O2 show to be shown in German Cinema's

OptimusPrimeNL

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DVD?! That's nice although it shouldn't really have Izzy on it if the focus is on the current band... I have nothing against Izzy performing with GNR but to think that the "highlight" of the only new DVD is going to be an old member appearing for a few songs is in my opinion too much nostalgia.

Stop moaning, for christ sake.

DVD?! That's nice although it shouldn't really have Izzy on it if the focus is on the current band... I have nothing against Izzy performing with GNR but to think that the "highlight" of the only new DVD is going to be an old member appearing for a few songs is in my opinion too much nostalgia.

Stop moaning, for christ sake.

I'm not typically a moaner. Do not get me wrong I think the fact they're seriously putting a DVD out is honestly awesome regardless of Izzy.

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

I'm wondering if the models sitting at the side of the stage will be prominent on the feature.

They spent over half the show out the back drinking with the crew :o

I sent them a message on facebook two days ago, and got a reply today.

This is what I sent:

"Hi.

Thank you for keeping us updated on the Guns N' Roses O2 recordings. I got a couple questions about it, and was hoping you could answer them.

Will the sound from the show be edited/mixed/mastered? Or will it be a raw unedited version (like a live stream would be?)

Will the vocals (or anything else) be overdubbed by studio recordings?

Is it planned to be shown in theaters? Will it be released on DVD? Only on the internet (free?) ?"

Reply:

"Simon,

Thanks for your questions.

The sound has been mastered, but nothing will be overdubbed by studio recordings. It will be a great live experience.

Yes, it will be released in movie theaters. And yes, there will be a DVD. The VoD stream will not be free, but it will be very reasonably priced and can be watched in 720p HD quality (provided your bandwidth permits)"

Great news!

Now, I don't have a twitter account, but could you or anyone else ask if there will be a Blu Ray as well?

It's shot in HD after all... ask if it's 1080p.

Oh holy mother of fucking Jesus Shit. What the fucking fuck??!!!!

Put out ANY fucking show from 2010. ANY FUCKING ONE! Not this weak-ass, no rasp, weedy falsetto dross.

And not that I ever had a problem in the beginning with the idea of New Guns but don't advertise them with slogans that relate to the other 4 people who aren't there anymore i.e. most dangerous band in the world. Whoever put that on there and for whatever reason is a douche. It's 2012, that band isn't dangerous to anyone. It'd be like Bon Jovi calling themselves the hot ladykillers, coming to a town near you.

Actually, one thing might come out of this: all of the idiots who claim that Axl's shitty vocals in 2011 and 2012 were down to poor quality youtube recordings and that he sounded amazing at their show blasted through a giant PA with thousands of people singing along, they'll finally have to admit that what's going into the mic at the front end is the same weak-ass crap you can hear in every youtube video and brilliantly-recorded-from-near-the-back flac bootleg.

The web is full of terrible, embarassing pro-shot from the last Rio and plenty of awful performances captured in great quality on iphone 4's from the last few years. Please for the sake of fuck give us something to be proud of and put out a 2010 show.

Erm...what?:blink:

I don't get whats so hard to understand. Jordan is absolutely right. No he's not trolling. No he's not hating. I'm not trolling. I'm not hating. Axl was generally FUCKING INCREDIBLE in 2010. Don't know why - why was that particular year so standout?? I heard vocals (Rocket Queen always sticks in mind) that to me where the BEST I'd EVER heard in 2010 - better than 80s/90s even. I don't get why the vocals change so much. But only fans with blinkers on can't tell 2010 apart from all other eras.

And yes I have seen the band live numerous times including the year in question.

I really don't care if this wasn't Axls' best concert. It's still Guns N' Roses anno 2012. They put on an amazing show, and I'm excited to get this professionally filmed in high definition, with a very good mastered sound. And on top of that, we get to see it in the movie theaters with even better sound. What more can you ask for?

They also played older songs they don't play too often, with Izzy. Seems like a perfect DVD to me.

This + Axl interview = Good days.

Can't wait to lean back in the seat, with my baconsnack in one hand and a beer in the other, when the intro to Chinese Democracy sneaks it's way through the speakers in the cinema. :popcorn:

Edited by Jeez

Put out ANY fucking show from 2010. ANY FUCKING ONE! Not this weak-ass, no rasp, weedy falsetto dross.

And not that I ever had a problem in the beginning with the idea of New Guns but don't advertise them with slogans that relate to the other 4 people who aren't there anymore i.e. most dangerous band in the world. Whoever put that on there and for whatever reason is a douche. It's 2012, that band isn't dangerous to anyone. It'd be like Bon Jovi calling themselves the hot ladykillers, coming to a town near you.

Actually, one thing might come out of this: all of the idiots who claim that Axl's shitty vocals in 2011 and 2012 were down to poor quality youtube recordings and that he sounded amazing at their show blasted through a giant PA with thousands of people singing along, they'll finally have to admit that what's going into the mic at the front end is the same weak-ass crap you can hear in every youtube video and brilliantly-recorded-from-near-the-back flac bootleg.

The web is full of terrible, embarassing pro-shot from the last Rio and plenty of awful performances captured in great quality on iphone 4's from the last few years. Please for the sake of fuck give us something to be proud of and put out a 2010 show.

I don't get whats so hard to understand. Jordan is absolutely right. No he's not trolling. No he's not hating. I'm not trolling. I'm not hating. Axl was generally FUCKING INCREDIBLE in 2010. Don't know why - why was that particular year so standout?? I heard vocals (Rocket Queen always sticks in mind) that to me where the BEST I'd EVER heard in 2010 - better than 80s/90s even. I don't get why the vocals change so much. But only fans with blinkers on can't tell 2010 apart from all other eras.

And yes I have seen the band live numerous times including the year in question.

Please don't patronize me, I know he's not a "hater" etc im not stupid and I understand what he's saying but i completely disagree. To me, there was little to no difference in the shows I saw in 2010 versus 2012 and in fact, the Manchester 2012 was head and shoulders better than anything I've heard from him since 2006. Furthermore, I think the internet vocal mix experts WAY WAY over analyze Axl's vocals. But hey, just my opinion.

Please don't patronize me, I know he's not a "hater" etc im not stupid and I understand what he's saying but i completely disagree. To me, there was little to no difference in the shows I saw in 2010 versus 2012 and in fact, the Manchester 2012 was head and shoulders better than anything I've heard from him since 2006. Furthermore, I think the internet vocal mix experts WAY WAY over analyze Axl's vocals. But hey, just my opinion.

Even as a die-hard Axl Rose fan I can tell you that there was noticeably a different way Axl sounded from 2010 to 2012. In some shows, like Philly, the rasp was in full force in some songs. But, most of the time he sang with the clean vocals. I don't know if it's because he's getting older, he want's to keep his rasp for recording in the studio, or he just doesn't want to use the rasp anymore, but it went somewhere. It is unfortunate that we couldn't get the London 2010 show on DVD as well. Axl was awesome at that show.

It's great news, but I don't get it? Cinema? Sounds like only a hardcore fan will go?

It will be released on DVD as well.

Edited by GNR123GNR456

Even as a die-hard Axl Rose fan I can tell you that there was noticeably a different way Axl sounded from 2010 to 2012. In some shows, like Philly, the rasp was in full force in some songs. But, most of the time he sang with the clean vocals. I don't know if it's because he's getting older, he want's to keep his rasp for recording in the studio, or he just doesn't want to use the rasp anymore, but it went somewhere. It is unfortunate that we couldn't get the London 2010 show on DVD as well. Axl was awesome at that show.

It's great news, but I don't get it? Cinema? Sounds like only a hardcore fan will go?

I may well me in the minority then...I believe you, I just HONESTLY dont get it?

I like that Izzy appears on this one, but I hate the fact that they didn't play Madagascar during that show. The first new Gn'R live release and the song which was the first one recorded and one of the first ones played is not featured?

Also, on setlist.fm it says that the ending of November Rain was restarted. I'm curious if they edited it out or if they just left the whole footage unedited, with all the jams and breaks between the songs (and the encore break).

I may well me in the minority then...I believe you, I just HONESTLY dont get it?

It's just a preference some have that I agree is over-exaggerated. I prefer the cleaner tone, especially on the ballads.

If anything I think Axl makes a conscious decision to not strain his chest voice to hit certain higher notes that it shouldn't be used to hit, and I think based on how he sounds, he sings with a more open throat. I understand some may prefer the raspier sound, but the way that sound is often achieved isn't particularly healthy for your vocal cords.

Ali