How big an influence was the WWF on GNR?

Randy Lahey

How big an influence was the WWF on GNR? For example, the WWF had Ax and Smash while GNR had Axl and Slash. Even today, Axl has a Hulk Hogan moustache.

If he didn't have a mic in his hand, wouldn't you think this man was a wrestler?

axl-rose-618-mwo063009.jpg

Edited by Randy Lahey

How big an influence was the WWF on GNR? For example, the WWF had Ax and Smash while GNR had Axl and Slash. Even today, Axl has a hulk Hogan moustache.

If he didn't have a mic in his hand, wouldn't you think this man was a wrestler?

axl-rose-618-mwo063009.jpg

I am not sure WWF was established early enough to be an influence on GN'R.

I woud guess that Guns and WWF happened around the same time, and members of both worlds just happened to be at the same parties and ceremonies around a similar period, so they got to know each other blah blah blah

Dude i started a thread in '06 saying that Axl ripped of Hulk hogan on his music sound. There are 3 songs on Hogans Album that sounds like CD songs.

I think Sorry was inspired by Be A Man.

And Welcome to the Jungle was obviously partially inspired by Hogan's seminal steel cage match with King Kong Bundy at Wrestlemania 2.

Edited by Randy Lahey

Dude i started a thread in '06 saying that Axl ripped of Hulk hogan on his music sound. There are 3 songs on Hogans Album that sounds like CD songs.

I think Sorry was inspired by Be A Man.

And Welcome to the Jungle was obviously partially inspired by Hogan's seminal steel cage match with King Kong Bundy at Wrestlemania 2.

that my friend, is the greatest hip hop song ever written.

On topic though, CD was the theme song to Armageddon 2008.

i had a gnr/wwe related dream in 02.

gnr 93 lineup started to perform and jim ross was like "oh my god,its gnr" then axl gave the crowd that funny garden of eden smile and the cops halled off the band,and out came the new guys,who were "the bad guys "in the dream. jim ross was like "omg axl suckered in the old band,we are outta time folks"

i had a gnr/wwe related dream in 02.

gnr 93 lineup started to perform and jim ross was like "oh my god,its gnr" then axl gave the crowd that funny garden of eden smile and the cops halled off the band,and out came the new guys,who were "the bad guys "in the dream. jim ross was like "omg axl suckered in the old band,we are outta time folks"

LOL!

Though I think its "BAH GAWD!"