Axl Rose is not a hasbeen and here's why...

Towelie

and continues to play it safe through the ridiculous emphasis he still relies for the old material to put asses in the seats.

Relying on classic Guns N' Roses songs when playing Guns N' Roses concerts to an audience who mainly want to hear the classic material -- while still playing 5-8 songs from the most recent album! -- is not a "ridiculous emphasis on old material", it is giving the audience what they want while still showcasing the new songs and overall giving a kick-ass show few in the industry can match. I am sorry this is beyond you, but, to be honest, I think you are aware of this and just post crap to rile up people. Sad, really.

Saying that "axl's (sic) goal was to take a revenge on slash by proving that he could build a new guns n'roses" is pure conjecture. I believe that in Axl's mind there was a GN'R before Slash and he sees GN'R existing without him. Axl formed GN'R with Tracii and Izzy, they bailed, and it's Axl's band. He can tour and record with whomever he wants.

He took his sweet time releasing an album that he wanted to make and even four years later he stands by it by playing several of the songs live. He has a killer band, a strong legacy and a fanbase that still wants to see him live. I don't see that as "failing miserably."

If you don't like Chinese Democracy, that's fine. People are entitled to their opinion. But to say that he is a failure because he isn't living up to your standards really isn't fair. No wonder Axl doesn't like to come here, he has the worst "fans" in the world.

Brilliant, just brilliant. Thank you.

I never really respected Axl much at the beginning of his career, but the way he stubbornly refuses to cave in to what others want but instead insists on playing the game his way, is pretty admirable. He does what he wants, regardless of what others think and the amount of flak he receives as a result, and that requires quite a lot of integrity which I must respect.

Oh, Soulmonster, I just love how you take just fragments of what I said, a small piece to a bigger puzzle, and ignore the rest of the points raised.

It's fact that people are going to the shows because Axl keeps playing it safe and milks the cow dry. By now, there should be more of a delicate balance between nu material and old stuff. Give or take 50/50. Otherwise, you can't blame people for calling it a glorified karaoke outfit. Regardless of WHY that has't happened, it's beyond ridiculous Axl still puts THAT much emphasis on yesteryear all these years later, and I would love to see what would happen to attendance if he followed VR's and Slash's lead, and kept his heyday GNR stuff to a minimal and let his current outfit try and stand on their own two feet.

Nothing beyond me. Just, as usual, calling a spade, a spade.

Edited by Bobbo

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Check your facts again asshole 8302 and no need for anymore of your bullshit private message. Guns did not outsell def Leppard for the past 10 years, last year Leppard averaged 8,364 per show grossing 19 million compared to Guns doing 6,400 per show and grossing 11 million. Oh wait, Its not fair, Its not fair. You Double Talking Jive motherfucker.

AGAIN, they weren't touring by themselves, they were touring with HEART and they played TEN MORE SHOWS than GUNS, so again, you're an ass hat.

So, what your saying Is that Heart was the determining factor In Def Leppard having a larger attendance then Guns N Roses, If so ,out of the 8,364 how many fans do you think was there because Heart was on the bill.

and continues to play it safe through the ridiculous emphasis he still relies for the old material to put asses in the seats.

Relying on classic Guns N' Roses songs when playing Guns N' Roses concerts to an audience who mainly want to hear the classic material -- while still playing 5-8 songs from the most recent album! -- is not a "ridiculous emphasis on old material", it is giving the audience what they want while still showcasing the new songs and overall giving a kick-ass show few in the industry can match. I am sorry this is beyond you, but, to be honest, I think you are aware of this and just post crap to rile up people. Sad, really.

Saying that "axl's (sic) goal was to take a revenge on slash by proving that he could build a new guns n'roses" is pure conjecture. I believe that in Axl's mind there was a GN'R before Slash and he sees GN'R existing without him. Axl formed GN'R with Tracii and Izzy, they bailed, and it's Axl's band. He can tour and record with whomever he wants.

He took his sweet time releasing an album that he wanted to make and even four years later he stands by it by playing several of the songs live. He has a killer band, a strong legacy and a fanbase that still wants to see him live. I don't see that as "failing miserably."

If you don't like Chinese Democracy, that's fine. People are entitled to their opinion. But to say that he is a failure because he isn't living up to your standards really isn't fair. No wonder Axl doesn't like to come here, he has the worst "fans" in the world.

Brilliant, just brilliant. Thank you.

I never really respected Axl much at the beginning of his career, but the way he stubbornly refuses to cave in to what others want but instead insists on playing the game his way, is pretty admirable. He does what he wants, regardless of what others think and the amount of flak he receives as a result, and that requires quite a lot of integrity which I must respect.

Oh, Soulmonster, I just love how you take just fragments of what I said, a small piece to a bigger puzzle, and ignore the rest of the points raised.

It's fact that people are going to the shows because Axl keeps playing it safe and milks the cow dry. By now, there should be more of a delicate balance between nu material and old stuff. Give or take 50/50. Otherwise, you can't blame people for calling it a glorified karaoke outfit. Regardless of WHY that has't happened, it's beyond ridiculous Axl still puts THAT much emphasis on yesteryear all these years later, and I would love to see what would happen to attendance if he followed VR's and Slash's lead, and kept his heyday GNR stuff to a minimal and let his current outfit try and stand on their own two feet.

hey guy, just dropping by to let you know the following....

1. OH yeah he's playing it safe omg..... He is 50 years old and plays 3 HOUR SHOWS

2. HE PLAYS 7 SONGS (IF NOT MORE) FROM CHINESE DEMOCRACY AT THESE SHOWS. (which is a normal setlist for most bands today) HAHAH

3. Only you and your buddy, mr. cupcakes, say this karaoke thing. Well and the media, you know the ones who want to know WHO MARRIED WHO!?!?!

Edited by GNRFan53

Check your facts again asshole 8302 and no need for anymore of your bullshit private message. Guns did not outsell def Leppard for the past 10 years, last year Leppard averaged 8,364 per show grossing 19 million compared to Guns doing 6,400 per show and grossing 11 million. Oh wait, Its not fair, Its not fair. You Double Talking Jive motherfucker.

AGAIN, they weren't touring by themselves, they were touring with HEART and they played TEN MORE SHOWS than GUNS, so again, you're an ass hat.

So, what your saying Is that Heart was the determining factor In Def Leppard having a larger attendance then Guns N Roses, If so ,out of the 8,364 how many fans do you think was there because Heart was on the bill.

I have no idea, what don't you ask someone who gives a shit?

Well in some parts of the world gnr can play stadiums like south and central america,germany some eastern europe countries (bulgaria,romania),japan,australia,india...gnr is big band maybe not bih like in 90'es,but still big...

They are big, but not as big as ironmt's girlfriends ass... that shit is HUGE!

That's what I thought.

Well in some parts of the world gnr can play stadiums like south and central america,germany some eastern europe countries (bulgaria,romania),japan,australia,india...gnr is big band maybe not bih like in 90'es,but still big...

And certainly not as big as your mothers. At least that's what I was told after she was gangbanged and left along the road.

That's what I thought.

And certainly not as big as your mothers. At least that's what I was told after she was gangbanged and left along the road.

I think it's great of you to join in with your funny joke, you've really lifted our spirits. :thumbsup:

Absolutely, no dispute whatsoever, It would be nice If that was still the case In the U.S

Absolutely, no dispute whatsoever, It would be nice If that was still the case In the U.S

It wouldn't be nice for you, because you're not a fan.

So attending concerts, having 50 shows on DVD, listening to guns music on a daily basis and having guns n roses related tattoos from shoulder to wrist doesn't constitute being a fan? Would you mind telling me what It takes?

So attending concerts, having 50 shows on DVD, listening to guns music on a daily basis and having guns n roses related tattoos from shoulder to wrist doesn't constitute being a fan? Would you mind telling me what It takes?

Don't take it personal haha, look through this guy's posts and you will see all he is ever up to is trolling. He will probably cupcake this post tbh.

So you guys are downgrading Motley ticket sales because of Poison being an opener......but you dont apply the same logic to GnR's opening bands? Why the double standard?

[/quote

There will always be a double standard even though both Motley and Leppard both averaged more people per show.

i love how soulmonster completely despises posts starting with "i think".

dude, it's a discussion board. facts are cool and all but not everybody here really wants to know how many tickets GNR sold or who came up with the name. if you have fun looking for gnr stats, great but stop with the "keep your thoughts for yourself" bullshit. you are not a mod. you are a nobody. just relax and let people discuss. for god's sake what an asshole. if you think you are a better fan just because you know axl's penis size, good for you. but i think you should really care just about the music or it becomes a little creepy, specially if you're a grown man. not sure about that.

Axl is very lucky to still have such a big fanbase. I don't know what band is bigger. I only know GNR situation is ridiculous and the band is a joke nowadays.

Edited by maynard

And I just love how you mange to write completely moronic sentences within the rest of your garble for me to have fun with.

I am sorry you think they should play 50/50 new and old songs, not because I wish you weren't disappointed -- because I find your absurd expectations entertaining -- but because that means your delusion and lack of grounding probably causes you to make an ass of yourself on many other arenas of life. And please pick up a dictionary and learn what 'karaoke' means.

i love how soulmonster completely despises posts starting with "i think".

dude, it's a discussion board. facts are cool and all but not everybody here really wants to know how many tickets GNR sold or who came up with the name. if you have fun looking for gnr stats, great but stop with the "keep your thoughts for yourself" bullshit. you are not a mod. you are a nobody. just relax and let people discuss. for god's sake what an asshole. if you think you are a better fan just because you know axl's penis size, good for you. but i think you should really care just about the music or it becomes a little creepy, specially if you're a grown man. not sure about that.

Axl is very lucky to still have such a big fanbase. I don't know what band is bigger. I only know GNR situation is ridiculous and the band is a joke nowadays.

Heh, only when "I think" obviously isn't following an actual thinking process... ;)

As for the facts thing, I can understand why you are not a fan of them :thumbsup: . Personally, I prefer to discuss things that are not proven by facts, I don't see the point in flogging a dead horse.

Edited by SoulMonster

What a geek! ahahahahahah