Bumblefoot apologizes to mygnrforum user ignaliza

gunsguy

Ha! No, I don't think so. Do your own work. It's not too hard to look within a thread.

What you call "calling him out on his bullshit" could be called being rude and abrasive by someone else. And, of course, because he responded and called you out, you are going to have the view that he was rude to your mere "calling him out on his bullshit" :rolleyes:

You're talkin' in circles. Dude/chick. (whatever you are) We're done.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha! No, I don't think so. Do your own work. It's not too hard to look within a thread.

What you call "calling him out on his bullshit" could be called being rude and abrasive by someone else. And, of course, because he responded and called you out, you are going to have the view that he was rude to your mere "calling him out on his bullshit" :rolleyes:

You're talkin' in circles. Dude/chick. (whatever you are) We're done.

Nah, you're just too full of your own self-righteousness to admit your fault in what happened.

Ali

Come on now, get real. Bumblefoot was far more unpleasant towards some people than anyone was towards him.

All of us enjoy the drama.

I don't enjoy drama that involves harassment of band members when they drop by this site.

You are ignoring the fact that BBF is the one that actually abused and harassed members. He gets what he deserves.

Err, are you saying that the insults, harangue and derogatory remarks thrown at Bumblefoot came as a result of him first insulting them? No, that is not right and just a weak attempt at revision. This is the crap Bumblefoot was met with when he came here:

Utennavn2.png

Utennavn-10.png

Utennavn3.png

Bumblefoot was man enough to apologize for whatever he said in the chat (after being provoked), are BBA, JohnBonham and Bobbo mature enough to apologize to Bumblefoot, the admins here and to the forum for their unprovoked harassment of Bumblefoot?

I am looking forward to hearing what UK Subs and highvoltage will do about this.

This, and of course SoulMonster is also spinning BBF's damage control visit into something it wasn't. How often and in what circumstances does BBF, or anyone else for that matter, "drop by this site"? And how often is it centered around attacking regular forum members. think about it. you take the LeBeis gang into the equation... heh.

Stop it. I have never claimed Bumblefoot didn't come here in an effort to control damage. But then he stayed on to chat with people.

In fact, Bumblefoot might have come here more often to chat if it weren't for the fact that whenever he comes he is harangued by the usual suspects who hate what has happened to GN'R and everything associated with the current band, even band members like Bumblefoot who are extremely friendly towards the fan base and have no responsibility for whatever the haters are so bitter about. It is pathetic.

Revision? It's interesting that you even have adopted Axl's terminology 100%. The "crap" you quoted are all actually legit questions. It is a fact that he plays cover songs for a living with Axl. Many GNR fans wonder about how it is for him to be in a cover band with no new songs for so many years. I think you are obsessed with defending BBF for no reason.

Revision? It's interesting that you even have adopted Axl's terminology 100%.

Heh, I can' remember Axl ever using that expression, but trust me, revisionism is not an expression I got from a rock star ;)

The "crap" you quoted are all actually legit questions.

Perhaps, but they are wrapped in offensive, abrasive, derogatory sentences. And that's what I am talking about. Or are you of the absurd conviction that any form of insult is okay as long as it is combined with a "legit question"? Do you really think that is okay or do you have the IQ of a cucumber? See what I did there?

It is a fact that he plays cover songs for a living with Axl. Many GNR fans wonder about how it is for him to be in a cover band with no new songs for so many years. I think you are obsessed with defending BBF for no reason.

It is not a cover band when the great majority of songs played at GN'R concerts are actually GN'R songs. A 'cover band' is a band that plays other bands' songs. Referring to the band you play in as a "cover band" and hence likening it to acts that typically perform at cheap pubs, is an insult. And this was just one out of many insults in the three quotes I posted.

Are you seriously questioning why I am against a band member of my favourite band being harassed when we comes by this forum? I really don't know how to make you understand why I dislike that if it isn't immediately obvious to you. Let's try this: Imagine that you have a favourite band, I dunno, perhaps Guns N' Roses in 1992, and that a band member of this band, say Slash, came to a forum and was open to chat with you and your friends (of course this couldn't happen in 1992, but bear with me), and then some assholes decided to harass and insult Slash for actions completely out of Slash's responsibility, to the point where Slash decided to not return. Would that be cool? Would you feel that these morons should belong to the forum?

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

I most definitely do think that what Bumblefoot said was worse.

As well as that he's a public person and he was the one that was dumb enough to talk about the band in a negative way behind their back. Don't tell me that you believe in that he was just joking around. He said stupid shit that he shouldn't have said and he came here to do damage control and then he was pissed off at the guy that posted it.

I've said it before, posting a private message might not be the best thing in the world, but he is a relatively public person, so he have to realise that he can't go around and say just anything to any random person that message him on the internet without consequences.

I saw people rage about how people rage about how Ron only came here to be nice and chat with the fans and some people ruined it. What the hell? If you can't see that it was damage control, I don't know what to say.

Obviously it would probably have been best if those things a few people said would have been posted after he left and they left the fans that were excited about it to chat, I have nothing to say there, but like I said, the guy has to get some thicker skin, he can't get offended by online nonsense. He is in "GNR" after all, what the hell does he expect? You know, I remember some radio show I heard with him back in 2007 or something when I still cared about the new band (Or well, what Axl would do I suppose) and the radio host suggested that listeners would be able to call in and he was like "Nah, people will just bash me and say stuff like "Fuck you, you're not Slash"", so he's obviously aware of how many people feel, so why on earth would it be a big deal that three or so posted things like that?

Another thing that is really bizarre is that people on this board were insulting the kid as well, because he revealed Bumblefoot talking shit about their favourite band. Ever heard the expression don't shoot the messenger?

As well as that he's a public person and he was the one that was dumb enough to talk about the band in a negative way behind their back. Don't tell me that you believe in that he was just joking around. He said stupid shit that he shouldn't have said and he came here to do damage control and then he was pissed off at the guy that posted it.

He said "fuck GNR" as in "GNR isn't active right now, and I'm sick of people asking me about something that I have no answers for". GNR isn't a global phenomenon, it's Axl Rose and his group of employees. GNR is nothing but a job to Bumblefoot, and likely a frustrating job, so it's understandable why he doesn't want to talk about it when he's on vacation. It wasn't some vile, sinister attack on Axl and the band. Stop making it out to be more than it was. Yes, it was a dumb thing for him to say, but to act like it's some sinister "behind their back" thing that shows his disloyalty to Axl just reeks of an agenda.

If he doesn't want to talk, why not ignore the messages? Nobody is forcing him to respond to any of it.

I agree, it was a stupid thing for him to do, but you guys are acting like the meaning behind "fuck GNR" was anything more than "I don't want to talk about GNR" with utmost certainty. You're calling for his firing from the band because of these words which you're completely midjudging the context of.

That is irrelevant and does not in any way explain or condone the insults he was met with before the chat took place.

As well as that he's a public person and he was the one that was dumb enough to talk about the band in a negative way behind their back.

Also irrelevant. Being honest about his feeling for GN'R doesn't allow people to harass him.

Don't tell me that you believe in that he was just joking around.

Irrelevant, but no, I don't believe that.

He said stupid shit that he shouldn't have said

Sure, but completely irrelevant to what took place before the chat. Besides, he was man enough to apologize for whatever he said in the fact, when will BBA, JB and Bobbo grow a pair and man up to do the same?

and he came here to do damage control and then he was pissed off at the guy that posted it.

Now you're just repeating the same irrelevant things.

I've said it before, posting a private message might not be the best thing in the world, but he is a relatively public person, so he have to realise that he can't go around and say just anything to any random person that message him on the internet without consequences.

I agree but irrelevant.

I saw people rage about how people rage about how Ron only came here to be nice and chat with the fans and some people ruined it. What the hell? If you can't see that it was damage control, I don't know what to say.

I don't think anyone has claimed he just came here to chat. Still, this is also a distraction and doesn't serve to defend BBA, JB and Bobbo.

Obviously it would probably have been best if those things a few people said would have been posted after he left and they left the fans that were excited about it to chat, I have nothing to say there

So after all the distraction above we actually agree.

but like I said, the guy has to get some thicker skin, he can't get offended by online nonsense. He is in "GNR" after all, what the hell does he expect?

Perhaps to be able to come to a fan forum without being met with a harangue of abrasive, derogatory attacks? It is not that much to ask for, especially when he is a great guy who does his best for the fans base and is not guilty if the very things fans are bitter and pathetic about.

You know, I remember some radio show I heard with him back in 2007 or something when I still cared about the new band (Or well, what Axl would do I suppose) and the radio host suggested that listeners would be able to call in and he was like "Nah, people will just bash me and say stuff like "Fuck you, you're not Slash"", so he's obviously aware of how many people feel, so why on earth would it be a big deal that three or so posted things like that?

It is a big deal when members of a fan forum harass the band that the very forum is about to such a degree that band members refuse to come here. It is absurd, to say the least.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

It is relevant for what I said, namely that he insulted some people more than he was insulted himself. That's my opinion, even if you find it irrelevant. Opinions are after all what we are here to discuss. With all that said, how is it worse to say or insinuate that Bumblefoot is a mediocre musician, than him saying that people don't have any life?

I saw several people say that he was just here to have a nice chat and people ruined it. I won't go through 80 pages or whatever it was to find it and unfortunately the search feature isn't entirely reliable, but I did see it happen.

I think BBA and the others just had some fun. I thought it was fun, but it was a bad time, no doubt. On the other hand, there's a Swedish expression that goes something like "He who enters the game must endure it." It means that if you agree to play a game and you know the rules, you can not be offended or go home and cry if you do not win the game. He knew perfectly well that many has got these opinions about him, Axl and the band that he's in. It's something he has to expect. It might not be fair or whatever you may say about it, but it is reality.

Bumblefoot deciding not to post here any more was just laughable. I have nothing to add to that.

It is relevant for what I said, namely that he insulted some people more than he was insulted himself. That's my opinion, even if you find it irrelevant.

Fair enough.

Opinions are after all what we are here to discuss. With all that said, how is it worse to say or insinuate that Bumblefoot is a mediocre musician, than him saying that people don't have any life?

I don't think I have ever said one thing is worse than another.

I saw several people say that he was just here to have a nice chat and people ruined it. I won't go through 80 pages or whatever it was to find it and unfortunately the search feature isn't entirely reliable, but I did see it happen.

Okay, I believe you. He came for damage control, stayed for the chat, and left because of the abuse. Perhaps.

I think BBA and the others just had some fun.

Haha, yes, so funny! I wonder why Bumblefoot didn't laugh at all the abuse! He has NO humour whatsoever!

I thought it was fun, but it was a bad time, no doubt. On the other hand, there's a Swedish expression that goes something like "He who enters the game must endure it."

He didn't enter any game, he came here for damage control and then to chat with fans. If BBA, Bobbo, and JB thinks that is a great opportunity to slam him because they don't like the current situation in GN'R, then that is their unilateral decision and not something Bumblefoot should expect at a fan forum at all. Criticism, yes! But petty, personal attacks, no. Nor should the rest of the forum accept it. There will always be guys vehemently against any artist, every artist knows they have haters, but to have to endure their attacks while on a fan forum is not something an artist should expect. It is absurd.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

I mean that he should expect it since it's something that is obvious that it will happen. I personally expected far worse things to be said, if I'm honest.

He entered the game the moment he joined "GNR". Some of the things he get to hear just for being Axl's employee is probably not nice or fair, but he's not unaware of it and he knows about it and therefore will have to expect it.

Edited by Satanisk_Slakt

I mean that he should expect it since it's something that is obvious that it will happen. I personally expected far worse things to be said, if I'm honest.

He entered the game the moment he joined "GNR". Some of the things he get to hear just for being Axl's employee is probably not nice, but he's not unaware of it and he knows about it and therefore will have to expect it.

Of course he knows and understands he has haters, but to say he should expect abuse from haters when visiting a fan forum that one would think would be interested in fostering a friendly environment between band and fan base, is just off. I don't think Bumblefoot expected such unmoderated harassment here, I sure didn't. And what is worse: this sends a clear signal of what other band members can expect if they ever think about coming here. mygnrforum lost on this, we fans lost on this, and a few assholes are probably still laughing.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Nobody lost on this at all. Bumblefoot has posted here on maybe three occasions in 6 years. DJ Ashba posted here a few days some months after he joined the band. Other than that there is nobody that ever had the interest to post here at all except Axl. Axl probably won't post here again either way.

Nobody lost on this at all. Bumblefoot has posted here on maybe three occasions in 6 years. DJ Ashba posted here a few days some months after he joined the band. Other than that there is nobody that ever had the interest to post here at all except Axl. Axl probably won't post here again either way.

And now there will be zero occasions for the next six years. You might not care, we fans do. And as for the other band members, you don't have to be a genius to understand why they wouldn't come here.

The "crap" you quoted are all actually legit questions. It is a fact that he plays cover songs for a living with Axl. Many GNR fans wonder about how it is for him to be in a cover band with no new songs for so many years. I think you are obsessed with defending BBF for no reason.

Yeah...right.

And it's also a fact that ugly people are ugly. Do you think it's a "legit question" to ask them how it is for them to be ugly ? Jeesh...

Do people go to Slash's board and ask him how it feels to be so uninspired lately because it's also a legit question ? I don't think so.

It's called respect.

Edited by The Glow Inc.

And now there will be zero occasions for the next six years. You might not care, we fans do. And as for the other band members, you don't have to be a genius to understand why they wouldn't come here.

It's no great loss. Bumble is obviously a creative guy that wants to help write music that will define nugnr and ensure ppl identify the current line-up with the name. Bafflingly, this makes him a less-than-perfect fit for the band.

Yeah...right.

And it's also a fact that ugly people are ugly. Do you think it's a "legit question" to ask them how it is for them to be ugly ? Jeesh...

Do people go to Slash's board and ask him how it feels to be so uninspired lately because it's also a legit question ? I don't think so.

It's called respect.

Siggable.

In fact, Bumblefoot might have come here more often

Nah. if he didn't come for damage control, he wouldn't come at all.

Wrong. He has hung out on the official chat a few times without doing it for damage control. Are you not aware Bumblefoot is fond of chatting with fans?