Does Axl Even Do Autographs These Days?

ChristmasFnatic

Like signings or meet and greet? Or is he completely detached from such things?

He signs for fans. I think he does it a little less because a couple years back he got hounded for autographs by people who then sold them on ebay or something?

Looks like you weren't around when all the ebayers were hounding Axl. There were several threads w/ videos about it during the last tour. Axl signed autographs, even for the rude, belligerent people aggressively hounding him to sign shit. He even made reference to them in one of his tweets: "so over the ebayers" or something to that effect.

Also, several members have met Axl, some multiple times: Sleeping Like an Angel and AxlMorris took pictures with him.

So, I'd say you're completely detached from being an actual fan. But I guess it's convenient to talk shit in suggestive ways so your thread doesn't get moved to attitude.

Edited by brainsaber

Looks like you weren't around when all the ebayers were hounding Axl. There were several threads w/ videos about it during the last tour. Axl signed autographs, even for the rude, belligerent people aggressively hounding him to sign shit. He even made reference to them in one of his tweets: "so over the ebayers" or something to that effect.

Also, several members have met Axl, some multiple times: Sleeping Like an Angel and AxlMorris took pictures with him.

So, I'd say you're completely detached from being an actual fan. But I guess it's convenient to talk shit in suggestive ways so your thread doesn't get moved to attitude.

Thanks for the help, though about your last sentence, Im new here obviously, and not from USA, so I dont follow every news like autograph signings or something or setlist concert cuz Ill just get jealous I cant be in one anyway.

I met Axl after the Philly show. Greatest night of my life.

Quoted for truth

He's great if you can get near him. The UCAP tour was a great chance, because smaller venues have stage doors that you can access more easily. Stadiums typically have ways that buses or vans can drive in, get the band from inside, and get them out without ever being near you. If you see them at a venue with an accessible door, and you don't mind waiting until at least 4 or 5am, you have a good shot as long as he's in a good mood and doesn't sneak away.

Philly was unreal. A mostly great group of guys (the eBayers were assholes, but Real McCoy, GNRSkidRow1, etc. were great to hang with), a perfect show, and meeting Axl and co. afterwards. Could not have had a better experience.

432053_2948846877563_544322357_n.jpg

I met Axl after the Philly show. Greatest night of my life.

Quoted for truth

He's great if you can get near him. The UCAP tour was a great chance, because smaller venues have stage doors that you can access more easily. Stadiums typically have ways that buses or vans can drive in, get the band from inside, and get them out without ever being near you. If you see them at a venue with an accessible door, and you don't mind waiting until at least 4 or 5am, you have a good shot as long as he's in a good mood and doesn't sneak away.

Philly was unreal. A mostly great group of guys (the eBayers were assholes, but Real McCoy, GNRSkidRow1, etc. were great to hang with), a perfect show, and meeting Axl and co. afterwards. Could not have had a better experience.

432053_2948846877563_544322357_n.jpg

rock3

431313_10150838069063677_2025379515_n.jpg

Not everyone follows Axl's exact move. The OP hasn't been on this forum for long and was merely asking a question.

Edited by Young_Gun

I'm sure there will be some nights he'll be out after the shows, and nights he won't be in Vegas. He's at the point he can walk around Vegas and not have people hassle him. Of course the Pawn Stars are prob. going to be trying to get copies of AFD signed, but like what happened with Bob Dylan, might be staged for the show. If he's a fan of the show, he'll prob. be on it.

I think anyone giving Axl a pickguard to be signed should be smacked in the head.

Few people want to hang around waiting until the crack of dawn for an autograph that might or might not happen, but at least they're not going to be waiting outside. Maybe he'll show up for the VIPs this time.

That's by far Bon Jovi's best CD.

Could not agree more. These Days is far and away their best work.

As far as Axl's autograph, that'd be cool to have for sure. I've always wanted to come away from a show with a mic. But ideally for me, I'd just like a solid 5 minutes with the dude to give a heartfelt thank you.