Tonight's Slash show @ the L.A. Wiltern postponed due to Myles Kennedy Illness

gunsguy

Twitter:

@Slash

Unfortunately, we have to reschedule tonight's Wiltern show until Dec 2nd due to illness. Tonight's tix we'll be honored in Dec. iiii]: ('

@Slash

We apologize to anybody we inconvenienced by postponing on such short notice. We'll try to make it up to u. iiii]; )'

@MylesKennedy

Dear Bronchitis...thanks for visiting. You have been rude and obnoxious. It's always a pleasure:/ MK

@MylesKennedy

I consider myself very lucky to play in a band with @todddammitkerns . He saved the night!

@MylesKennedy

Just left the doctor's office. Hopefully his guidance will get me back to 100%. My sincerest apologies to everyone for postponing the LA gig

Edited by gunsguy

They'd be way better off without him. Sounds like they're blowing an opportunity to have a decent Slash show to me. :shrugs:

He is the lead singer, how would they do it without him? Listen I was not and still unsure about Myles as a singer watching youtube but I saw the show live on Sept 23rd and he is fucking great live :thumbsup:

They'd be way better off without him. Sounds like they're blowing an opportunity to have a decent Slash show to me. :shrugs:

He is the lead singer, how would they do it without him? Listen I was not and still unsure about Myles as a singer watching youtube but I saw the show live on Sept 23rd and he is fucking great live :thumbsup:

They happen to have a better vocalist in the band if they need one, but I would prefer to hear Slash with no vocals at all. I'm glad he won you over, but there will never be a point in time where I get excited over a monotonous singer standing in one spot and fistpumping like a jackass. I'm sorry, I just don't have it in me.

Edited by Damn_Smooth

Sucks, but some times it just has to be done. I remember reading a few nights ago that Myles was having a sore throat so I'm glad they are taking a little break for him. The band is still pretty much going nonstop till December so I figured that would kill him. And really this break is only from last night until their next show on October 7th at the start of their European tour. Still not much time so I wish him the best. Feel bad he had to suffer this the last two shows since they really didn't slow down much because of it, most likely for the fans.

I totally sympathize with Myles and the fans. This must suck but this isn't one of those things the band is doing cause they are lazy. They must feel devastated but it had to be done. They really shouldn't feel that bad. They'll come back in December, hopefully that works for all those that bought tickets, and they are gonna blow the roof off that place. I would expect a pretty special show, as its now moved from being the last show of a US leg to being the last show scheduled at this time. I think they'll do incredibly right by it. Hate to sound like a kiss ass, but the band seems so genuine I'm sure this kills them but there was no other choice. Its not a prima donna thing.

The one good news that comes from this is that we'll probably be in for a Todd song as opposed to Bad Rain tomorrow on Conan :D , which I'm sure they're still doing. Thank God they have two vocalists in this band. Wonder if this means we're in for Doctor Alibi or We're All Gonna Die, and then maybe an exclusive You're Crazy or Out Ta Get Me (or Jungle!). I also wouldn't be surprised if Slash said something about the vocalist change.

hmm doesnt Axl live in LA

would have been nice if Axl showed up and filled in for him

yeah it would be cool, but Axl cannot really cover Myle's songs. They are too technically demanding for him.

LOL

TWAT is way more difficult and technically than anything miles ever singed.

yeah it would be cool, but Axl cannot really cover Myle's songs. They are too technically demanding for him.

LOL

Axl sounds like shit. :rofl-lol:

LOL

Nah not really. And who said that Axl can sing TWAT live nowadays? Myles does any song perfectly live. No comparison man. I love Axl too but he just has lost his voice.

Edited by izzydoezit

They happen to have a better vocalist in the band if they need one, but I would prefer to hear Slash with no vocals at all. I'm glad he won you over, but there will never be a point in time where I get excited over a monotonous singer standing in one spot and fistpumping like a jackass. I'm sorry, I just don't have it in me.

Have you ever seen them live?

Well well well...who is cancelling shows now? At least the show went on when Axl was sick....sometimes you have to be mature and suck it up.

They cancelled one show mate....If you were a fan and Axl was croaking would you be o.k. seeing him in that condition? I applaud Slash and Myles for thinking of the fans...........

No, sorry. YouTube tells me that the Slash's hacks are way less talented than Axl's though. :shrugs:

Well well well...who is cancelling shows now? At least the show went on when Axl was sick....sometimes you have to be mature and suck it up.

While I don't always agree with you, I believe the haters (or bitter ex-fans as some would call them) would be out in full force if Axl cancelled a show the day of. That hasn't happen in years....

No, sorry. YouTube tells me that the Slash's hacks are way less talented than Axl's though. :shrugs:

Nothing is farther then the truth Smooth Slash's band is very talented and you should check them out when you get a chance............