Which of you have unyielding faith in what the future will bring for Guns n Roses?

saber_

unyielding faith man

Fair enough. I suppose all I really want is to hear Axl's voice again and some kick ass guitars along with it.

Trust me, I of all people do not discount your unyielding faith. I've tangled with more than a few reunionist/Slasholes in the Attitude section. I appreciate you being cordial in my thread... even if the emoticon you used is :takethat :. lulz

Can I flip the question and ask what exactly is fueling your unyielding faith of Guns N' Roses? What is it exactly that keeps you believing? I could enumerate a list of reasons why people might have lost the faith (lack of new music, revolving door lineup, stale setlists, Axl's vocal problems, plus many many more), but I'm not sure why people still hold on to the hope that this band will be something more than it is right now.

Personally, I'm a fan of Axl's musical ability and vision for what he wants to create, but I admit to be a very cynical fan of GNR right now.

Can I flip the question and ask what exactly is fueling your unyielding faith of Guns N' Roses? What is it exactly that keeps you believing? I could enumerate a list of reasons why people might have lost the faith (lack of new music, revolving door lineup, stale setlists, Axl's vocal problems, plus many many more), but I'm not sure why people still hold on to the hope that this band will be something more than it is right now.

Personally, I'm a fan of Axl's musical ability and vision for what he wants to create, but I admit to be a very cynical fan of GNR right now.

The Force is strong with Axl.

I know that there's music out there that I haven't heard. A lot of it. I have faith that I will someday hear it. My faith that that time will come before Axl's demise isn't that strong, unfortunately, but my faith that I will someday hear it is. :shrugs:

I know that there's music out there that I haven't heard. A lot of it. I have faith that I will someday hear it. My faith that that time will come before Axl's demise isn't that strong, unfortunately, but my faith that I will someday hear it is. :shrugs:

I hear what you're saying, and it's pretty much the only reason why I continue to come back to the forums (well, other than discussing ridiculousness). But I get the sense from Axl that he likes to write and record music, but isn't too keen on releasing music. Isn't there a good chance that he'll be the rock n' roll version of J.D. Salinger? Privately prolific, but publicly barren.

But like you said, here's hoping anyway.

It's not about faith. I'm just pleased that CD came out and was as good as I suspected. I still love and rock out to the album as much as possible, while driving, in bars on the jukebox, etc. I am pleased that Axl is out and about the majority of the time anymore, after so many years of seclusion and silence. And I am pleased that, in due time, there will be new music for us all to enjoy, whether it's from the old Finck/Bucket days, or new stuff from the current lineup. I am a die hard fan, but I don't live or die on whether or not the new stuff comes out however. If and when it happens, I'll be there to enjoy and absorb it as always.

Which of you have unyielding faith in what the future will bring for Guns n Roses? Share your thoughts.

HAHAHAHAHA! Theres no future, No Future, No future for GNR...

That's what you consider clever?

It is bolded and enlarged, that has to count for something.

Of all of the bands that I loved in the 80s, Chinese Democracy is by far my favorite album that any of them have put out in the last five years.

I went to two GNR shows last year and two GNR shows this year and all of them were fantastic.

So, if I loved the new album and if I loved all the concerts, why wouldn't I have faith that the next album or future concerts wouldn't be things I'd enjoy as well?

This is exactly how I feel as well. I am just so happy to see them touring that often and come time we will also see a new album.

Of all of the bands that I loved in the 80s, Chinese Democracy is by far my favorite album that any of them have put out in the last five years.

I went to two GNR shows last year and two GNR shows this year and all of them were fantastic.

So, if I loved the new album and if I loved all the concerts, why wouldn't I have faith that the next album or future concerts wouldn't be things I'd enjoy as well?

This is exactly how I feel as well. I am just so happy to see them touring that often and come time we will also see a new album.

Absolutely. Who would have thought in 1991 that we could still go and see amazing GN'R shows in 2012 and still be waiting for new material? Great times!

DJ seems to know that Axl is still coming up with new music, but it doesn't mean we'll ever get to hear it.

Considering how long it took him to get "Chinese Democracy" out there, and coming up on the 4 years since it came out, maybe we'll get the answer on Kimmel as far as 2013 plans. Is Axl even thinking that far in the future right now? He might want to keep adding more dates after India and do more dates in Asia.

Which of you have unyielding faith in what the future will bring for Guns n Roses? Share your thoughts.

The band need to keep touring, and they have kept that going very well.

Axl needs to put himself out there more; promotion is always key.

And new material has to appear next year, really, to keep up momentum for the ongoing tours.

Edited by Mysteron

I think we'll keep on having more tours, which is cool if that's what you're into.

But in terms of new nu music, I just can't see it. I just don't think Axl nor the label wanna go through it again due to the lack of CD connecting to an audience. The label made their money back, didn't they? So I REALLY don't think they give a shit about spending another dime helping Axl's GNR anymore. You go ANYWHERE outside this site, where music is talked about (Rolling Stone, Blabbermouth, etc.), and there are a ton more people that didn't care for the one nu effort compared to those that did. There's no mystique or wonder like there was for that album, and there's really no general demand for another "GNR" album without Slash and co. I don't think Axl wants to deal with further ridicule and failure in terms of new material, so he plays it safe with these tours. Nobody (internally) seems to know that the game plan is in terms of new material, and I don't really think there is one anymore. DJ saying almost word for word what he said two years ago doesn't exactly speak progress to me. Bumble seemed just as confused as to what's going on as we do in the chats. Again, just my perspective. There's really just as much reason to doubt another nu album being released as there is to expect one. It's anybody's guess. I just personally don't see it. Feel free to hold your breath if you want. :thumbsup: .

Obviously, and sadly, there will more than likely never be any kind of reunion. I expect more of the same until Axl REALLY can't sing anymore, or croaks, and that's it. Maybe after Axl's dead, they'll release the rest of what's recorded as a boxset or something, but other than that, I just can't see it.