PSY's Gangnam Style is number one!

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

Feel good tune and the dance is great fun. Must've done it at least 10 times last friday night. It currently holds the record for the most liked youtube video.

If you've been living under a rock here it is:

i think this is sad.

sad to "artists" like this fuckhead and Bieber and the whole shitty pop culture rising up and be number one.

But thanks to the internet, because smarter people CHOOOSE what they want to listen, not this.

(btw when i'm drunk i can easily dance to this shit :takethat: )

hey're a nice change from the usual american shit and it's an awesome dance move.

Yeah man, LMFAO 2 (the rhytms, the dance, the "loops")

Edited by Crash Diet

It's so clever to have an easy dance routine for people to follow in your videos and a good gimmick to get loads of airplay. People will watch the video over and over and will get the song stuck in their head and it'll gain popularity. Kind of like the Macerena, Saturday night, Ketchup song etc.

Having a good video is so important.

Slightly different but I LOVE Michael Jackson and all his songs are solid but when you think about it, the videos were so amazing it made you watch them over and over so you got to like the song even more.

Take November Rain too. That's always shown on MTV to this day. I bet people have got to like the song and the band through the airplay that video got.

Edited by Sleeping Like An Angel

It's so clever to have an easy dance routine for people to follow in your videos and a good gimmick to get loads of airplay. People will watch the video over and over and will get the song stuck in their head and it'll gain popularity. Kind of like the Macerena, Saturday night, Ketchup song etc.

Slightly different but I LOVE Michael Jackson and all his songs are solid but when you think about it, the videos were so amazing it made you watch them over and over so you got to like the song even more.

Are you comparing Michael Jackson with that thing?! You crazy lady!!

Btw, 2 of the songs you mentioned are Spanish. facepalm.gif

No, I'm not complaining I love him. I just mean the videos added to his success and popularity. He wouldn't have done as well without them and that's nothing to do with his talent.

There are so many great songs out there that would have done even better if they had a different video.

No, I'm not complaining I love him. I just mean the videos added to his success and popularity. He wouldn't have done as well without them and that's nothing to do with his talent.

There are so many great songs out there that would have done even better if they had a different video.

Yes, but Michael videos were awesome and well done. Gangnam Style video is like a parody of itself. It can be catchy and it's catchy, but it's not a good video at all.

Yes, but Michael videos were awesome and well done. Gangnam Style video is like a parody of itself. It can be catchy and it's catchy, but it's not a good video at all.

I was talking about music videos in general there though when I was on about MJ. Don't worry I wasn't comparing him to PSY. Dear God :nervous:

I was talking about music videos in general there though when I was on about MJ. Don't worry I wasn't comparing him to PSY. Dear God :nervous:

Yeah, you can't go doing that.

After all, none of MJ's videos have ever gotten more than 120 million views on the 'Tube. PSY is on about... 4 times that number now. :shades:

They're similar in that they attract they effectively capture the mainstream public's attention. That was her point.

They're similar in that they attract they effectively capture the mainstream public's attention. That was her point.

I understand and she is right, but I still think both things can't be compared at all. Honey and shit attract flies, but they are completely different.