Do you have any expectations for Axl beyond releasing CD II?

Randy Lahey

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After the previous album i'm not expecting anything. If and when they do mention another album, you might as well add 10+ years on until release time. That rules out any live shows, as Axl will be too old. Maybe this is why is choosing to stay on the road, as this could be in effect his finnal live shows, before he turns 100% recluse.

I dont expect there to be another album ever. As far as the trilogy, didnt axl say that UYI was going to be like 4 cds???

Wishful thinking but i dont think the label wants anything to do with it

well....to be fair, UYI WAS four LPs.

on vinyl anyway.

Yeah in an interview before UYI's he specified that they are one album on two separate 2 CDs, 4 LPs.

I dont expect there to be another album ever. As far as the trilogy, didnt axl say that UYI was going to be like 4 cds???

Wishful thinking but i dont think the label wants anything to do with it

well....to be fair, UYI WAS four LPs.

on vinyl anyway.

Man, those albums were great!

That's the direction I'd wish they'd go in the next album, just pure rock n roll, :)

You cunts are off your rockers if you really think such as a thing as "CD II" exists.......fucking sheep!! Get your heads outta the sand you dumbass fucks!!

cd 2 exists based on the songs robin, bucket, and brain recorded that didn't make cd1. songs like soulmonster and the general

Stop fucking calling it that!

This is Guns N' Roses.

We are not waiting on a Chinese Democracy album.

This is a GUNS N' ROSES album they'll be making.

If were all gonna just call it CD 2 we might as the fuck well get the entire forum together and just officially change the name of the whole band.

If you are to assume of this band the next record is to be called Chinese Democracy 2 (Really I can't be the only one who sees how re-god-damn-tarded that sounds. just say it! Fuckin retarded! So stop calling it that!)

If all this band has to offer us is nothing but Chinese Democracy, then why not just call this band Chinese Democracy?

Really! If all we have is Chinese Democracy and Guns N' Roses is truly dead.....

Than the band NAME IS Chinese Democracy and there first CD Just so happened to be called Guns N' Roses.

Is that what you want? No? Yes?

Either way, stop fucking calling it that, whenever you assume to call the next record CD 2 you make an ass of yourself and sound SO stupid it actually pisses me off to the point where I actually gotta waste my time writing this shit.

Is it so hard to just simply say "The next CD"?

Quit being fuckin retarded people!

Why am I even on this planet?

You know theres something wrong with humanity when I actually have to EXPLAIN why Dark Knight Rises sucked SO bad!

2nd worst movie EVER made!

Edited by supersillyspacemonkey

This is Guns N' Roses.

If were all gonna just call it CD 2 we might as the fuck well get the entire forum together and just officially change the name of the whole band.

If you are to assume of this band the next record is to be called Chinese Democracy 2 (Really I can't be the only one who sees how re-god-damn-tarded that sounds. just say it! Fuckin retarded! So stop calling it that!)

If all this band has to offer us is nothing but Chinese Democracy, then why not just call this band Chinese Democracy?

Really! If all we have is Chinese Democracy and Guns N' Roses is truly dead.....

Than the band NAME IS Chinese Democracy and there first CD Just so happened to be called Guns N' Roses.

Either way, stop fucking calling it that, whenever you assume to call the next record CD 2 you make an ass of yourself and sound SO stupid it actually pisses me off to the point where I actually gotta waste my time writing this shit.

You know theres something wrong with humanity when I actually have to EXPLAIN why Dark Knight Rises sucked SO bad!

it is called chinese democracy 2. because the album is all the songs recorded by robin, bucket, and brain we've yet to hear. from the chinese democracy recording sessions. why the internet guns n roses fans call the next guns n roses record chinese democracy 2. because that's what it is

If we're talking about our own selfish expectations, I'd personally propose that Axl just stays at home and releases music a la Radiohead through his own distribution channels. Get the labels, management and bullshit out of the way and just focus on releasing whatever music is interesting him at that point in time (whether it be rock, alternative, classical, piano-driven, etc). Assuming his finances are in order that he doesn't need to tour to pay his business costs, I'm not sure why he'd want to spend so many days of the year running around the world playing the same songs.

If Axl wants to focus on releasing music, then make that the primary focus. Become like the Beatles and ditch the live performances.

If he wants to tour with the focus on previously released music, I'd prefer he just reformed the old (classic) lineup and do it that way. For me, I don't see much point in touring the old material with people who had nothing to do with it if he's given up on GNR being a viable artistic band. Either focus on new music or give Slash a call because these Appetite for Democracy shows are getting boring as a hardcore fan.

Edited by downzy

If we're talking about our own selfish expectations, I'd personally propose that Axl just stays at home and releases music a la Radiohead through his own distribution channels. Get the labels, management and bullshit out of the way and just focus on releasing whatever music is interesting him at that point in time (whether it be rock, alternative, classical, piano-driven, etc). Assuming his finances are in order that he doesn't need to tour to pay his business costs, I'm not sure why he'd want to spend so many days of the year running around the world playing the same songs.

If Axl wants to focus on releasing music, then make that the primary focus. Become like the Beatles and ditch the live performances.

If he wants to tour with the focus on previously released music, I'd prefer he just reformed the old (classic) lineup and do it that way. For me, I don't see much point in touring the old material with people who had nothing to do with it if he's given up on GNR being a viable artistic band. Either focus on new music or give Slash a call because these Appetite for Democracy shows are getting boring as a hardcore fan.

LOL... please Axl, don't do this. ^

I don't get some of you guys, maybe not you, but a lot of the pro-classic lineup people are like "Axl is washed up and he is a sellout all he cares about is money and not about his fans"

did you know that if he reunites with his fellow band members, that would be the ultimate SELL OUT?

I mean he is doing what he wants, when he wants and where he wants. He has full control of every decision concerning Guns.

We know he, along with the other members of the AFD lineup would hate the vibe surrounding a reunion. It would be awkward and just pure depressing, for them personally.

Maybe not for the pro-classic lineup group of people who don't understand the things ALL of them would have to leave to be in that situation.

wait... and how are the Appetite for Democracy shows boring when they haven't even happened yet? O.o

they playing the same songs because people like it. while has people to go the shows to hear "just a litlle patience"..they will be there

Anyone knows how much is the cache of band?

Not really the case seeing as they don't always play Patience at their shows.

I don't agree about people going to shows expecting certain songs. They see "Guns N Roses" and buy the tickets, that's just it, and I'm sure they love it. I know several people who went to the show in Dallas and aren't huge fans and they loved the show.

they playing the same songs because people like it. while has people to go the shows to hear "just a litlle patience"..they will be there

I don't agree about people going to shows expecting certain songs. They see "Guns N Roses" and buy the tickets, that's just it, and I'm sure they love it. I know several people who went to the show in Dallas and aren't huge fans and they loved the show.

Let me explain better I wanna say several people as me always will shows to listen AFD songs even GNR release 10 New CDS. I love Chinese song´s however old ones brings teenager memories (do you know what i mean? sorry for bad english).

Can seem joke but many people who went shows dont know Slash got out 20 years later

Let me explain better I wanna say several people as me always will shows to listen AFD songs even GNR release 10 New CDS. I love Chinese song´s however old ones brings teenager memories (do you know what i mean? sorry for bad english).

Can seem joke but many people who went shows dont know Slash got out 20 years later

K you have a point. Alot of people at the show thought Slash was still in the band.

I don't get some of you guys, maybe not you, but a lot of the pro-classic lineup people are like "Axl is washed up and he is a sellout all he cares about is money and not about his fans"

did you know that if he reunites with his fellow band members, that would be the ultimate SELL OUT?

I mean he is doing what he wants, when he wants and where he wants. He has full control of every decision concerning Guns.

We know he, along with the other members of the AFD lineup would hate the vibe surrounding a reunion. It would be awkward and just pure depressing, for them personally.

Maybe not for the pro-classic lineup group of people who don't understand the things ALL of them would have to leave to be in that situation.

wait... and how are the Appetite for Democracy shows boring when they haven't even happened yet? O.o

Lol, so you must have skipped where I stated at the beginning that these expectations were based on MY OWN selfish interests.

Do you honestly expect the Appetite for Democracy shows to be any different than what we've seen the past six years? It's going to be the same shows that they've been doing since 2006, if you think otherwise, prepare to be disappointed. Fuck, the name of the residency shows reveals what you're going to hear. More of the same.

You speak about vibe and how horrible it would be if the classic lineup reformed. Really? Guess you haven't seen the youtube clips of Axl on stage with Izzy and Duff. Seemed like a much better vibe than watching guys like Finck, DJ and Tommy "get into" songs that they were never really fans of before joining the band. Yeah, you may not see Axl hanging off Slash during his SCOM performance, but supposing that the vibe would be horrible with a reformed classic lineup is ignoring what we've seen before at worst and conjecture at best.

Ultimately, I'm not sure what was the point of continuing on with the GNR brand if it's nothing other than a vehicle for Axl to capitalize on old material. Selling out is a relative term; it means many things to many people. For some, reforming with the classic lineup for the sake of the fans and money could be viewed as selling out. Fair enough. But for others, continuing on with the name because of the financial recoup of being the sole member could also be viewed as selling out.

As someone who has seen Axl's band 14 times since 2002, I just don't get excited anymore when the band hits the road. I'm happy for those who go and have a good time, but I'm starting wonder what the point to all of this was if the endeavor only produces one new album. I'm more inclined to support the guy if he just stayed home and released music that he was into than hearing him rehash the same old songs with a group of players that had little or nothing to do with it. Again, this is just my opinion as I have experienced this band as a fan. Others, with different histories, likely have a different perspective.

Lol, so you must have skipped where I stated at the beginning that these expectations were based on MY OWN selfish interests.

Do you honestly expect the Appetite for Democracy shows to be any different than what we've seen the past six years? It's going to be the same shows that they've been doing since 2006, if you think otherwise, prepare to be disappointed. Fuck, the name of the residency shows reveals what you're going to hear. More of the same.

You speak about vibe and how horrible it would be if the classic lineup reformed. Really? Guess you haven't seen the youtube clips of Axl on stage with Izzy and Duff. Seemed like a much better vibe than watching guys like Finck, DJ and Tommy "get into" songs that they were never really fans of before joining the band. Yeah, you may not see Axl hanging off Slash during his SCOM performance, but supposing that the vibe would be horrible with a reformed classic lineup is ignoring what we've seen before at worst and conjecture at best.

Ultimately, I'm not sure what was the point of continuing on with the GNR brand if it's nothing other than a vehicle for Axl to capitalize on old material. Selling out is a relative term; it means many things to many people. For some, reforming with the classic lineup for the sake of the fans and money could be viewed as selling out. Fair enough. But for others, continuing on with the name because of the financial recoup of being the sole member could also be viewed as selling out.

As someone who has seen Axl's band 14 times since 2002, I just don't get excited anymore when the band hits the road. I'm happy for those who go and have a good time, but I'm starting wonder what the point to all of this was if the endeavor only produces one new album. I'm more inclined to support the guy if he just stayed home and released music that he was into than hearing him rehash the same old songs with a group of players that had little or nothing to do with it. Again, this is just my opinion as I have experienced this band as a fan. Others, with different histories, likely have a different perspective.

Yeah I did ignore that first sentence of your post, sorry about that. Yeah, your history is way more active than mine when it comes to seeing them live. I guess I could see your situation... being bored with the same ole same ole. See for me I am just glad he is up and doing something. Those dark days of nothing are so horrible that, for me atleast, when they get back on the road, I am ecstatic... and yeah of course I've seen every Duff/Izzy performance with current GN'R and it is a great sight for sure, but when you come to terms with reality and the likelihood of a reunion happening... and the differences between Slash and Axl, it brings a lot of negativity up.

And I am a strong Axl supporter, always have been, so i'm just bias.

Yeah I did ignore that first sentence of your post, sorry about that. Yeah, your history is way more active than mine when it comes to seeing them live. I guess I could see your situation... being bored with the same ole same ole. See for me I am just glad he is up and doing something. Those dark days of nothing are so horrible that, for me atleast, when they get back on the road, I am ecstatic... and yeah of course I've seen every Duff/Izzy performance with current GN'R and it is a great sight for sure, but when you come to terms with reality and the likelihood of a reunion happening... and the differences between Slash and Axl, it brings a lot of negativity up.

I get what you're saying, and as a fan, I would much rather see Axl touring and putting on "Guns N' Roses" shows than retiring (though again, others here would likely disagree with me on this point). I was around from 1993 to 2001 when being a GNR fan was an exercise in existentialism. But as someone who is a fan of Axl's music, if given a choice between seeing the same show over and over again and having Axl concentrate on producing and releasing new music, I'd choose the later. Imagine if GNR were to become a studio act that focused on producing great songs like the Beatles did between late 1966 and 1970. Axl doesn't need to tour, he doesn't need to quarrel with the studio system, he can do whatever he wants. My expectation is that he should make his focus on making great GNR songs and not spend his remaining performance years singing the same old songs that were co-written by people who have long moved on. Realistic or not, that's what I'd expect or want from GNR from this point.

I get what you're saying, and as a fan, I would much rather see Axl touring and putting on "Guns N' Roses" shows than retiring (though again, others here would likely disagree with me on this point). I was around from 1993 to 2001 when being a GNR fan was an exercise in existentialism. But as someone who is a fan of Axl's music, if given a choice between seeing the same show over and over again and having Axl concentrate on producing and releasing new music, I'd choose the later. Imagine if GNR were to become a studio act that focused on producing great songs like the Beatles did between late 1966 and 1970. Axl doesn't need to tour, he doesn't need to quarrel with the studio system, he can do whatever he wants. My expectation is that he should make his focus on making great GNR songs and not spend his remaining performance years singing the same old songs that were co-written by people who have long moved on. Realistic or not, that's what I'd expect or want from GNR from this point.

Fair enough. I'd love some fresh music agreed. I just couldnt stand not being able to see the material live

This is Guns N' Roses.

it is called chinese democracy 2. because the album is all the songs recorded by robin, bucket, and brain we've yet to hear. from the chinese democracy recording sessions. why the internet guns n roses fans call the next guns n roses record chinese democracy 2. because that's what it is

Just fucking NO!

It would make a LOT more sense just to call it Use Your Illusion 3.

The only thing I can think of that could possibly make even less sense would be Appetite For Destruction 2, but that would still be a better idea.