What now?

SoulMonster

As everybody is probably aware of by now Bumblefoot came here recently to clear up what he called a misunderstanding regarding some private comments he made on the Better video and GN'R in general. I think most of us agree it was an attempt at damage control. Regardless to the prelude to his visit and why he came, it was a great opportunity for fans of GN'R and fans of Bumblefoot to interact with the band member who is by far the most welcoming, friendly, and accommodating to the fan base. A rare opportunity, really. It should have been a great moment for mygnrforum since the rest of the band seem to boycott such opportunities. Bumblefoot was met with a harangue of insulting comments and ad hominem attacks which we are used to here daily, but which I never thought would be used on the rare occasion when a band member came here to talk with us. It was sad to see apparently grown-up men attack Bumblefoot as if he is the one calling the shots in GN'R, as if he is the reason old lineups broke up, as if he is the reason people are bitter about what happens with GN'R, as if he is Axl Rose. It was completely uncalled for. And although I am used to people bashing a band I love daily, I never would have thought people wouldn't be able to show a minimum of respect and courtesy to Bumblefoot, a hard-working, über-friendly band member. Of course I am talking about a small minority here, but a very vocal minority.

The result of this sad spectacle was Bumblefoot's decision to not come here again, or at any other forum besides gunsnroses.com. The fans of the current band lost on this.

I am not blaming the mods or the admins for not being able to stop it while it happened. My question is simple: What will the admins do to prevent anything similar happening in the future? One might agree BBA and Bobbo should have been banned much earlier so we didn't end up in this unfortunate situation, but what will be done to them now? Are the admins content with this place being considered a band hostile site because of the actions of a few bad apples, and not a band friendly site?

Personally I am disappointed it came to this, but I trust that the admins will take necessary action to regain the trust of not only the band itself but also the number of fans who actually are here to support the band and want to enjoy the rare occasion when a band member slips by to have a civil, friendly chat with him.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Don't be silly here. Except from some very few things, neither BBA or Bobbo said anything inappropriate. They were just speaking the truth. They could possibly have had a slightly different attitude, but the guy is over sensitive if he took offence from not having 100% ass kissing posts directed to him. The few ones that I could agree was slightly inappropriate was just that. Slightly inappropriate. Nothing really bad.

Come on people? Who cares that Bumblefoot decided not to post here any more? It's cool for his fans when he does, but seriously, you're talking about it as if it was something he did every month or so. He has been on this board three times or something so far. Two of the times was to do damage control and one time he was drunk. I saw people say how sad it was that people treated him like this when he came to chat. What the hell? He didn't come to chat, he came to downplay what he has said. This is not a lose for the forum at all. It may sucks for those fans he has got that likes it when he comes, but it barely ever happens and the forum doesn't lose anything on that he decided this. It just makes him look like a drama queen. Three times in 6 years.

Fact is that you simply can't prevent people from being assholes on the internet. It's that simple. One of those "this is why we cant have nice things" deals.

I can't blame bumblefoot for not wanting to come here anymore. But I can't imagine he ever assumed that everybody on the internet will just be nice to him either.

Every public figure and/or band has both supporters and protesters. And in GnR's case they're both here no matter who or what you are. So you WILL get shit.

Whether or not he wants to deal with that is up to him and if he doesn't that's a fair choice.

SoulMonster, go moderate your own forum bro. Nobody needs your stupid shit over here. Could BBA, JB and Bobbo have asked their questions in a less-hostile way? Yes, but unfortunately it didn't happen. I didn't see anyone *insulting* Bumblefoot. He was asked controversial questions and he handled them very well --- in fact, he ignored some of them which was the best thing he could've done. He left when he had to and that was all. Bumblefoot fans had the opportunity to ask him other questions and even non-Gn'R related questions that he addressed with no problem.

Things are going to stay that way, no one should be banned or penalized (maybe a warning). You don't agree? You think is unfair? Then LEAVE. This is NOT your forum.

SoulMonster, go moderate your own forum bro. Nobody needs your stupid shit over here. Could BBA, JB and Bobbo have asked their questions in a less-hostile way? Yes, but unfortunately it didn't happen. I didn't see anyone *insulting* Bumblefoot.

Heh, don't you worry about me, I can do both.

You don't think being referred to a second rate guitarist, being referred to only as a cover musician, being told that the highlight of his career is to play Slash's riffs, being called a pussy, having his physical problems belittled and trivialized, being told he hasn't got integrity, being told he is just after the pay-check, being told he plays in a glorified karaoke band, etc, isn't insulting?? :o If this is common in your daily life then I truly feel sorry for you.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

How is some of that insulting? I don't think any of it is a big deal, but I can see that some of it might be a bit mean spirited, but almost all of what you mentioned there are just facts.

Edit: The only one I can agree might be a bit much is belittlement of his physical problems. The rest of what was mentioned were pretty much facts.

Edited by Satanisk_Slakt

having his physical problems belittled and trivialized

That's the only thing I would say was a bit offensive. The rest of your post are facts. :shrugs:

Most of what was thrown at Bumblefoot were opinions and they were presented in a highly offensive manner. I am truly sorry this is beyond you and SS.

having his physical problems belittled and trivialized

That's the only thing I would say was a bit offensive. The rest of your post are facts. :shrugs:

Most of what was thrown at Bumblefoot were opinions and they were presented in a highly offensive manner. I am truly sorry this is beyond you and SS.

Highly offensive? :lol: I didn't know Bumblefoot was a 12-year-old little girl. Sorry.

Knowing Subs, I'm sure he wasn't thrilled about how things went down the other night. But I'd also guess he's not thrilled with people questioning how he is, or should be, running HIS forum. Not trying to speak for him, and maybe I'm wrong. But with all the posts I've read, the posters whining the most about the alleged disrespect shown to Ron are the very same people who are disrespecting the admin and his mods with their criticisms, demands and butt hurt expectations. Maybe they take action. Maybe they don't. Either way it's their choice, and posters pushing for answers, with a distorted sense of entitlement, seriously need to get the fuck over themselves.

I would worry about the same thing if Slash came on the site. I am a Slash fan and always will be. Someone would ruin it if any member of GNR came on whether they be real members from the classic era, or new GNR emoplyees era. But BBF is going through some hard times right now and I wouldn't get a lot of joy kicking someone when they are down. Obviously the guy has been in the band 6 years and has never recorded a new song with Axl. We all know the deal now. He was right about the Better video - it sucked. I go to new GNR shows to see Axl perform and if Ron quit someone else would play Slash's riffs - so what's the point of being a dick to him?

Edited by SONOFABITCH

Knowing Subs, I'm sure he wasn't thrilled about how things went down the other night. But I'd also guess he's not thrilled with people questioning how he is, or should be, running HIS forum. Not trying to speak for him, and maybe I'm wrong. But with all the posts I've read, the posters whining the most about the alleged disrespect shown to Ron are the very same people who are disrespecting the admin and his mods with their criticisms, demands and butt hurt expectations. Maybe they take action. Maybe they don't. Either way it's their choice, and posters pushing for answers, with a distorted sense of entitlement, seriously need to get the fuck over themselves.

Err, I have no demands, I have no expectations, I have no intentions of criticising the admins, I just want an answer to this simple question: What will the admins do to prevent anything similar happening in the future?

If the admins won't do anything then that is fine. It is their decision and really none of my business.

Err, I have no demands, I have no expectations, I have no intentions of criticising the admins, I just want an answer to this simple question: What will the admins do to prevent anything similar happening in the future?

If the admins won't do anything then that is fine. It is their decision and really none of my business.

Preventing it would almost be impossible. As HV said before, we had no idea Bumble was going to show up, so therefor a mod wasn't here at every minute. And for the amount of time that mods were present, we handled things the way we thought were best.

Just sit tight - it'll take a few days to get some answers for everything and everyone, but we're working on it.

Preventing it would almost be impossible. As HV said before, we had no idea Bumble was going to show up, so therefor a mod wasn't here at every minute. And for the amount of time that mods were present, we handled things the way we thought were best.

Just sit tight - it'll take a few days to get some answers for everything and everyone, but we're working on it.

Yes, as I said somewhere else, I see no reason for blaming mods and admins for what happened there and then, you can't be everywhere every time. As for preventing it in the future, I don't see how that is so difficult. Just ban the assholes who attack band members with obnoxious, spiteful harassment when they come by. It is really not much to expect from a fan site who want to foster a good relationship between the fan base and the band, a fan site who wants to come across as band friendly, not band hostile. And even if the assholes just register with a new account and still are present to do damage later, at least it sends a clear message from the admins that such behaviour is completely unacceptable and contrary to this forum's mission and the very reason why the forum exist.

I'll sit tight, no problem.

Edited by SoulMonster

As everybody is probably aware of by now Bumblefoot came here recently to clear up what he called a misunderstanding regarding some private comments he made on the Better video and GN'R in general. I think most of us agree it was an attempt at damage control. Regardless to the prelude to his visit and why he came, it was a great opportunity for fans of GN'R and fans of Bumblefoot to interact with the band member who is by far the most welcoming, friendly, and accommodating to the fan base. A rare opportunity, really. It should have been a great moment for mygnrforum since the rest of the band seem to boycott such opportunities. Bumblefoot was met with a harangue of insulting comments and ad hominem attacks which we are used to here daily, but which I never thought would be used on the rare occasion when a band member came here to talk with us. It was sad to see apparently grown-up men attack Bumblefoot as if he is the one calling the shots in GN'R, as if he is the reason old lineups broke up, as if he is the reason people are bitter about what happens with GN'R, as if he is Axl Rose. It was completely uncalled for. And although I am used to people bashing a band I love daily, I never would have thought people wouldn't be able to show a minimum of respect and courtesy to Bumblefoot, a hard-working, über-friendly band member. Of course I am talking about a small minority here, but a very vocal minority.

The result of this sad spectacle was Bumblefoot's decision to not come here again, or at any other forum besides gunsnroses.com. The fans of the current band lost on this.

I am not blaming the mods or the admins for not being able to stop it while it happened. My question is simple: What will the admins do to prevent anything similar happening in the future? One might agree BBA and Bobbo should have been banned much earlier so we didn't end up in this unfortunate situation, but what will be done to them now? Are the admins content with this place being considered a band hostile site because of the actions of a few bad apples, and not a band friendly site?

Personally I am disappointed it came to this, but I trust that the admins will take necessary action to regain the trust of not only the band itself but also the number of fans who actually are here to support the band and want to enjoy the rare occasion when a band member slips by to have a civil, friendly chat with him.

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/193296-bumblefoot-blacklists-mygnrforum-and-other-fan-forums/page__pid__3223592__st__120#entry3223592

Fact is that you simply can't prevent people from being assholes on the internet. It's that simple. One of those "this is why we cant have nice things" deals.

I can't blame bumblefoot for not wanting to come here anymore. But I can't imagine he ever assumed that everybody on the internet will just be nice to him either.

Every public figure and/or band has both supporters and protesters. And in GnR's case they're both here no matter who or what you are. So you WILL get shit.

Whether or not he wants to deal with that is up to him and if he doesn't that's a fair choice.

Agreed.

Absolutely perfectly put, thank you!:devilshades: