Ashba talks next record and Vegas.

IncitingChaos

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait, what?!?!?!

From the setlist images I've seen, it's true they never played exactly what was on there. But who cares?

Good article indeed. I think it's exciting to hear they have some new stuff planned for the School Benefit, and possibly even Vegas.

Guns N' Roses' two concert experiences will be ambitious as well, promises Ashba. For the Bridge School Benefit, Guns N' Roses will perform an entirely unplugged set in tribute to the event's founder. "A lot of the acoustic shows in the past, I would still play on the [electric] Les Paul – but for this, we're going all acoustic, no electric anything. That's how Neil kind of envisioned the whole thing, so we're gonna stay true to that, for sure," Ashba explains. "We're gonna add a couple [songs] that the band's never played... I know Axl is really excited to do it."

My guess: You Ain't The First and Dust N' Bones

Look, it's a good thing that Ashba is being interviewed and GnR is getting some press.

But if past experience taught me one thing about Guns n' Roses, it would be that "I'll believe it when I see/hear it" is a great motto to avoid disappointment.

Let's just hope DJ isn't making promises he can't fulfill.

Edited by username

Sounds like a fantasy of what Guns should be doing, instead of what they go out and actually do.

Exactly 100 percent right, if you listen to Ashba over the years GNR are always within touching distance of getting the album out. It's not a criticism of him, I like his positivity but he does appear to make it all sound too simple.

Look, it's a good thing that Ashba is being interviews and GnR is getting some press.

But if past experience taught me one thing about Guns n' Roses, it would be that "I'll believe it when I see/hear it" is a great motto to avoid disappointment.

Let's just hope DJ isn't making promises he can't fulfill.

Exactly, I am not putting any stock in what is said until it actualy happens

Son of a Bitch -

The band has a loose outline for which songs will be played most nights, but they take the stage without knowing for sure which songs will be played and in which order.

While many bitter ex-fans frequently complain that a GNR shows are comprised mostly of songs that are played every night, that is completely different from taking the stage knowing for sure exactly which songs are being played and in which order, something GNR does not do and has not done during DJ's tenure in the band.

So, when he says they've never followed a set list, that is true. If there is not enough variety from night to night for your tastes, then I would recommend not flying around the world to go to every show.

How different would you say the set list can vary on average in the 2012 tour? 50%? 70%??? 90%???

Less talk, more new music please. He's been saying the same thing since 2009. :jerkoff:

On one hand - yes. But on the other hand at least DJ is out there doing interviews and trying to get people excited. He's doing the right thing here! This is what a lead guitarist should be doing. And I really do hope Axl will start doing it more as well. Maybe have some of the other guys in the band hype stuff in interviews as well. Get exposure. Be out there!

BUT all of that will still backfire when you hand out checks people can't cash. This does create expectations and that's essentially good. But it also obliges you to live up to those expectations or they will only backfire.

We all know the story on Ashba and the recording stuff... He wrote a dozen songs, they went to Axl.

What I'm excited about are the acoustic show songs GNR has never played live. Does he mean acoustically or actually songs they've never ever played.... I hope he just doesn't mean this line up. I HOPE.

We've heard all of CD, so what could he mean? Appetite has basically been played in it's entirety, GNR Lies I'm guessing has... Even Cornshucker, Doubt anything from TSI, So I'm guessing UY1 and UY2. That's pretty fucking exciting to me. IF It Makes it from the setlist to the live set.

Edited by jimb0

The band's starting to do press for upcoming shows?

The only reason why they won't be able to pull it together in Vegas for new music is if Axl's flying out after shows. He recorded part of Chinese Democracy at The Palms, maybe some studio time's been booked.

It'll be interesting if GNR bring some strings in for "November Rain" at the Bridge School.

It took Axl 13 years to put Chinese Democracy out, what's another year if everything's going okay between the band members? I think people expect the follow up to take another decade.