happy musician if my job was to play other people's songs.

You're a better man than me. Crazy parties, constant model/groupie ass in every locale, playing some of the greatest r n' r ever written all over the world and having your name attached to a band like GN'R for all time??? I'd probably "submit" myself to that for a meager 6 figure salary... :)

Probably. I can go about my life, check the forum once a day, maybe post half the time. Guys in the band want to release music as a band, get their creative juices flowing for the sake of the band.

Can you imagine having all your "best" songs saved for GnR just to have them swept under the rug for years? Or writing sings to fit the GnR mold which you normally wouldn't write? I would think that to be incredibly frustrating.

Is being in New GNR more frustrating than being a fan of New GNR? Assuming you aren't Ali or Axl.

Why would it be frustrating to like a particular type of music? I guess if you are 15 year old and expect your favorite artist to do things a certain way, then yes, it could be frustrating when your expectations and not realized. But I am not.