Do you have any expectations for Axl beyond releasing CD II?

Randy Lahey

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If CD2 eventually gets released, I honestly don't see another album after that. It seems like the next album is going to be a long process, and I'd still give it 4 years at least before we hear any mention of a new record. If we take into consideration the last 10 years, how can you come to any other conclusion really, lets be truthful here. Although I obviously wish it wasn't so, but there you go...

Axl has enough material for 2 new albums, but I just think he's going to wind up using a handful of them and work with the band on new songs. It's not weird for someone to have a bunch of stuff in the vault and use some of it on later projects.

Chinese Democracy II & III would've happened had he put out the albums he intended a decade ago. He's talked about "song trilogies", and we might see that happen. But everything he set out to do, did not go the way he wanted it to go. He didn't bury the past, he didn't make an album that made people forget the old lineup, and just made what he felt was a GNR album that most people will still debate that it's not.

I've always got the impression from the interviews that it was going to be heavy touring. I figured GNR would eventually do a residency show, just based on the UCAP shows in NY and LA.

And who knows how long Axl's going to be able to keep singing for. Let's say he does go back in the studio and the sessions go fast, has a new album out by the end of the year. There's no guarantees in about 5 years from now his voice will be able to sing some of the old songs, or might wind up having to scale down and start letting people go. See GNR now, because he could wind up making an announcement that he's retiring from performing. He hasn't given any hints of doing that so far, but I think every performer at a certain age wonders when to call it a day.

Do you have any expectations for Axl beyond someday releasing CD II? I'm sure he'll do more tours, but CD II is mainly what keeps me somewhat interested still.

I think if he does, it'll be minus at least one of the current guitarists he has now, if not more than one - with a ton of delays thrown into the mix

Axl has enough material for 2 new albums, but I just think he's going to wind up using a handful of them and work with the band on new songs. It's not weird for someone to have a bunch of stuff in the vault and use some of it on later projects.

Chinese Democracy II & III would've happened had he put out the albums he intended a decade ago. He's talked about "song trilogies", and we might see that happen. But everything he set out to do, did not go the way he wanted it to go. He didn't bury the past, he didn't make an album that made people forget the old lineup, and just made what he felt was a GNR album that most people will still debate that it's not.

I've always got the impression from the interviews that it was going to be heavy touring. I figured GNR would eventually do a residency show, just based on the UCAP shows in NY and LA.

And who knows how long Axl's going to be able to keep singing for. Let's say he does go back in the studio and the sessions go fast, has a new album out by the end of the year. There's no guarantees in about 5 years from now his voice will be able to sing some of the old songs, or might wind up having to scale down and start letting people go. See GNR now, because he could wind up making an announcement that he's retiring from performing. He hasn't given any hints of doing that so far, but I think every performer at a certain age wonders when to call it a day.

yeah. axl rose sure does have enough material for 2 new chinese democracy albums. material recorded for these albums by robin finck, buckethead, and brain