There is an interview with Izzy in one of the magazines I uploaded where he was talking about how important Steven was to the band sound and how it really showed when Fred subbed for Steven when he broke his hand that were less than flattering to Fred IMHO...............

There is an interview with Izzy in one of the magazines I uploaded where he was talking about how important Steven was to the band sound and how it really showed when Fred subbed for Steven when he broke his hand that were less than flattering to Fred IMHO...............

"Yeah, a big musical difference. The first time I realized what Steve did for the band was when he broke his hand in Michigan. Tried to punch through a wall and busted his hand. So we had Fred Coury come in from Cinderella for the Houston show. Fred played technically good and steady, but the songs sounded just awful. They were written with Steve playing the drums and his sense of swing was the push and pull that give the songs their feel. When that was gone, it was just...unbelievable, weird. Nothing worked. I would have preferred to continue with Steve, but we'd had two years off and we couldn't wait any longer. It just didn't work for Slash to be telling Steve to straighten out. He wasn't ready to clean up."

Musician, 1992

Further to that question, it seemed like Adam Maples from Sea Hags had the gig after Adler left, only to fizzle out and then Matt was in. What happened there?

Adam Maples and Martin Chambers (of The Pretenders) were given serious consideration but ultimately the band decided they didn't fit the band's sound.