Was Bumblefoot right or wrong to behave in that way?

joeymo

86 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

right! bbf's the most open and candid member of the band. i wish he'd mock and tell off you obsessed super nerd fans more often.

besides, from what marc canter said, beta probably hasn't let axl know about it. why bother getting him all riled up? she probably didn't bother telling him about the 'barmitvah / bands-lives-endangered tweets either. it's probably the most sensible thing for anyone managing axl to do.

still don't give a fuck

+1

This is like that ending to the football game, it was cool to talk about for a bit, but now who give a flying frogs fat ass. He is a grown man, and I dont know him, so fuck it. As long as he is there on the 7th, cause I like his style, and like him in the band. Yeah, I went there.

I don't know what he did that could be considered wrong. Whether you like him or not, he's always been a ball buster, like he said. He's always saying the same shit like "fuck Guns" or "fuck Estranged" yet some assholes are like "heeeeeey, he can't say that, he's an asshole". The funniest moment was when a bunch of retarded fanboys were like "He can't say that about Estranged, he sucks, he should be fired now!" and then he plays the song for thousands, maybe millions watching Guns in RIR. That was a big kick in their faces. And then some retarded fanboy came here, posted what he said in a PERSONAL MESSAGE claiming how he doesn't care about Guns and doesn't like being in the band, and some morons said that he was leaving the band, etc. So he came here, said that he was joking, again, and the same retarded morons and assholes kept insulting him, so he insulted a few of them back. First of all, they are not fans. Second, they did not respect him. What would you guys expect? He even tried to be nice to some douchebags but they kept attacking him.

There's no logical explanation as to why he could be remotely wrong. He was NOT wrong, not at all. There's no opinion, everyone with an working brain would say that - unless you WANT to believe in what you want. And then this interview comes to mind...

There has been no other singer that I have ever worked with in my fucking life that cares as much and that gives as much and that kicks as much ass on a stage and that works as hard as that guy. Everyone wants to think of his as this kind of dictator just because he's the last man standing from… I mean, he started the band and he's still there and he's not going to end the band no matter who leaves until he decides that he wants to stop. You can do anything. I'll wear whatever I want, I'll play whatever I want and he's got no problem with it. Because we don't do a lot of press as a band, people don't see that side of things. They don't see us joking around or having fun. Either that or they don't want to see it, because it's more fun to talk about the character that people have in their own minds about others than the people that they truly are.

It's kind of crazy, what Bumblefoot said. But in a way I don't blame him, I understand him. I may have acted the same in his position. I met him several times in 2010, and while I deeply respect the man and the guitarist, I always felt he was faking it a bit with GNR. He was trying way too hard to be cool, to be the hero of the ban, the guy who talks with the fans and stuff. I think it was a sign he wasn't happy with GNR's communication with the fans and was trying to show how it should be done, but at the same time it's pretty obvious GNR isn't really his thing. He's a hired guy... from that point, how can a band be a band really??

You are wrong, though. You think he was trying too hard to be cool, but people that know him since way before he joined Guns can vouch for him. Actually I got to know a few people that told me exactly the same and there are several vids of him being too cool to his fans and everyone around.

I guess GNR as a band is totally fucked up. It can't fucking work. It should be a group of friends, not a group of mercenaries. And Bumblefoot can't be blamed on that one. I don't know the problems and the more time that goes on, the less I care about the band really.

To think I was the biggest fan of the band two years ago, I love every album, but I don't listen to it much nowadays because Axl makes me sad.

They like each other, they hang out together, they keep in touch. They are a band, but whether Axl is a part of that band we don't know. He's the only one keeping distance, he's always been like that. Always.

Yeah you might think my statement is stupid but there is so much passion and energy in GNR's music and Axl's lyrics that it makes me very sad to see Axl not so involved at all with his own band.

Yes, but the same could be said about him and the old band.

And Axl was clearly not giving a fucking shit. I'm not saying it was a bad show. It was a great show if you just "like" GNR. But if you're a fan, seeing the exact same show with no commitment with Axl... just sucks.

People that watched him more than once usually say that he gives his best always, no matter what show is. Even YouTube vids and livestream show that. And that's why he's up there for 3 plus hours each show when in reality he could have left much earlier like most bands out there. If you didn't like, cool, but he cares. Maybe not enough, I don't know, but he cares. I'd watch GnR live anytime and I really hope they come back to Brazil soon :) that could be my last chance to see them live and I wouldn't want to miss that...

I feel the same as Bumble and I'm not even if the fucking band. Try to imagine his feelings, he's a genius guitarist, he DREAMS of playing new songs, more complicated songs, but he's trapped in playing sweet child over and over again every night. It's terribly boring for everyone, us and them.

Yes, that sucks. Yes, that's sad.

It's kind of crazy, what Bumblefoot said. But in a way I don't blame him, I understand him. I may have acted the same in his position. I met him several times in 2010, and while I deeply respect the man and the guitarist, I always felt he was faking it a bit with GNR. He was trying way too hard to be cool, to be the hero of the ban, the guy who talks with the fans and stuff. I think it was a sign he wasn't happy with GNR's communication with the fans and was trying to show how it should be done, but at the same time it's pretty obvious GNR isn't really his thing. He's a hired guy... from that point, how can a band be a band really??

I guess GNR as a band is totally fucked up. It can't fucking work. It should be a group of friends, not a group of mercenaries. And Bumblefoot can't be blamed on that one. I don't know the problems and the more time that goes on, the less I care about the band really.

To think I was the biggest fan of the band two years ago, I love every album, but I don't listen to it much nowadays because Axl makes me sad.

Yeah you might think my statement is stupid but there is so much passion and energy in GNR's music and Axl's lyrics that it makes me very sad to see Axl not so involved at all with his own band. It's like he doesn't care anymore and that the world doesn't care about him. I wish I could be one of his friends and motivate him. Or be born earlier to see him at his peak.

It's unbelievable to me to think that he has softened so much. I went to see GNR in June and I left the venue 30 minutes before the finish, it was the same show as 2 years ago, every fucking thing was the same except they added Estranged and Civil War... 2 old songs. Wooow big deal. And Axl was clearly not giving a fucking shit. I'm not saying it was a bad show. It was a great show if you just "like" GNR. But if you're a fan, seeing the exact same show with no commitment with Axl... just sucks.

The other guys only seem to be here for the money. Except Bumble.

Bumblefoot seem to be here for himself and his fans. I learnt to deeply respect that guy, I think he's very genuine, sure he doesn't deny his paychecks but he's a true guy and a true guitarist. I think he should quit GNR when he has enough money for his family. I think his aim is to have enough money for his wife & family, he seems pretty generous. I don't think he would risk his health if he was just touring for himself, he must have a deeper motivation to be able to go on stage with his health problems.

Personnally I see him as a newer Axl Rose, in a way he's worthy of being in GNR, he tells things like they are, like Axl used to do in the 90's.

Truth be told I appreciate all the guys from new GNR, even DJ. They all need to do a living and make their own stuff. I respect them all.

I just think the situation sucks. They should all quit when they have made enough money. The band is really pointless, I mean what's the point of making new tours without no new music??? What's the point of touring if you don't have it, if you have nothing new to say, and playing the same thing all over again without passion?

The problem of GNR is clearly Axl and his "family". He has no fucking motivation and the band doesn't fucking work. I respect Axl more than any other guy, and I blame myself for lacking respect to the man here, but really, I hope he comes back to life someday. It's like his motivation and hunger completely vanished and there are guys like Bumble who still have the hunger but are kept in a golden prison, waiting to break free.

You can't blame Bumble here. He's right. Fuck GNR. They aren't doing any FUCKING thing, where is the fucking new music? I don't want to see them live again if the setlist doesn't dramatically changes and if it doesn't include a whole bunch of new songs and the best songs from CD (TWAT, Prostitute). And I don't think they should call themselves a band if they never hang out outside of the tours, it's fucking ridiculous.

I feel the same as Bumble and I'm not even if the fucking band. Try to imagine his feelings, he's a genius guitarist, he DREAMS of playing new songs, more complicated songs, but he's trapped in playing sweet child over and over again every night. It's terribly boring for everyone, us and them.

So on topic: Bumble was right to behave that way, he's a human being and he didn't lie about his feelings. There is every right in the world to be fucking frustrated by what GNR has become. There was so much fucking potential in that band, even 2 years ago I still believed in it. But look at Axl's voice now, I can't fucking believe he trains his voice, he's lost it and he doesn't even back it up by being innovative on stage. It sucks.

I believe he made a mistake, tried to cover it up by saying it was a joke and treated fans badly. I am disappointed :(

Well, this is not the first time Bumblefoot has acted in a less than optimal professional manner. He gets frustrated, he is in pain, he has his moments of darkness, and he occasionally blabbers about things best dealt with inside the band. It's a human thing and if the band can tolerate it then so should we.

i don't blame the guy for lashing out at the guys questions he is just a person like the rest of us. probably gets frustrated and get asked the same questions over and over.

but i don't think he was joking. he probably got chewed out for that one as well. he's probably dying to record some tunes with that band, it's what he does.

and its got to be frustrating that it isn't up to him because they don't operate like a normal band. just kind of sad that the only time he makes an appearance is for damage control.

it would be cool if axl posted once in awhile to keep us updated but i guess he doesn't owe us anything.

Edited by PITBOSS