GNR leaves Axl behind then he has a humble dinner with Rock in Rio crew

ManetsBR

This guy wrote Rock in Rio - The History Of The Biggest Music Festival on Earth.

Most of the video he's talking about some funny Freddie Mercury incidents, but then Jo asks him about Axl Rose, on 12:56

Jo: "And Axl Rose?"

Luiz: "Axl Rose has that fame of intractable, right? But I know a story about him that changed all my concept... Not musical, because I'm a GN'R fan, but personal concept of him, because... After the first Guns N' Roses concert on Rock in Rio 2 in 91... I mean, before the concert he had asked a plentiful pasta for him and the GNR crew to eat after the concert, that thing of rock star of eatin pasta after a concert."

Jo: "What? That exist?"

Woman: "I know they do it after marathon, but after concerts? Well, must be true, because he got really strong. Yeah, he is really strong today"

Jo: "Yeah... but then?"

Luiz: "Yeah, he had asked it for him and the whole band and band crew, but after they finished the concert he went to take a shower, and when he left, all the band members and crew had gone to the hotel and left him alone at the Maracanã Stadium (Rock in Rio 2 didn't happen at City of Rock). And when he left the shower, Amin Khader, who was responsible of the Guns N' Roses camarim also, appeared and said "Mr Axl, everyone already left, do you want me to send your pasta to the hotel?" and Axl said "No. How many people are still here?" and Amin said "Oh, 15 or 20" and Axl said "So invite all of them to come here that I want to have a dinner with them", and they were people like, the security crew, the cleaning crew. And they got a big table, he sitted on the head of it with everyone on the table. And then, in the middle of the dinner Roberto Medina (Rock in Rio CEO) appeared and asked Amin "Are you crazy? What are you doing?!", but Amin was faster and said "Oh Roberto, come here have a dinner with Axl", and when Roberto saw Axl he almost fainted, because he had not seen him before, he thought Amin was making a dinner to his crew"

Jo: "And Axl there eating his pasta? "Oh, Axl, Medina is here, come dinner with us!", "NO!"

Everyone: "LOL"

Then Luiz tells the story when Axl threw his hotel telephone on the fans that were asking his telephone.

Very kind from Axl.

Edited by ManetsBR

Like i said, extremely misunderstood

I wouldn't say he's extremely misunderstood...he does his fair share of stupid shit that warrants a lot of the criticism, it's just that we don't hear of the good things he does as often. It's more like two very different sides of the same coin.

I wouldn't say he's extremely misunderstood...he does his fair share of stupid shit that warrants a lot of the criticism, it's just that we don't hear of the good things he does as often. It's more like two very different sides of the same coin.

I think people expect Axl to treat everyone like shit or get into fights all the time. It was probably nice for him to have a quiet dinner with a few people that still had to be there, prob. signed stuff for them, even though they prob. could've gotten fired for asking.

you can say that about most celebrities though. the news mostly reports on the "bad" stuff they do