Adele - Skyfall

Estranged Reality

I like some Adele songs (Rolling in the Deep, Rumour Has It), was really looking forward to this, but I'm really disappointed. It just sounds like a pastiche of greater Bond themes (namely the Shirley Bassey ones).

The best modern Bond theme was Chris Cornell's You Know My Name (the rock version, not the neutered one they ended up actually using in the opening credits).

Edit: I also love her cover of The Cure's Lovesong. May even prefer it to the original. Still can't give Skyfall more than a 'meh', though. Looking forward to the film, regardless.

Edited by Amir

^ You Know Your Name is fantastic! My favorite as well, although I really like Another Way to Die by Jack White and Alicia Keys and The World Is Not Enough by Garbage in terms of modern Bond tunes. I really like Skyfall but not as much as the ones I listed

(namely Shirley Bassey)

And that's no easy task.

Well done Adele!

Agreed. This is classic Bond. What's to complain about? It's got all the elements and exactly what Bond lovers expect. It's sexy and moody and while I was watching it I was imagining Daniel Craig (the best Bond since Sean Connery) and his gorgeous eyes (and biceps!) doing whatever he does that is so goddamn sexy! :wub:

Fuck Adele.

Why? You don't talk about music much these days. Just beefcake shit. What the fuck man.

Because she's overplayed and boring as fuck. And she's fat.

I guess I kinda lost interest in discovering new music a few years ago. I do still come around this section every once in a while to put the idiots in their place, though.

It's absolutely awesome. Just like anything Adele ever put out.

But the thing that makes it even better is that it's not typical Adele. It's out of her comfort zone and very James Bond! Reminds me of the classic Bond songs, like the Shirley ones. Great stuff!

Fuck Adele.

Why? You don't talk about music much these days. Just beefcake shit. What the fuck man.

I guess I kinda lost interest in discovering new music a few years ago. I do still come around this section every once in a while to put the idiots in their place, though.

I agree. Her music is so boring and I don't think her voice is that great. She sounds like a busker to me.

Fuck Adele.

That's just plain stupid. I think you're a dick quite often but your opinions on music usually make some sense. This one doesn't even make the slightest bit of sense. Overplayed is not her fault and her weight doesn't matter to her performance, which is amazing. If you'd just say you hate her sound that's a fair opinion, but this is just lame.

That's just plain stupid. I think you're a dick quite often but your opinions on music usually make some sense. This one doesn't even make the slightest bit of sense. Overplayed is not her fault and her weight doesn't matter to her performance, which is amazing. If you'd just say you hate her sound that's a fair opinion, but this is just lame.

Fine, I strongly dislike her because her music is something that has been done before, and it has been done better before. It's fucking mundane - at least girls like Amy Winehouse had something slightly different to offer. "Ooooh, she's on the heavy side and she still made it big! She's such a great role model for kids!". Fucking spare me. I would rather punch myself as hard as I can in the balls than hear one of those three songs of hers that gets constantly (and that isn't a hyperbole, I really do mean "constantly") played.

It's the fucking entry-level fake, plastic version of soul/r&b. It's music for 15 year old girls who's just gotten dumped for the first time.

Edited by Lithium

Fine, I strongly dislike her because her music is something that has been done before, and it has been done better before. It's fucking mundane - at least girls like Amy Winehouse had something slightly different to offer. "Ooooh, she's on the heavy side and she still made it big! She's such a great role model for kids!". Fucking spare me. I would rather punch myself as hard as I can in the balls than hear one of those three songs of hers that gets constantly (and that isn't a hyperbole, I really do mean "constantly") played.

It's the fucking entry-level fake, plastic version of soul/r&b. It's music for 15 year old girls who's just gotten dumped for the first time.

I can't pick it, there's just something really Lenny-esque about this post.