O2 show to be shown in German Cinema's

OptimusPrimeNL

Axl sounds like shit in this video. Management should be stopping this from ever being released. They should release the 2010 London show.

Put the 2010 show out! I feel sorry for all the posters who missed the 2010 shows.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsbhd6nLLek

Whatever man Axl sounds just fine. Would you prefer Rio 2011 vocals?

Both Rio and London 2012 suck. I don't understand why they won't release one of the 2010 shows where Axl actually sounded really good.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe some think he is singing better now than he did in the 90s :scared:

Why?? Listen to the outro of any 2010 rocket queen. Then listen to the outro of RQ ritz 88...

88 doesn't have to be better just because it was GNRs heyday. Axl was beyond insane on particular songs in 2010. Don't know exactly why but he just was and on some songs the best I've ever heard him IMO. It actually boggles the mind how much his voice changes from tour to rour/year to year.

I can't believe some think he is singing better now than he did in the 90s :scared:

Why?? Listen to the outro of any 2010 rocket queen. Then listen to the outro of RQ ritz 88...

88 doesn't have to be better just because it was GNRs heyday. Axl was beyond insane on particular songs in 2010. Don't know exactly why but he just was and on some songs the best I've ever heard him IMO. It actually boggles the mind how much his voice changes from tour to rour/year to year.

88 isn't the 90s right? Anyway I don't think his voice during the outro of RQ in ritz 88 was that bad (just heard it).. But I don't see the logic of comparing the outro of one song at one gig in 88 to a whole year? His voice was without a doubt better when he was younger. That said, I'm not denying his voice was better in 2010 than in 2012.

Edited by Jeez

i'm kinda biased from going to some of the Australian shows (with sydney being Axls best), but I have to be honest even with the bootlegs of the australian shows and other 2010 shows Axl sounds a lot better then at the show their releasing.

I wouldn't buy this show if it was released on DVD. It's embarrassing that they would even consider putting something like this out. How hard would it be to release one of the 2010 shows? They film every show anyway.

it not embarrassing the trailer is great and so what axl is not at his best at least we are getting a live show dvd and i think axl is doing his best

Both Rio and London 2012 suck. I don't understand why they won't release one of the 2010 shows where Axl actually sounded really good.

They were filmed and recorded?

All shows are recorded, I think. But no with 25 HD cameras.

True - but they still had like a 10-camera HD setup for all the 2010 shows.

They could do like Led Zeppelin is doing with the Blu Ray of their 2007 performance at O2 Arena and incorporate cellphone/audience footage:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Khf8hw14Mwg

They were filmed and recorded?

All shows are recorded, I think. But no with 25 HD cameras.

True - but they still had like a 10-camera HD setup for all the 2010 shows.

They could do like Led Zeppelin is doing with the Blu Ray of their 2007 performance at O2 Arena and incorporate cellphone/audience footage:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Khf8hw14Mwg

That Zeppelin bit is nice

So misleading for the other members 100, 000 records sold, inducted into the HOF, and these guys havent even done nothin except nonstop touring, i hope some new music soon please, hoping Kimmel has some big announcement for a new cd or some shit...fingers crossed

What night was this? The second was half empty (top tier sectioned off), is it from this one?

There's no mention of a DVD/blu-ray release either is there? This seems quite strange to be honest.

Read before you post.. :confused:

It's from the first night at the O2 London - it was sold out.

They've said it will be shown in movie theaters and released on DVD.

What seems strange?

where's the dvd information?

Page 5.

I sent them a message on facebook two days ago, and got a reply today.

This is what I sent:

"Hi.

Thank you for keeping us updated on the Guns N' Roses O2 recordings. I got a couple questions about it, and was hoping you could answer them.

Will the sound from the show be edited/mixed/mastered? Or will it be a raw unedited version (like a live stream would be?)

Will the vocals (or anything else) be overdubbed by studio recordings?

Is it planned to be shown in theaters? Will it be released on DVD? Only on the internet (free?) ?"

Reply:

"Simon,

Thanks for your questions.

The sound has been mastered, but nothing will be overdubbed by studio recordings. It will be a great live experience.

Yes, it will be released in movie theaters. And yes, there will be a DVD. The VoD stream will not be free, but it will be very reasonably priced and can be watched in 720p HD quality (provided your bandwidth permits)"

thanks for listening. hopefully soon have an official pronouncement on the dvd.

When people say Axl's voice is fine for this DVD/cinema release, it's like they think they are better fans!?

Well to me, they just sound like people who don't actually *listen* to the sound at all.

This a good move and a bad move.

Of course everyone is happy something is being released, and the band sounds killer!

But come on... 14 years, YCBM etc - vocals are barely a shell of their original & how we know Axl can STILL perform on good nights.

And this should be showcased to the world in a DVD/cinema release?

When people say Axl's voice is fine for this DVD/cinema release, it's like they think they are better fans!?

Well to me, they just sound like people who don't actually *listen* to the sound at all.

Of course everyone is happy something is being released, and the band sounds killer!

But come on... 14 years, YCBM etc - vocals are barely a shell of their original & how we know Axl can STILL perform on good nights.

So what? Axl sounds better on the Paris 92 broadcast than he does on the Use Your Illusion DVD's, what did that change? What does it matter? It doesn't affect anything. It doesn't mean anything. I was at the show, they were great, I'm sure the dvd will be great too. If you don't like Axl's voice, stop listening to it. Don't buy the DVD.

Edited by axl8302

So what? Axl sounds better on the Paris 92 broadcast than he does on the Use Your Illusion DVD's, what did that change? What does it matter? It doesn't affect anything. It doesn't mean anything. I was at the show, they were great, I'm sure the dvd will be great too. If you don't like Axl's voice, stop listening to it. Don't buy the DVD.

This.

So misleading for the other members 100, 000 records sold, inducted into the HOF, and these guys havent even done nothin except nonstop touring, i hope some new music soon please, hoping Kimmel has some big announcement for a new cd or some shit...fingers crossed

Does it bother you every time someone new joins a famous band? It happens all the time. GNR has accomplished what it has accomplished. Axl and Izzy started it and wrote the vast majority of the classic material. GNR's history doesn't vanish simply because people have come and gone.

How many members of the current band have writing credits on AFD, Lies, or Use Your Illusion I and II--You know, the albums that sold millions of copies and actually made the GN'R name famous in the first place? How many albums or songs has the current lineup put out?

How many members of the current band have writing credits on AFD, Lies, or Use Your Illusion I and II--You know, the albums that sold millions of copies and actually made the GN'R name famous in the first place? How many albums or songs has the current lineup put out?

Two members of the band from the performance in question have writing credits on those albums and additionally, they are the two founders of the band and jointly wrote the vast majority of the albums in question.

If it bothers you that GNR still exists, perhaps you can find a counselor to speak to about it? Doesn't mean GNR shouldn't be able to be proud of their accomplishments.

Hey MSL great post! How you been?