Best Thing That Slash Has Done Since 1996

IndiannaRose

Anastasia

Yea, that track is pure kickass. Here's a question; how would you all compare Snakepit to Slash's current band (The Conspirators)? So far, I'd say that I have a hard time deciding.

Snakepit was the best thing Slash did (both albums) IMO. Blues Ball was incredibly good and he should have recorded an album with those guys.

This is a great show. Rawness!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, Snakepit was his best work after gnr imo. I was a huge fan of that! Especially the Rod Jackson version.

Personally I liked Rod Jackson better than Myles. He has an awesome voice and on stage Rod was a beast. A great live performer as well. I never really understand why Slash stopped working with him. They really were great together, same sound rock/blues.

Ain't live Grand is a great album and I listen to that very often, more even than to CD. Highly underrated album.

Oh and I like Snakepit more than the Conspirators.

Edited by MBRose

Eric Dover and Rod Jackson were better than Myles IMO. I heard Slash stopped working with Rod because he was a "useless junkie". Looks like Slash doesn't want anything to do with him since I saw a little interview with Rod a year ago where he said "Hey Slash bro, give me a call sometime!". :shrugs:

Eric Dover and Rod Jackson were better than Myles IMO. I heard Slash stopped working with Rod because he was a "useless junkie". Looks like Slash doesn't want anything to do with him since I saw a little interview with Rod a year ago where he said "Hey Slash bro, give me a call sometime!". :shrugs:

Didn't even know he was a junkie? What a shame..

I have seen Snakepit with him live, he was great live and had a awesome stage presence.

Oh well, that explains it...

Would be very hard to argue with Street Child, but that Slither, FTP, BTS and Anastasia are all right there.

Then you got others like Always on the Run, Give In to Me, LTA, YGNR, etc. just behind.

The guy's had a stellar post-Guns career and best part is he still has stronger drive to put out new material and tour than most 25 yr old musicians. Dude hasn't slowed down, and has actually shifted into overdrive. Awesome. :thumbsup:

My favorite song from post-GN'R Slash. In fact the whole first Snakepit album is probably my favorite album from Slash since he left GN'R. It just had a very good bluesy feel to it. I wish Slash would have Eric Dover sing with his band instead of Myles. Nothing against Myles, he had a great range and all, but Dover just had that rawness to his voice that would work very well with the GN'R songs.

I think Slash's singers have often let him down. Dover's lyrics were ok, but singing

wasn't the best. Wasn't that impressed with the singer on the second snakepit

album really.

1. I think the music on the first snakepit album is great and see how it could have

been the next GNR album.

2. Serial killer's music is fantastic but the lyrics aren't that good.

3. I think the only consistently great song (music, lyrics and singing) that Slash

has ben involved in since GNR is Anastasia. If he can do more in this line I'll

be happy

Velver Revolver was Slash's bad period.. maybe not all his fault.. but it was obvious it was a bad mix (line up).. The original Snake Pit album, and the latest Slash & Myles album are Slash's highlites.. There's some great tracks on the Slash & Friends album too.. oddly enough the Slash & Kidrock track is one of my favs on the album..

Edited by vaida

I love this song!

This is awesome. I've never checked out his Snakepit stuff, I will now. People talk about it in such derisory terms, but I wish he'd do more songs like this.

Oh, you should definitely check out the Snakepit stuff. I wish that too, Snakepit material is killer. rock4

Anastasia is better live. http://www.moshcam.com/slash-featuring-myles-kennedy-and-the-conspirators/sydney-entertainment-centre-1375.aspx#/16-anastasia ;)

Best album: Contraband

Best DVD: Live in Stoke

Best singer: Myles Kennedy

Best Snakepit songs: Neither Can I, Beggars, Back and Forth Again and Serial Killer.

Best VR song: Sucker Train Blues, Fall to Pieces and Slither.

Best solo song: Ghost, Starlight, By the Sword, anastasia, Standing in the Sun and So far Away.