Axl Rose on Jimmy Kimmel talk show Discussion Thread

ppruks

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets hope he is asked to remove sunnies due to studio glare and his hat due to....well I dunno but to see his face this time would be an even bigger bonus.

Does this interviewer have an audience like Letterman and is he famous with a top rating show? I've never heard of him.

Lets hope he is asked to remove sunnies due to studio glare and his hat due to....well I dunno but to see his face this time would be an even bigger bonus.

Does this interviewer have an audience like Letterman and is he famous with a top rating show? I've never heard of him.

To be honest NONE of those shows have high ratings. More of a cult thing. God I hope he doesnt wear that stupid fedora "Indy, throw me the whip I throw you the idol!" Is all I ever think of when he is wearing that thing. I would rather see the dreads than that thing. Regardless, still cool, and will Tivo it. Way past my bedtime on a school nite. :rolleyes:

This is after the Bridge School, before Vegas. Axl might do an interview with the kids at the Bridge School that will be posted on their site - we'll see.

I've brought this up since ChiDem came out - GNR on the show, playing the roof overlooking Hollywood would be awesome. We'll see if the band's playing or if they're going to be interviewed as well.

Difference with this and Eddie Trunk's is that he's now in front of an audience for the first time since the 80s, and Kimmel's going to keep it really really light.

If you're expecting hard hitting questions, you're going to be disappointed. It's prob. going to be a lot about Vegas, which is also Jimmy's hometown, and we don't know if this is like a GNR takeover show where they have the whole hour, or just Axl coming in to promote the residency.

As far as language goes, you've seen the show, Jimmy gets bleeped way more than the guests do. If they do a live webcast of GNR on the show, they could prob. show it uncensored. They do include songs not aired on the show so they might get an hour long show.

Sometimes Kimmel responds to Tweets,there's prob. someone in production on his show that knows if GNR will be playing, if it doesn't get answered elsewhere.

He might ask about new music and bring up the Rock Hall letter. That's no big deal.

Kimmel's also been known to put guests in skits, that's what I'm curious about.

This is after the Bridge School, before Vegas. Axl might do an interview with the kids at the Bridge School that will be posted on their site - we'll see.

I've brought this up since ChiDem came out - GNR on the show, playing the roof overlooking Hollywood would be awesome. We'll see if the band's playing or if they're going to be interviewed as well.

Difference with this and Eddie Trunk's is that he's now in front of an audience for the first time since the 80s, and Kimmel's going to keep it really really light.

If you're expecting hard hitting questions, you're going to be disappointed. It's prob. going to be a lot about Vegas, which is also Jimmy's hometown, and we don't know if this is like a GNR takeover show where they have the whole hour, or just Axl coming in to promote the residency.

As far as language goes, you've seen the show, Jimmy gets bleeped way more than the guests do. If they do a live webcast of GNR on the show, they could prob. show it uncensored. They do include songs not aired on the show so they might get an hour long show.

Sometimes Kimmel responds to Tweets,there's prob. someone in production on his show that knows if GNR will be playing, if it doesn't get answered elsewhere.

He might ask about new music and bring up the Rock Hall letter. That's no big deal.

Kimmel's also been known to put guests in skits, that's what I'm curious about.

Calm down Beavis.

axl's band will still be a gnr replica after the interview. this ain't going to change anything in the grand scheme of things.

in europe and in most parts of the world, nobody knows who is jimmy kimel and nobody watches his show. so i don't know how this will help axl to write songs and record them. i really don't know.

That is great. Thank God these things are pre interviewed. I have to be honest, it is VERY possible that he is just doing this to promote his shows in Vegas and nothing more. I really think that might be his reasoning, and there wont be any announcement. I know this site and GNR fans tend to get a tad excited when shit like this happens, but please temper our expectations.

I am not trying to be a downer, and think this is really cool, but this could be nothing more, and I feel a revolt coming. Hope it is more, but man, I see the backlash on its way. :nervous:

People are going to say the interview's too softball and nothing new was revealed. Kimmel has to be the one to make for a fun interview. If Axl's in his comfort zone there, he will have people in the audience laughing, keep in mind they're not all there to see him, although the hardcore fans will be the loudest and rowdiest. I figured he'd go on Kimmel or Fallon at some point.

There's a page on Kimmel's site as far as postings, Tweets, etc go.

axl's band will still be a gnr replica after the interview. this ain't going to change anything in the grand scheme of things.

in europe and in most parts of the world, nobody knows who is jimmy kimel and nobody watches his show. so i don't know how this will help axl to write songs and record them. i really don't know.

lol :jerkoff:

He's doing the interview to sell tickets in Vegas and prob. talk about what they have planned for the residency, and might bring India up. Maybe he'll talk about future plans like recording.

I don't really care what is asked or if they perform. So many of us have bitched and moaned for 4 years now that he should do these kind of shows, so we should all be pretty pumped. As long as he shows up this will be pretty awesome.

That being said, any kind of performance would be great to see. This or Jimmy Fallon's show are by far the best fits for him to appear on, in my opinion. It will probably be centered around the Vegas shows but I'd be surprised if they don't talk about some other stuff, too.

This is great!!! Good job Axl. How much you want to bet he is going to be nervous and guarded during the interview. It took about ten minutes into the Trunk interview for Axl to warm up. We shall see.

Kimmel is really funny and has the ability to get guarded individuals to open up. It will be a good interview.

I'm betting he'll probably just talk about the Vegas shows and the previous tour, *maybe* dodge some 'When's the next album coming out?' questions. And honestly, I'm fine with that. I'm just really excited he's doing a 'normal' interview.

You know what is cool about TV? There are literally hundreds of channels. So you don't have to watch, if you even have a TV. There is always a few. There is no negative way to spin this, dude is just gonna get people pumped for the shows and is doing some marketing. Isnt this what everyone was clamoring for him to do?

Damn dude, go diss him on VR.com, I hear they hit there 100th thread. :thumbsup: