The Demos

rumandraisin

So on the 1999 IRS demo, the Catcher demo and the 1999 TWAT demo we're hearing an actual band right? Just Paul on rhythm and Robin on lead (apart from Catcher), Josh on drums and then tommy, axl, dizzy and chris? Pretty interesting when you think about it, had the album have been released it would have been so fucking cool to actually be able to work out who does what... -.-

So on the 1999 IRS demo, the Catcher demo and the 1999 TWAT demo we're hearing an actual band right? Just Paul on rhythm and Robin on lead (apart from Catcher), Josh on drums and then tommy, axl, dizzy and chris? Pretty interesting when you think about it, had the album have been released it would have been so fucking cool to actually be able to work out who does what... -.-

yeah. you know what? for all the hype about bumblefoot...bumblefoot does so called fretless on chinese democracy song and shackler's. you know what? i can't even hear this so called fretless or bumblefoot on those songs. everybody thinks bumblefoot is a big deal with guns n roses?

robin finck is the BIG deal with guns n roses. on both demos and on every song on the chinese democracy album. you can hear robin. you can hear robin dominate the demos and the chinese democracy record as the guy axl picked to carry the ball for guns n roses post slash. robin is the guy. robin's the man

it's a big mistake to do vegas residency with dj ashba and bumblefoot when it is clear the man axl should be going with is robin finck

yeah. you know what? for all the hype about bumblefoot...bumblefoot does so called fretless on chinese democracy song and shackler's. you know what? i can't even hear this so called fretless or bumblefoot on those songs. everybody thinks bumblefoot is a big deal with guns n roses?

Then you mustn't listen to the song very closely. Entirely aside from that, I think we're all tired of you spewing the same garbage over and over again in threads - this thread has nothing to do with Bumblefoot, so stick with the topic at hand.

Then you mustn't listen to the song very closely. Entirely aside from that, I think we're all tired of you spewing the same garbage over and over again in threads - this thread has nothing to do with Bumblefoot, so stick with the topic at hand.

i listen to the chinese democracy song. i hear the intro, solo, and outro very clear by robin finck

no bumblefoot fretless. no bumblefoot

i listen to shackler's very clear too. i hear buckethead solos. i hear no bumblefoot fretless. no bumblefoot

on the demos i hear robin finck. i hear robin finck on the irs demo. i hear robin finck on the there was a time demo

i don't hear bumblefoot fretless or bumblefoot on the demos

the guns n roses chinese democracy demos feature the biggest star ever in guns n roses called mr. robin finck

i listen to the chinese democracy song. i hear the intro, solo, and outro very clear by robin finck

:lol: You deaf mate?

the guns n roses chinese democracy demos feature the biggest star ever in guns n roses called mr. robin finck

Ah, I see. Not deaf, just blinded by something else. :rolleyes:

Thank you highvoltage! Was hoping someone would say something about that sooner than later :)

As far as the demos, it's a common thought that people really seem to like them better than the album. Every so often I go back and listen to them myself, but I think I'm so used to the album now that I prefer what I'm used to. Having said that, I wouldn't mind hearing what many feel was supposed to be the "complete 1999" album.

then please clearly and honestly tell me when you hear this so called fretless on the chinese democracy song. cause i don't hear fretless. i hear robin finck. the intro guitar before axl sings is robin. the solo in the middle is robin. the outro guitar is robin. where in this is bumblefoot? and so called bumblefoot fretless? chinese democracy album is a robin finck album. it's not a bumblefoot or bumblefoot fretless record. what's so big about fretless? i'm not impressed. i don't even hear this fretless

then please clearly and honestly tell me when you hear this so called fretless on the chinese democracy song. cause i don't hear fretless. i hear robin finck. the intro guitar before axl sings is robin. the solo in the middle is robin. the outro guitar is robin. where in this is bumblefoot? and so called bumblefoot fretless? chinese democracy album is a robin finck album. it's not a bumblefoot or bumblefoot fretless record. what's so big about fretless? i'm not impressed. i don't even hear this fretless

The fretless guitar is clear as day under the first verse on the album. When Axl says "If they were missionaries..." , listen to the guitar underneath the vocal. That's Ron on the fretless guitar.

That prob. ties into Axl wanting some of the NIN elements on the album. He should have just had Reznor produce the album, but Trent already had a lot going on at the time. He would've had the thing done in 3 months though, it wouldn't have sounded like a GNR album, and maybe he hasn't always had the magic touch as a producer, but he would've had it done.

It's his songs, his vision, and he wanted them to sound a certain way. He would've tweaked them live if he didn't feel content with how the songs turned out, and apart from how the solos are played, it's pretty close to what's on the album.

The fretless guitar is clear as day under the first verse on the album. When Axl says "If they were missionaries..." , listen to the guitar underneath the vocal. That's Ron on the fretless guitar.

that's what you call fretless? it's pretty weak. shows robin finck doesn't deserve the disrespect he gets online. because robin finck doesn't use stupid fretless. robin finck uses a real guitar and is the star guitar player of the chinese democracy album. fuck fretless. it ain't shit

Yup yup, Bumble does all the addiotional guitar in the versus that ISNT the main power chord riff. Kinda work either way without it, like in the 2002 live version or the demos, but its not a bad thing that bumble was added :)

bumble is added. but the fretless isn't a factor. isn't a game changer on the record. bumblefoot doesn't make an impact on the album. robin finck and buckethead are the game changers on the record. robin finck and buckethead make big impact on the album. because when you listen to songs like this i love and prostitute. you don't notice fretless. you hear BIG EPIC solos from robin finck and buckethead on songs like this i love and prostitute

Then why don't you ban him finally?

A lot of posters wants this for a loooooong time

Why don't you report him like you do everyone else?

have you seen my post?

i replied and quoted an admin's post.

The admin said enough is enough.

So i ask my question.

Btw you are a cupcake here too

Edited by Crash Diet

have you seen my post?

i replied and quoted an admin's post.

The admin said enough is enough.

So i ask my question.

Btw you are a cupcake here too

ahahahahaha, you're the one trolling my profile every day with new posts!

that's what you call fretless? it's pretty weak. shows robin finck doesn't deserve the disrespect he gets online. because robin finck doesn't use stupid fretless. robin finck uses a real guitar and is the star guitar player of the chinese democracy album. fuck fretless. it ain't shit

It's not "what I call fretless" it IS a fretless guitar work. It has nothing whatsoever to do with Robin Finck.

It's not "what I call fretless" it IS a fretless guitar work. It has nothing whatsoever to do with Robin Finck.

fretless or fretless guitar work. it ain't guitar work. it's SHIT. you can't hear it on chinese democracy song or shackler's. but i can hear robin finck on chinese democracy song and buckethead on shackler's

this thread kinda went off top didnt it ahaha :lol:

what does everyone think of the fact the earliest demo's dont feature bucket? on IRS it doesnt seem to notice, and if you think about the song Chinese Democracy, on the 2001 gigs there was no bucket solo, just Robin's solo, so again Bucket wouldnt have made much of a contribution in the studio on the title track until 2002. It would have still been the Sean Beaven produced album until late 2001.

Sean Beavern version - until 2001

Roy Thomas Baker version - until late 2003 when things started being re-recorded again

Axl / Caram / Eric version - after 2003 adding Bumble and Frank

we will never know the true extent of each song recorded. it wouldnt surprise me if there was a few version of each song from each era....

fretless or fretless guitar work. it ain't guitar work. it's SHIT. you can't hear it on chinese democracy song or shackler's. but i can hear robin finck on chinese democracy song and buckethead on shackler's

Yeah you cannot hear Ron on Shacklers at all, especially not during the solo.

this thread kinda went off top didnt it ahaha :lol:

what does everyone think of the fact the earliest demo's dont feature bucket? on IRS it doesnt seem to notice, and if you think about the song Chinese Democracy, on the 2001 gigs there was no bucket solo, just Robin's solo, so again Bucket wouldnt have made much of a contribution in the studio on the title track until 2002. It would have still been the Sean Beaven produced album until late 2001.

Sean Beavern version - until 2001

Roy Thomas Baker version - until late 2003 when things started being re-recorded again

Axl / Caram / Eric version - after 2003 adding Bumble and Frank

we will never know the true extent of each song recorded. it wouldnt surprise me if there was a few version of each song from each era....

This.

I bet you're right. I know it's a pipe dream, but I would love for a box of all the different versions to be released somehow some day.

Thank you for managing to derail another thread with your garbage.

Let's get this back on topic if anyone still wants to discuss it.

Thank you for managing to derail another thread with your garbage.

Let's get this back on topic if anyone still wants to discuss it.

Are you angry at him?