GnR intend to play in India in December?!

God of Thunder

the reporter probably just used google images tbh

I am from Delhi, and, HT city used another classic GNR lineup pic with the same news. I would definitely blame the reporter to not research before printing the picture, however, its hard for an average nincompoop reporter to find a GNR pic with current lineup.

As a matter of fact, there is only one official GNR pic with new lineup. Although, there are millions of fatso Axl's pics around.

As a huge GNR fanatic, I can truly say that anyone who is going to watch GNR is either expecting Slash and co. to play (naive souls), or, just going to check out Axl and him playing the classic tracks.

I love Chi Dem. But its the package of Appetite, Lies, UYI that's selling. No ones expecting a headbangin' good time listening to Silkworms.

Okay, it is 99 % official now: http://www.hindustan...le1-947633.aspx

LOL at the photo they use...

d9566b0e-ffde-449b-ae6d-092eb051737fMediumRes.JPG

I am from Delhi, and, HT city used another classic GNR lineup pic with the same news. I would definitely blame the reporter to not research before printing the picture, however, its hard for an average nincompoop reporter to find a GNR pic with current lineup.

As a matter of fact, there is only one official GNR pic with new lineup. Although, there are millions of fatso Axl's pics around.

As a huge GNR fanatic, I can truly say that anyone who is going to watch GNR is either expecting Slash and co. to play (naive souls), or, just going to check out Axl and him playing the classic tracks.

I love Chi Dem. But its the package of Appetite, Lies, UYI that's selling. No ones expecting a headbangin' good time listening to Silkworms.

naive souls? okay dude.

I am quite sure most fans know Slash isn't part of the band anymore... and i dare say the (still to be confirmed) GNR show will be attended by more people than the (proposed) Slash show next year. Of course it is about the whole package and why should'nt it be? Most bands perform their greatest hits set list instead of playing any relatively new material while playing India.

Would you rather want a full setlist of only Chinese Democracy songs? I am not sure if that is what you meant.

Guest RonMexico82

The fans on twitter from India appear to have only just discovered Slash isn't in the band. :lol: One guy called the band Guns N Posers :lol:

naive souls? okay dude.

I am quite sure most fans know Slash isn't part of the band anymore... and i dare say the (still to be confirmed) GNR show will be attended by more people than the (proposed) Slash show next year. Of course it is about the whole package and why should'nt it be? Most bands perform their greatest hits set list instead of playing any relatively new material while playing India.

Would you rather want a full setlist of only Chinese Democracy songs? I am not sure if that is what you meant.

Most fans who have Internet connections likely know that Slash isn't part of the band anymore. But this is India, where hundreds of millions of people live without electricity. My bet this is news for most people of India who are aware of GNR but haven't followed the band since the 1990s. Hopefully Axl gets his voice back by then, otherwise there's going to be a lot of people scratching their heads wondering what happened to Slash and why does the lead singer sound like Mickey Mouse.

naive souls? okay dude.

Most fans who have Internet connections likely know that Slash isn't part of the band anymore. But this is India, where hundreds of millions of people live without electricity. My bet this is news for most people of India who are aware of GNR but haven't followed the band since the 1990s. Hopefully Axl gets his voice back by then, otherwise there's going to be a lot of people scratching their heads wondering what happened to Slash and why does the lead singer sound like Mickey Mouse.

Not focussing on Slash per say. And I'm sure GNR fans (old or new if any) will be attending the shows. There is no competition who gets more attendance. The 'naiveness' will be quite evident when fans in attendence will be wearing classic GNR lineup tshirts. It aint there fault. I bet not even 10% would be able to speak out the names of all members.

A Rock n roll show is an experience. Not everyone goes out to see perfect vocals or guitar solos. And Im damn sure no one attending will get that from newGNR. For god sakes, only one thing that could salvage the reputation of newGNR was a lead singer and classic lineup member who could sing and look good.

As far as those who do not have internet in India, do not have thousands of rupees to spend on tickets anyways. Those who live without electricity (not hundreds of millions), cannot be a part of the statistic of GNR attendance.

Keep touring Axl n co. and good luck Team Brasil. End on a decent note and bid farewell.

naive souls? okay dude.

You say that most bands play their greatest hits...but then downplay CD songs. I'm confused.

The only greatest hits this current group of musicians have together are CD songs. And not all the current guys even played on that.

DJ and Frank and BBF and the rest of them had nothing to do with songs like jungle, scom, Nov rain, etc.

You say that most bands play their greatest hits...but then downplay CD songs. I'm confused.

The only greatest hits this current group of musicians have together are CD songs. And not all the current guys even played on that.

DJ and Frank and BBF and the rest of them had nothing to do with songs like jungle, scom, Nov rain, etc.

wait... i get it! you don't consider the new band to be Guns N Roses :thumbsup:

But surely you can't deny that the greatest hits under the name Guns N' Roses are not just from the album Chinese Democracy? So what is wrong when a band called Guns N' Roses (and the significance of the lineup notwithstanding) performs songs which were released under that name?

all i know is that when i get there... my first gnr show after following the band for 14 odd years... i want them performing the classics. i mean i really dig CD and i am looking forward to hearing some of the songs live... but despite the fact that Axl is the only remaining original member i'd still want him to perform the songs written by the classic lineup.