Was Bumblefoot right or wrong to behave in that way?

joeymo

86 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I honestly do not know... If the person mis-quoted BBF and left out "LOL" and other things that pointed towards joking then I get BBF being upset. But if the person posted exactly what BBF wrote then I understand why the person posted it. BBF should know better than to stand on the assumption of a "private conversation" that wont find its way onto the internet especially with someone he doesnt know personally. The internet and text messages are a great way to communicate and get information fast but people tend to read stuff more literal than they hear stuff. There is no voice inflection in writing.

I honestly think BBF was in a bad mood and it was stupid on his part to let some fan "bother" him on FB while he was with his family. Last time I checked if you're not on FB no one can bother you. If you're with your family dont go on FB while at dinner and this stuff wont happen. Pretty simple if you ask me and yes I think BBF coming to MYGNR was some backpedaling on his part

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Wrong of course. He obviously messed up and for some stupid reason badmouthed the band he's in to a random guy and then he came on here to do some damage control. How can anyone not see that? He wouldn't be so defensive if he didn't know that he messed up.

I think his statement about only posting on GNR's official site from now on is laughable.

I agree. What the hell is up with that? :lol:

When bumble talks about the band, there's always a strong sense that he's a breath away from saying, 'Christ I know, I know! One album in 20 yrs is retarded, and we're not even trying to record another. It fucking sucks!'

He obviously can't, but I think he is probably the only band member who comes close to speaking up for the fans from within GnR.

It looks like things blew up in his face this time, but it just shows he's as frustrated as we are.

I think that it was something said as a sarcastic joke (you can't tell tone in text) and the guy took it and ran with it for attention. The guy obviously was out to make something out of nothing so Bumble had to come in and "clear the air" so to speak.

That's exactly what I think. I think it very well may have been sarcasm, but the problem is that you can't tell through the written word. I also believe the forum member was out to make BBF look bad because he made a claim about BBF confirming no new album or recordings and he never said anything of the sort in the screen capture that was posted.

Ali

I think that it was something said as a sarcastic joke (you can't tell tone in text) and the guy took it and ran with it for attention. The guy obviously was out to make something out of nothing so Bumble had to come in and "clear the air" so to speak.

That's exactly what I think. I think it very well may have been sarcasm, but the problem is that you can't tell through the written word. I also believe the forum member was out to make BBF look bad because he made a claim about BBF confirming no new album or recordings and he never said anything of the sort in the screen capture that was posted.

Ali

it was because he is on vacation and he says fuck gnr and that things, I dont think the band is together working on new songs, and i was right at the end., theres another pic of a pm with bumble saying dont get frustrated if a new album doesnt come soon or something like that, but no one threw shit at the person that posted that pm...

who cares what mr bad back says or thinks.. he's a disposable hired hand.. he can't cover Buckethead very well, and he can't cover Slash too well either.. he's got his exposure, he should focus on his solo career or forming a band that works more for him..

Edited by vaida

Ali

it was because he is on vacation and he says fuck gnr and that things, I dont think the band is together working on new songs, and i was right at the end., theres another pic of a pm with bumble saying dont get frustrated if a new album doesnt come soon or something like that, but no one threw shit at the person that posted that pm...

It's ok young man, ignore BAli noone loves him , it's true

Thankyou for the posts and pm, love that shit.

I'll just paste what what I wrote on the other topic:

I understand people's reaction towards Ron.

One thins is WE criticise and say fuck Guns N' Roses. We're the fans, we kind of have that right, we are here to support but we are here to criticise when we have to, and recently the band has been giving us many reasons to do it.

I believe most people saw Ron's comment as somehow a betrayal, he was saying "Fuck Guns N' Roses" to a fan. It almost confirms what we have all been suspecting: There are no plans of releasing new music, there are no other plans apart from touring. Yes, it's not written there with those words, but if you don't see it, that's just because you don't want to.

I don't agree with the level of the comments made towards Ron, though.

It's kind of crazy, what Bumblefoot said. But in a way I don't blame him, I understand him. I may have acted the same in his position. I met him several times in 2010, and while I deeply respect the man and the guitarist, I always felt he was faking it a bit with GNR. He was trying way too hard to be cool, to be the hero of the ban, the guy who talks with the fans and stuff. I think it was a sign he wasn't happy with GNR's communication with the fans and was trying to show how it should be done, but at the same time it's pretty obvious GNR isn't really his thing. He's a hired guy... from that point, how can a band be a band really??

I guess GNR as a band is totally fucked up. It can't fucking work. It should be a group of friends, not a group of mercenaries. And Bumblefoot can't be blamed on that one. I don't know the problems and the more time that goes on, the less I care about the band really.

To think I was the biggest fan of the band two years ago, I love every album, but I don't listen to it much nowadays because Axl makes me sad.

Yeah you might think my statement is stupid but there is so much passion and energy in GNR's music and Axl's lyrics that it makes me very sad to see Axl not so involved at all with his own band. It's like he doesn't care anymore and that the world doesn't care about him. I wish I could be one of his friends and motivate him. Or be born earlier to see him at his peak.

It's unbelievable to me to think that he has softened so much. I went to see GNR in June and I left the venue 30 minutes before the finish, it was the same show as 2 years ago, every fucking thing was the same except they added Estranged and Civil War... 2 old songs. Wooow big deal. And Axl was clearly not giving a fucking shit. I'm not saying it was a bad show. It was a great show if you just "like" GNR. But if you're a fan, seeing the exact same show with no commitment with Axl... just sucks.

The other guys only seem to be here for the money. Except Bumble.

Bumblefoot seem to be here for himself and his fans. I learnt to deeply respect that guy, I think he's very genuine, sure he doesn't deny his paychecks but he's a true guy and a true guitarist. I think he should quit GNR when he has enough money for his family. I think his aim is to have enough money for his wife & family, he seems pretty generous. I don't think he would risk his health if he was just touring for himself, he must have a deeper motivation to be able to go on stage with his health problems.

Personnally I see him as a newer Axl Rose, in a way he's worthy of being in GNR, he tells things like they are, like Axl used to do in the 90's.

Truth be told I appreciate all the guys from new GNR, even DJ. They all need to do a living and make their own stuff. I respect them all.

I just think the situation sucks. They should all quit when they have made enough money. The band is really pointless, I mean what's the point of making new tours without no new music??? What's the point of touring if you don't have it, if you have nothing new to say, and playing the same thing all over again without passion?

The problem of GNR is clearly Axl and his "family". He has no fucking motivation and the band doesn't fucking work. I respect Axl more than any other guy, and I blame myself for lacking respect to the man here, but really, I hope he comes back to life someday. It's like his motivation and hunger completely vanished and there are guys like Bumble who still have the hunger but are kept in a golden prison, waiting to break free.

You can't blame Bumble here. He's right. Fuck GNR. They aren't doing any FUCKING thing, where is the fucking new music? I don't want to see them live again if the setlist doesn't dramatically changes and if it doesn't include a whole bunch of new songs and the best songs from CD (TWAT, Prostitute). And I don't think they should call themselves a band if they never hang out outside of the tours, it's fucking ridiculous.

I feel the same as Bumble and I'm not even if the fucking band. Try to imagine his feelings, he's a genius guitarist, he DREAMS of playing new songs, more complicated songs, but he's trapped in playing sweet child over and over again every night. It's terribly boring for everyone, us and them.

So on topic: Bumble was right to behave that way, he's a human being and he didn't lie about his feelings. There is every right in the world to be fucking frustrated by what GNR has become. There was so much fucking potential in that band, even 2 years ago I still believed in it. But look at Axl's voice now, I can't fucking believe he trains his voice, he's lost it and he doesn't even back it up by being innovative on stage. It sucks.